Suspects in Koh Tao backpacker murders retract confessions, says official

webfact

The RTP are so used to backing their version of events with threats and intimidation against any questioning of their actions and statements, that they are at a complete loss as to what to do now.

How do you threaten and intimidate mass media from all around the world?

Whatever the outcome of this case, you are going to see an improvement from the RTP when it comes to potential high profile investigations concerning citizens of other countries.

That maybe the only good thing to come out of this farce.

"you are going to see an improvement from the RTP"

you are going to see a more cunning and deceptive RTP I think!

Constable: We have the culprits cornered sarg'

Sarg: Just shoot them, we will say they were threatening us and trying to escape.

Case closed...

Money banked $$$

"more cunning and deceptive", is that really possible?

The good general PM should appoint a new Police Commissioner General to clean up.

Oh, forgetful me. He already did on Aug 20th.

Maybe the old one was suspected of commissioning envelopes for opponents.

Maybe Pol Gen Vasit has it right: "Police reform will not be possible. Honest and decent people will no longer be able to depend upon the Police."

"no longer" is likely tongue in cheek.

Good to see so many heeding the commendable threats of criminal/legal action against anyone commenting negatively on the `sad` pol.

http://thaitribune.org/en/hot-issue/5886

Edited by heyexile

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With some notable exceptions, Thai police are generally poorly educated and not very bright but their careers start with paying bribes to pass the police entrance exams.

Youve got to have a degree to get into the police i am led to believe so they are educated to some degree.

As someone who left school at 15 i find your comment about education patronising as if plagiarising Karl Marx from some degree mill somehow makes one intelligent and decent.

They have to pass an entrance exam, not have a degree.

Plagiarism and the presenting of degrees purchased from degree mills are both fraudulent activities and obviously irrelevant when discussing actual education.

You might also care to note the 'and' between 'poorly educated' and 'not very bright', these are entirely separate concepts, but both would apply to you.

Funny how ive a job that means im in the best 1% paid in the UK, you on the other hand have to go to Thailand to find a Issan bride.

With some notable exceptions, Thai police are generally poorly educated and not very bright but their careers start with paying bribes to pass the police entrance exams.

Youve got to have a degree to get into the police i am led to believe so they are educated to some degree.

As someone who left school at 15 i find your comment about education patronising as if plagiarising Karl Marx from some degree mill somehow makes one intelligent and decent.

Your naivety is quite astounding. To join the RTP a degree is needed, but the only recruits who are employed are those who show real initiative by producing a 'fake' degree bought in Bangkok on that well known Soi!

Your naivety is quite astounding. To join the RTP a degree is needed, but the only recruits who are employed are those who show real initiative by producing a 'fake' degree bought in Bangkok on that well known Soi!

True you do need a 'degree' but 400k is more inportant

Even Sean MCAnna believes the Myanmar boys are scapegoats.

http://m.soundcloud.com/seanmcanna/comments

Of course, he not only believes but he knows.

Here is - what I believe - is a probable scenario.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=831659013521218&id=821012217919231

Extract:

My theory on what may have happened - Sean, Fresh Milk, AC Bar owner and 1 other staff member were on the beach playing guitar. David and Hannah walk by and they stop and say hello to Sean for a few minutes. David and Hannah walk down the beach and the three Thais and Sean follow them. A fight breaks out and someone hits David in the head with the wooden stick and he falls down. They then start punching him the the push knife and Sean tries to separate them and get in between the attacker and David. Sean then gets stabbed in the arm and he takes off running away from the area. The blood is coming down his arm while he is holding the guitar. He then goes to the bar and gets cleaned up and goes home. There are a lot of pieces to the investigation that I don't know about because they are in Thai and the Google Translate is not very accurate. This is just my theory that Sean was there, he wasn't involved directly but he knows partially what happened. When he said this: "I loved you so f****** much brother. I know you tried to save her. "You are the most honourable guy I’ve ever met.' it has some truth to it because HE WAS THERE at the start of the attack.

• Like 1

Plagiarism and the presenting of degrees purchased from degree mills are both fraudulent activities and obviously irrelevant when discussing actual education.

You might also care to note the 'and' between 'poorly educated' and 'not very bright', these are entirely separate concepts, but both would apply to you.

Funny how ive a job that means im in the best 1% paid in the UK, you on the other hand have to go to Thailand to find a Issan bride.

I'm not going to boast about my earnings, but I can say I have a GCE in English Language. Judging by the quality of your offerings, English isn't the language of your birth.

Wow! What do you do?

Yes i suppose most of the recruits have nipped down to KSR and have obtained a fake degree.

Despite the fact Thailand has a large proportion of young people in higher education the majority will obviously be using fake degrees, yes you are correct my naivety is astounding.

