How Come Some Thai Girls Never Get Fat?

Donz

My fiancee has this friend who is very pretty and has a smoking body, but everytime we go out to eat with her or she comes over for a BBQ she eats like a machine, I mean we buy extra food just to make sure she gets fed well (cos she is also a great friend of ours)

She sometimes gets 2 (farangs size) meals when we go to restaruants then something else for desert. We usually go to the pub after the restaruant and after a few hours of drinking she wants icecrea etc.

Once we had a BBQ and she was (no joke) eating for about 3 hours without a break. How the hel_l do they do it and still look slim????

Also my fiancee has a friend in Thailand who has a hard time keeping a relationship because her bf's cant stand her sitting in a restaruant for hours watching her eat, and im told she eats double of what our sydney thai friend eats. Plus there both slim.

Does anyone else have any simular stories?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My fiancee has this friend who is very pretty and has a smoking body, but everytime we go out to eat with her or she comes over for a BBQ she eats like a machine, I mean we buy extra food just to make sure she gets fed well (cos she is also a great friend of ours)

She sometimes gets 2 (farangs size) meals when we go to restaruants then something else for desert. We usually go to the pub after the restaruant and after a few hours of drinking she wants icecrea etc.

Once we had a BBQ and she was (no joke) eating for about 3 hours without a break. How the hel_l do they do it and still look slim????

Also my fiancee has a friend in Thailand who has a hard time keeping a relationship because her bf's cant stand her sitting in a restaruant for hours watching her eat, and im told she eats double of what our sydney thai friend eats. Plus there both slim.

Does anyone else have any simular stories?

:o LOL Your a funny guy!

I think it might have something to do with the fact that peppers and chillies have the effect of raising the heart rate. Which in turn metabolises more fat to be burned than not eating hot food.

Or something like that, perhaps one of the boffins on here will elaborate

Also, I suspect that hot girls with "smoking bodies" tend to be kept physically active behind closed doors by male "smokers".

Edited by Thaipwriter

Hey Donz they do get fat eventually. You been to Pattaya lately? There are plenty of fat girls around here. Try going to Champion A Go Go, they got some real biggies in there.

I think the gals you mention just don't eat all day knowing the BBQ is happening then go to town on it. Aren't they sweet when they eat, I love to see em enjoy their food. :o

I find it funny when we go out with our farang friends (girls) and they order a little meal with lots of salad and she orders the whole menu and they say how the hel_l do you stay thin while we have to constintly exercise to stay in shape

My wife is the same. The Marriott almost had to ask her to leave when she suggested they put another leg of lamb in the oven! :o

Makes me sick really, as I only have to look at food and another chin appears.

Definately their metabolism. When she wakes up in the morning she is miserable, tired and grouchy. After breakfast her little motor kicks in and she's off! Speed begins to drop off as lunch time approaches and then its off again.

It may also be a thyroid problem; a friend of ours has this. She eats like a pig, but never puts on weight. She also works hard, but I think the thyroid is the main reason she's still thin. As one poster said, there are plenty of Thai ladies who are fat and that number is increasing drastically. Western fast food joints/lifestyle play the biggest roles perhaps.

Hey Donz they do get fat eventually. You been to Pattaya lately? There are plenty of fat girls around here. Try going to Champion A Go Go, they got some real biggies in there.

I think the gals you mention just don't eat all day knowing the BBQ is happening then go to town on it. Aren't they sweet when they eat, I love to see em enjoy their food. :o

like 1 in 50 are fat

donz, I know lots of Thai women who are heavy and eat very little, lots of farang women who are the same, Thai women who eat alot and stay thin, same with farangs.

My sister was like that, but, as women age their metabolism changes and the weight is more easily gained and less easily lost. I suspect your friend is under 40, correct? When my sister hit about 42 (and quit smoking) she gained weight which has not been so easy to lose. Not that she's fat, just that's up to a normal weight for her height :o. She has always had a fast metabolism and been very active. When she was a kid they wanted to put her on Ritalin (mom said no, bless her).

So, in all likelihood, you are seeing a younger, active person with a fast metabolism.

yes she is in her early 30's (looks 16) but she deinately not active, apart from bedroom exercise.

Well im just aiming at girls 30 and under.

Like you see the uni girls in Thailand, its like eye candy and all have great bodies

Fast metabolism doesn't necessarily mean active, I guess I should have added.

Very true.

Having a high metabolism and being active can actually make it difficult to put on weight.

