Suspects in Koh Tao backpacker murders retract confessions, says official

webfact

Im happy that they have. I just prey there not killed in jail....over 100 BIB gonna have a whole lot of egg on their faces.. no wonder there is an unusually high suicide rate from the bib

lately.... how can i all look ur children in the face everynight?

I for one cannot stomach the sight of them now in their tightly browns.

Physically ill at the sight.

I'm afraid in my eyes because they have all been backing each other up they are now tainted all the way to the top. I wouldn't trust a word any single one of them ever said again.

"Perfect investigation". Are they taking the proverbial?

No see there's your problem.

Define the result that was requested? Lets see. Family not implicated in any way, police not implicated in any way, destroy and discredit every process, scapegoats tortured to confessing and suicides.

If these are your objectives from the outset then it was a damn fine "perfect investigation".

Wouldn't you say troops?

• Like 2

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next up: a statement from TAT saying everything is fine.

You got it, from the Samui times today..

"On the day of Hannah Witheridges funeral the Tourism Council of Thailand announced they are planning urgent measures to restore tourism to the island that has been badly damaged by her and David Millers death on September 15th.

According to the new president of the Tourism Council of Thailand, Lttirit Kinglake, the association will be asking the government and local administrative bodies to launch an intensive recovery campaign to rebuild tourism, the council wants to move quickly to rebuild the islands security image now that two suspects are in custody."

http://www.samuitimes.com/revival-planned-koh-tao-wake-tourist-murders/

And I am very close to now leaving this country.

After 7 years. Despicable and disrespectful.

• Like 2

More holes than a window screen. At least this time the brainwashed belief that Thai intellect is the pinnacle of reason getting thrown back in police faces when the external real world comes asking about "proof" even a 5 year old wouldn't believe.

yeah. highly unlikely. Still, very simple fix: open a new facebook account. Post up there.

Highly unlikely ? What is highly unlikely is that one family can have the power it does-from the islands to the entire country, from the police to the government.

Blocking an information feeder and allowing free criticism and access to information /highly unlikely?

Come off it !

Confirmed blocked.

step 1: Open up new account.

Step 2: post up on social media (twitter/facebook) new account details (CIS LA - was gonna make it, but didnt fancy tying in my gmail :))

Step 3: carry on posting

Seriously. Open up 10 accounts. Facebook plus infinite email addresses makes it very easy.

Just make the CSI dude admin, bring some conversations over and spread the word :)

• Like 1

how can i all look ur children in the face everynight?

I have been wondering the same since day 1 of this tragedy. How can someone live with the idea to have covered such an horrific murder. We are not talking about a road ticket of THB 100-200... It is not a question of Religion or even Education. Simply a question of basic moral. How can so many corrupted cops (over 200 according to news reports) parade in Koh Tao in nicely fitted and clean uniforms, knowing perfectly that this is a big cover up and not being ashamed of themselves. Can they look at themselves proudly in the mirror? That's so weird...

If anyone doubted how dirty thailand is.....this is it.

Why is this case has come to this point? Simple. Does anyone here honestly tells me he or she had ever met any really smart looking and intelligent police during the entire stay in this country? As for me, I have yet to meet one!

I have been wondering the same since day 1 of this tragedy. How can someone live with the idea to have covered such an horrific murder. We are not talking about a road ticket of THB 100-200... It is not a question of Religion or even Education. Simply a question of basic moral. How can so many corrupted cops (over 200 according to news reports) parade in Koh Tao in nicely fitted and clean uniforms, knowing perfectly that this is a big cover up and not being ashamed of themselves. Can they look at themselves proudly in the mirror? That's so weird...

Obviously you don't know Thai Culture, Money number one always in Thailand, A Buddhist nation but one of the most violent in the world.

• Like 1

If anyone doubted how dirty thailand is.....this is it.

General Prayuth Jong Ill was asked how dirty he thought Thailand was. He reported in from the UK where he is currently meeting with Sean McAnna, awarding him with a healthy cash reward for services rendered and thanking him for his contribution to Thai society. On accepting the reward and shaking the generals hand for a photo opportunity in front of the media, Sean confirmed that as far as he was concerned Thailand was not dirty, he did not point fingers at mafia individuals and had never seen anything at all, ever, at any time.

There was a round of applause by the generals

entourage and perplexed onlookers as Sean ran out the tradies entrance.

RTB (Rotten Thai Police), you can be proud of you:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2787956/family-friends-british-tourist-murdered-beach-thailand-wear-flowers-hair-tribute-23-year-old-funeral.html

Because you are also responsible; not only for the incompetence and the corruption; but also for the murders. Without your "protection", this might have never happened. But because you are so corrupted, because you are mafia, some people act like this because they think that they are covered, protected. You RTP are insane, disgusting, a shame for Thailand and Humanity in general.

Mister Prime Minister General. I am sure that many Thai people are furious against the RTP you even said you would reward for their "perfect" job. I am naive (or stupid) enough to be believe that you have been misled by your own hierarchy. So instead of blocking CSI LA and continuing of restricting freedom of speech, I would highly encourage you to take some decisive actions and in the right direction: JUSTICE. Among others, CSI LA has greatly helped the investigation, not like your incompetent and corrupted RTB you want to reward.

• Like 1

What and who are you hiding Mr General?

What the hell does this have to do with the General? Does David Cameron conduct murder investigations in the UK? The lengths some of you will go to make a political point of a tragic murder disgust me.

Didn't he say if there was a failure to end corruption, it would be his responsibility?

He also said he wasn't planning a coup.coffee1.gif

The police are to be rewarded for doing a good job.