You know absolutely nothing about the recruitment process or what goes on to get these jobs in the police so shut your mouth and stop trying to be the Thai expert that you claim to be.

What has begun to amaze me is that posters on here are coming together.Before this tragedy we would infight with each other about the daily events in Thailand. ( Too many subjects to list ).Can we all be wrong about this topic?

Seems to me if you dont agree you get howled down and told your an idiot..the reality is we are all just guessing what occurred that night..I'm not convinced either way as obviously their defence will say they didn't do it even if they did to it...thats their job..

Most people are working with hearsay and innuendos...

This case will provide a realisation of sorts -

Thousands are cancelling as we speak-

Really. Who is cancelling? Most people are not following this case that closely

Can't say if they are thousands cancelling as we speak BUT

During last years October and November Full Moon Party days I had 286 beds/nights

booked and paid for. Not a single cancellation or "no shows".

For the first November week in 2013 I had an occupancy rate of 82%

During this years October and November Full Moon Party I had bookings for 27 beds/nights

From the 27 beds/nights bookings, I had 8 nights cancelled and 12 just didn't turn up.

For the first November week in 2014, I have an occupancy rate of 26%

Now I'm lucky, we are only a small resort with a pretty good reputation and still have

some customers, mainly Holiday people or People attending Yoga and dive courses

but NO party tourists. Those resorts without a decent reputation or the ones who rely

on Party Tourists, are having a hard time.

No problem for me personally, just gives me a well deserved rest but for others running

businesses here, times have become pretty tough for the small or medium businesses

here on the island as many of them have taken out loans to expand their places whilst

there was a tourist boom. Now, they can't pay back their debts to, .... well guess.

Again, the "Cream de la cream" have nothing to worry, if it's not tourist money flowing

into their pockets, then it's money or land from failed businesses.

Thanks for sharing that, many of us now have an insight into the effect this case is having on businesses.

Sad but inevitable.

I suppose many of us are hoping that some desperate cash strapped local business owner knows something and blows the whistle

but thats a pipe dream I suppose.

Good luck with the rest of the season, I hope your regulars return.

Good island folk on KT KPN and KS all know ! Fear is why they are not spilling the beans. this family and their connections are almost beyond reproach. I say 'almost' ...as I do still hold out some hope that prayuth isn't the dirtbag he currently appears to be. He had better order a full enquiry over this - yesterday!

What has begun to amaze me is that posters on here are coming together.Before this tragedy we would infight with each other about the daily events in Thailand. ( Too many subjects to list ).Can we all be wrong about this topic?

Seems to me if you dont agree you get howled down and told your an idiot..the reality is we are all just guessing what occurred that night..I'm not convinced either way as obviously their defence will say they didn't do it even if they did to it...thats their job..

Most people are working with hearsay and innuendos...

Not guessing mate. Wisen up.

Nothing funny about your failure to understand the clear and obvious differences between money, intelligence and education. Maybe you earn more than 150 grand but you fail to be able to produce at even a primary school level of grammar. Personally I would prefer to be able to write as well as a 10 year old than to be well off, that's just my sense of pride. And I didn't go to Thailand to find an Isaan bride, what gave you that idea? Funny how you are a slave to the occasional holiday while I got to leave the rat race in my 30's and now live the life in Thailand 365 days per year, I can only thank my intelligence and education for that.

• Like 2

Can't say if they are thousands cancelling as we speak BUT

During last years October and November Full Moon Party days I had 286 beds/nights

booked and paid for. Not a single cancellation or "no shows".

For the first November week in 2013 I had an occupancy rate of 82%

During this years October and November Full Moon Party I had bookings for 27 beds/nights

From the 27 beds/nights bookings, I had 8 nights cancelled and 12 just didn't turn up.

For the first November week in 2014, I have an occupancy rate of 26%

Now I'm lucky, we are only a small resort with a pretty good reputation and still have

some customers, mainly Holiday people or People attending Yoga and dive courses

but NO party tourists. Those resorts without a decent reputation or the ones who rely

on Party Tourists, are having a hard time.

No problem for me personally, just gives me a well deserved rest but for others running

businesses here, times have become pretty tough for the small or medium businesses

here on the island as many of them have taken out loans to expand their places whilst

there was a tourist boom. Now, they can't pay back their debts to, .... well guess.

Again, the "Cream de la cream" have nothing to worry, if it's not tourist money flowing

into their pockets, then it's money or land from failed businesses.

If so, and I don't really believe you, but if so, how much do you pay the locals and BIB for caretaking YOUR business???????????????

