Minimum Height, Cooker Switch?

Satcommlee

Hi,

a visiting 3 year old started a fire in the house I rent, she switched the electric hob and isolator on when there was a basket of washing sat on-top.

Yes, to have a basket of washing on top the cooker is silly, but the cooker isolation switch was only about 2 feet (60 cm) from ground level.

Now, the damage is not that bad, only smoke damage to the house - but a melted washing machine and runied cooker.

Is there a minimum height requirement in Thailand for such isolation switches?

I'm happy to replace the cooker/washing machine and re-paint etc.. out of my own pocket - but if my landlady wants to get funny about it, I would like to be able to pull a little rabbit out of the hat regarding the legality of the install in the first place.

Any info appreciated..

Please tell me you are joking here ? blink.png

I can't see why the owner would want to get funny if you are going to replace everything and repaint ?

It's quite simple... If I repaint the smoke damage (which was all external) - the rest of the house will look bland in comparison and she may want the whole house repainted and she may not accept a like for like reconditioned/second hand cooker and want Home-Pro's latest and greatest replacement.

Me Farang - Her Thai!!

Even if there is a code for switch height (and I don't think Thai regs have gotten that far as yet), it obviously was not enforced so where do you think you could go with 'legal'? My suggestion is to explain to the owner what happened and work out solution before you re-paint or replace something.

electrical standards in Thailand ???? Fugget About.

Every day I have tingling sensation when I touch home appliance, the fridge passing through my computer.

On the sidewalks, you have electrical extension cords, without protection, to enlighten food stalls or trees. Then your interrupter !!!!

Your renters insurance should pay to repair the damage, it depends upon the policy terms exactly what you'll get of course.

As to height regulations, the UK has only just started enforcing same, here, no way José Somchai.

Sirocco, if you're getting tingles you need to get some form of ground in place, it doesn't need to be brilliant to stop the tickle and if necessary open the RCD (Safe-T-Cut).