And they have done a good job ....................... for somebody.

Foreigners have been murdered here before and the police are always criticized for not protecting the crime scene and for allowing vital evidence to be contaminated or destroyed. This is so commonplace that it is fair to assume that the police in charge of the investigation must know about sealing of the scene and not touching anything until experts have been called in.

So why have they yet again allowed it to happen ?

The only conclusion I can come to is that their apparent negligence is intentional. As more questions are asked and more doubts raised the probability that the two scapegoats will be released increases .

However.as time passes, all the forensic evidence gets contaminated and confused to the point of being unacceptable for a conviction. The real killers get away with it as the trail has gone cold. A few policemen get transfered as punishment, everyone gets bored ................then business as usual like it never happened.

The only hope is that if international pressure can be maintained something ..............but then again .... justice is wishful

thinking in Thailand.sad.png

• Like 1

RTB (Rotten Thai Police), you can be proud of you:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2787956/family-friends-british-tourist-murdered-beach-thailand-wear-flowers-hair-tribute-23-year-old-funeral.html

Because you are also responsible; not only for the incompetence and the corruption; but also for the murders. Without your "protection", this might have never happened. But because you are so corrupted, because you are mafia, some people act like this because they think that they are covered, protected. You RTP are insane, disgusting, a shame for Thailand and Humanity in general.

Mister Prime Minister General. I am sure that many Thai people are furious against the RTP you even said you would reward for their "perfect" job. I am naive (or stupid) enough to be believe that you have been misled by your own hierarchy. So instead of blocking CSI LA and continuing of restricting freedom of speech, I would highly encourage you to take some decisive actions and in the right direction: JUSTICE. Among others, CSI LA has greatly helped the investigation, not like your incompetent and corrupted RTB you want to reward.

Well said toonsai. That article is blocked here so can you simply post the article on here in full ?

...meanwhile in Africa women are being raped and murdered by "militia" in horrific civil war disputes, by the hundreds or thousands. When it happens to a tourist in Thailand it's world news. Not to be insensitive....

They can demand justice on africavisa.com

Already been posted and deleted not fair use

So it appears dear friends that very soon the only information we will be able to receive will be through the RTpolice statements and embarrassing interviews and the PM s embarrassing statements.

It really feels like the ocean is slowly drying up into a small puddle and soon will there will be nothing but propaganda at our feet. To think I supported the junta. Egg on my face right now I can assure you.

Expect Thai visa to be blocked soon.

• Like 2

Posted on Time.com link below

http://time.com/3487462/thailand-koh-tao-murders-hannah-witheridge-david-miller-zaw-lin-win-zaw-htun/

"The Investigation Into Thailands Backpacker Slayings Is Officially a Farce"

Blocked.

" Blocked. "

nounsure.png

I just opened it and read it.thumbsup.gif I'm really glad it has reached these kinds of publications and has been written in such a damning way. Next I hope an investigative journalist television crew such as BBC panorama or something similar will delve into it and expose this lawlessness to a worldwide audience.

• Like 1

With some notable exceptions, Thai police are generally poorly educated and not very bright but their careers start with paying bribes to pass the police entrance exams.

Youve got to have a degree to get into the police i am led to believe so they are educated to some degree.

As someone who left school at 15 i find your comment about education patronising as if plagiarising Karl Marx from some degree mill somehow makes one intelligent and decent.

They have to pass an entrance exam, not have a degree.

Plagiarism and the presenting of degrees purchased from degree mills are both fraudulent activities and obviously irrelevant when discussing actual education.

You might also care to note the 'and' between 'poorly educated' and 'not very bright', these are entirely separate concepts, but both would apply to you.

Funny how ive a job that means im in the best 1% paid in the UK, you on the other hand have to go to Thailand to find a Issan bride.

I have to post here as I have reached the limit on the last one.

If the only mistakes you can find are missing apostrophes then that just shows how poor your English actually is. If it were an English lesson then you would have been being taught something rather than being criticised. The criticism of your intelligence and education started when you dismissed the higher education system as being something of a culture of fraud and was expanded when you retaliated by stating that you earn a high wage. What do you really expect when you say such silly things?

OK. Back to the topic. Thai Police do not require a degree to pass entrance, they have to be between 20 and 27 and have at least a junior high school education. They sit an exam and if they pass this exam they then go on to one of the Police Schools or the Police Cadet Academy. If they intend to go to the academy there is another much harder exam process first. The vast majority go to the one year Police School and attain a Diploma in Police Science, a smaller elite go to the Academy for four years and get a Bachelors in Police Administration. Those graduating from Police School start as Police Officers and those from the Academy as Sub-lieutenants. No need for a degree for entrance, in fact they have a rule that no previous higher education can count toward the degree or the diploma. Once ranking police they do all have some education, even if it is just a one year diploma they are still highly educated in comparison to you though, hey?

Oh, do I actually know about the process and is it actually YOU who knows nothing about the process?

Just out of interest, if you don't go on holiday to Thailand or intend to live in Thailand then why are you on a Thai forum? Mail order bride?

Yawn. Again

Private message please.

we haven't heard a whole lot recently from the "just face the facts now, the DNA has been matched" case closed types. don't remember any names but one was to the effect of "I am very proud of the RTP for sticking to their guns on this one"

Edited by Smurkster

we haven't heard a whole lot recently from the "just face the facts now, the DNA has been matched" case closed types. the cops were "right all along" contingent.

Unless one counts the public declaration to expect two suicides any day now. Let's hope that they're not saying the coppers are right on this.