I believe the owner, and i sypathise with his plight, and his comment of people who have taken out loans with (Well guess) i well understand. But what worries me more is that these people (The locals) look on foreign businesses as something that will probably end up in their hands one way or another, depending on their desire to own what they did not build or work for...... Thailand is littered with these stories, and a lot of them involve violence..... Everyone pays in Thailand, some with money, and some with their life........ I was given a piece of good advice 25 years ago in a bar, " Take it from me mate, don't have anything you can't pick up and run away with in SE Asia" Good advice, becoming more relevant day by day..........

Fully agree with you. This is not my first business I had here on the islands.

My first business I had, I sold within a year. Why? Most "customers" were of the kind who

comes with the entire family, friends or "business partners". eat, drink then leave without

paying and trust me, you don't want to run behind them with the unpaid bill.

Second place I had, I was threatened with a machete and gun wielding Thai guy because

of 30'000 baht I was not prepared to give him. [He was followed by two Burmese laborers

who had no choice but to do what he told them to do and I can easily see, how either they

witnessed me attacking the Thai guy or they would have been the culprits if things would

have gone out of hands]

What did I do? Well, I grabbed my Passport and other important documents, some clothes,

my laptop and the entire customer database and went to stay with his neighbours. Same

family but obviously a little bit more influence.

On the one hand the family turned their back and didn't wanted to see anything as they were,

and still are, afraid of this drugged up crazy family member. On the other hand, the same

people who turned their back gave me shelter and protection from this crazy guy.

BTW - that resort isn't doing very well since several years now and is up for sell

75'000'000 thb if anyone is interested cheesy.gif

• Like 1

Who would have thought: A pissing-contest on Thaivisa!!whistling.gif

And ofcourse Mr 1% is married to a hi-so Chinese lady with uni-degrees in multiple topics and her father is a highranking and well-connected general??cheesy.gif

Why does Sean Mcanna have a deep cut on his arm that looks identical to the one on David's shoulder? Why did he have a blood stained guitar that he hadn't yet cleaned off just days after the murders. The theory from the poster above could be right. I would like to hear Mcanna's explanation of those things.

Let's all hope the corrupt cops will not hang the two or poison or beat them to death like announced in another article, "Koh Samui prison chief fears Koh Tao murder suspects may commit suicide." Given all the history of this case and other Koh Tao related killings and crimes it is clear that the police over there is covering permanently for one or more serial killers who believe they are untouchable. The Koh Samui (Samui, a corrupt and mafia-controlled cesspit like Koh Tao) prison chief's concern could basically be an order to his Koh Tao cronies in disguise telling them to "take the Burmese guys out" enabling them to wrap up the case...

Now, with the world watching and waiting I believe it is time for the army to step in and clear all three mafia islands (Koh Tao, Phangan and Samui) simultaneously and without warning. A Gen. PM stepping in front of cameras announcing to international media that he liberated three islands in Thailand from century old mafia structures over the course of a few days with all family members and corrupt officials in jail would be hailed a hero by all nations and tourism as well as confidence in Thailand would return. Difficult it will be though to prevent opportunists from taking over the empty mafia thrones. Best then to reshuffle police forces on a quarter year term and have a fixed army base on each island patrolling the beaches at night with officers in charge reshuffled quarterly or every half year to prevent corruption.

Said also should be that I have never seen almost each and everyone in this forum being in agreement by over 90%. This is the first time after over 1.200 posts that I feel TV is worth the time and effort to post here. Thank you to all TV members (also the ones who created dummies and posted through them) who continued to post infos and messages that opposed the official version of Hannah's and David's rape and murder desptite the threats of the RTP to punish social media users who dare to question the crooked official version. People still have power - the framed Burmese suspects retracting their confessions along with international media now questioning the investigation proofs it. And it feels great!

Excellent, superb post. Thank you.

Sean McAnna looks like he hiding a lot.... He clearly stated on his facebook " its the owner from AC bar who did it " . And for some reason he put pictures of this guy on his facebook.

he said " to everyone commenting. I never said I knew the killers. I said that if I died that night it was the guy from in touch who "did it""

<deleted> ?? is he saying that he was threatened by this guy then ? if yes for what reason ?

AM i missing something or this guy doesnt make any f sense at all ?

I believe the owner, and i sypathise with his plight, and his comment of people who have taken out loans with (Well guess) i well understand. But what worries me more is that these people (The locals) look on foreign businesses as something that will probably end up in their hands one way or another, depending on their desire to own what they did not build or work for...... Thailand is littered with these stories, and a lot of them involve violence..... Everyone pays in Thailand, some with money, and some with their life........ I was given a piece of good advice 25 years ago in a bar, " Take it from me mate, don't have anything you can't pick up and run away with in SE Asia" Good advice, becoming more relevant day by day..........

e.g.

http://drugsinthailand.blogspot.co.uk/

Yeap, spot on!!!