I used to be a pudgy kid (pre-teens). Hit the teens and became skinny as a rake. So skinny that when I tried to join the army at age 19, they turned me away as I was over 20 pounds under the "minimum weight" for my height !

(they told me to eat lots of bananas and drink some milkshakes before coming back again. Must have worked because they let me join the next year).

Used to love going to dinner with friends. After finishing my meal, I would help them finish theirs as well.

Then, I hit the mid-30's. I found that even though I was still active, and wasn't "pigging out" as much, I was starting to add weight. I went up one pant size from when I had joined the army 15 years earlier. I've gone up another in the last 10 years. It's starting to add up faster (doesn't help that I'm not in the army anymore).

Check out your tee-rak's family. I've seen a lot of skinny Thai girls, but noticed that their moms, grandmoms and aunts are all quite large.

As for their eating habits. One of my friends will go a whole day on just one of those little packs of noodle soup (especially if she is feeling chunky, all 90 pounds worth of her) :o

But then we go out to dinner, and she scarfs down just as much, or more, than I do (all 180ish pounds of me !)

But wait until she hits 40 ! :D

yes she is in her early 30's (looks 16) but she deinately not active, apart from bedroom exercise.

Like you see the uni girls in Thailand, its like eye candy and all have great bodies

you haven't been here have you?

like anywhere else there are chubs and cuties and everything in between!

When it is hot, I don't particularly like to eat (although that does not explain the paradox that you presented). Is it the same with many Thai people (most guys are not fat, BTW)? Also, I wonder if it is the weather is hot, wouldn't one burn more calories because one has to make one's body work harder to regulate itself? Maybe digestion is more efficient? Metabolism changes over one's lifetime, but it could be higher in Thai people. If one is conscious of that, then one can be regulate one's intake. I also think that the kind of food one eats (fresh veggies VS Western diet/junk food) might facilitate or not digestion and the elimination of fat and toxins! I also think that they are more active than the average Westerners. My 2 cents! I mean one ... one cent! :o

Edited by MyPenRye

well, but mypenrye, there are plenty of heavy Thai women if you just look and they are presumably eating the same things as the skinny ones and live in the same climate so I can't really see how that makes a difference.

We have 3 Thai women working for us. One is short and voluptuous--not really fat but certainly well rounded, and the other two are skinny. They eat the same foods, work the same hours and live in the same area. Your hypothesis just doesn't work in this case.

Every woman and every man has a different body type and metabolism. Some are short and chubby, short and skinny, tall and chubby, tall and skinny and if everything else were equal (ie food, climate etc) then they would still be different!

you haven't been here have you?

like anywhere else there are chubs and cuties and everything in between!

Yes ive been there many times, I think you havent been to sydney, im comparing with our girls, 50% of chicks here seem to be overweight, when I was in Thailand i walked past the uni and thought I died and went to heaven. 100's in tight mini skirts :o

donz, uni girls don't count. When I was in University I weighed 115 pounds at 5'5" Or for you metric people: 52 kilos at 164 cm.

Not fair comparing general population to girls only in University

donz, uni girls don't count. When I was in University I weighed 115 pounds at 5'5" Or for you metric people: 52 kilos at 164 cm.

really, so you had a great body too aye. nice height, good weight.. I better stop before you give me a holiday.

Ok, how about girls 30 and below. you cant tell me there is alot of bigger girls there

My Thai wife is slim and trim too. She weighed 100 pounds when I met her and at 38 years old she still weighs 100 pounds. I have had friends remark about how much she can eat and still keep trim. What they don't see is that it's not that easy for her. She steps on the scale often and she has strong arms. At a fraction over 100 pounds she pushes herself away from the table until she is back at her chosen weight. I'm sure there are many time when she would love to have a filling meal rather than som tom.

really, so you had a great body too aye. nice height, good weight.. I better stop before you give me a holiday.

Ok, how about girls 30 and below. you cant tell me there is alot of bigger girls there

A lot might be stretching it, but they are certainly there, and with an increased intake of junk food they will be approaching Western standards in a generation or two.

On a serious note-

There is a lot of pressure for women to stay very thin in Thailand - A reason why the use of slimming tablets banned in many other countries are widespread here!

A good point, and one that gets ignored too often.

My wife's sister suddenly started loosing weight and was asked by her father a number of times if she was taking pill to loose weight - She repeadedly denied she was, until she suddenly became jaundiced - severely so.

She spent over a week in hospital and came within a month or two of completely wrecking her kidneys.

After admitting she was taking pills to loose weight she'll also add that many of her friends are doing the same.