Sounds very similar to one of my early experiences, only I didn't take

the drugs offered to me by Khun ..................

I still have a bit of "Emergency Funds" for tough times.

• Like 1

excellent post

With some notable exceptions, Thai police are generally poorly educated and not very bright but their careers start with paying bribes to pass the police entrance exams. Those who get promoted to regional commands continue this trend but must also be aggressive and hungry with proven track records of passing enough money up the pyramids. They have to pay for plum jobs, followed by monthly fixed retainers. Jobs in tourist resorts are especially lucrative and command a premium. It is said that the Pattaya police chief job is worth B20 million a month in gross income before payment of the fixed retainer, so you can imagine how much the upfront premium might be for that job. Koh Tao and Koh Phangnan, which supervises Koh Tao, are not in the league of Pattaya, Phuket and Samui but they must also be lucrative posts. In addition to the daily crime busting work seen by the public police have responsibility to supervise a number of important businesses in partnership with local mafias, including protection rackets, illegal aliens, taxi scams smuggling of licquor, tobacco and oil, drug distribution, illegal lotteries and other forms of gambling, forest reserve encroachment, distribution of illegal cut wood etc etc.

Can you wonder that they are cosy with local mafias and resent being forced to do regular police work along with the intrusion of social media in their perfect little world?

The RTP are so used to backing their version of events with threats and intimidation against any questioning of their actions and statements, that they are at a complete loss as to what to do now.

How do you threaten and intimidate mass media from all around the world?

Whatever the outcome of this case, you are going to see an improvement from the RTP when it comes to potential high profile investigations concerning citizens of other countries.

That maybe the only good thing to come out of this farce.

"you are going to see an improvement from the RTP"

you are going to see a more cunning and deceptive RTP I think!

Constable: We have the culprits cornered sarg'

Sarg: Just shoot them, we will say they were threatening us and trying to escape.

Case closed...

Money banked $$$

"more cunning and deceptive", is that really possible?

The good general PM should appoint a new Police Commissioner General to clean up.

Oh, forgetful me. He already did on Aug 20th.

Maybe the old one was suspected of commissioning envelopes for opponents.

Maybe Pol Gen Vasit has it right: "Police reform will not be possible. Honest and decent people will no longer be able to depend upon the Police."

"no longer" is likely tongue in cheek.

Good to see so many heeding the commendable threats of criminal/legal action against anyone commenting negatively on the `sad` pol.

http://thaitribune.org/en/hot-issue/5886

Interesting article. I thought Prayud already appointed a police reformer to head up the police in the form of Pol Gen Somyod, who has just pronounced his intense satisfaction at the perfect job done by his subordinates investigating the Koh Tao murders. Didn't he say he would announce a comprehensive police reform plan by the end of September when he was first made acting police chief?

Anyway the likelihood of genuine police reform is about zero. Politicians normally approach police reform by getting rid of the previously regime's flunkies and substituting their own to keep a tight grip on of the police's centralised power. They fear losing control and having the police turn on them, if there is any significant change. What is different this time?

It is a shame because the government stated objectives of eliminating corruption must start with the police and will otherwise be still born. What is the point in passing more laws against corruption if the people who are supposed to track down and arrest corrupt politicians and government officials and the most corrupt and murderous of them all?

Thailand has copious legislation against corruption already but no one to enforce it.

The current self-appointed Govt are the Army/Police. Same Same (or shame shame).

Police are a large para-military force, essential to have on board whilst staging a coup.

The PM headed up the army and now he is Supreme Commander of the Police Dept to boot.

There are some opposing factions within the police dept.

Much of this farce is straight out the Mikado.

Again "quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" Social Media?

Edited by heyexile

Yes i suppose most of the recruits have nipped down to KSR and have obtained a fake degree.

Despite the fact Thailand has a large proportion of young people in higher education the majority will obviously be using fake degrees, yes you are correct my naivety is astounding.

You know absolutely nothing about the recruitment process or what goes on to get these jobs in the police so shut your mouth and stop trying to be the Thai expert that you claim to be.

I'm posting by typing a reply. As I'm not speaking, I won't shut my mouth, as you so eloquently ask. You're quite correct, I'm not an expert (like you).

However, I can honestly say I've never been asked to 'bid' for any job I've ever applied for, nor have I ever been asked to pay 1,000s of GBP to secure promotion like candidates do in Thailand. Ability and creative, honest thinking count for very little here, and come way, way behind the power of money, which apparently is a commodity you have plenty of. Don't forget, money is no substitute for many of the most satisfying things in life.

• Like 1