Can I get Nespresso capsules in Phuket?

Tapster

Cool, Hans, thanks.

I was wondering whether we'd have to sell our coffee maker before coming over.

thumbsup.gif

Central: 420 Baht (10 caps)

They have a very limited sortiment.

I like the "Cosi". They rarely have it.

As I am roasting coffee, I sometimes fill the capsules myself.

Edited by seabear

We have TWO Nespresso Machines which we brought with us from overseas. Nespresso Capsules here in Thailand are VERY Expensive, so do yourself a huge favour.

Before you come, go on the Internet and you'll find lots of folks selling Capsules that you can fill yourself with whatever Ground Coffee you like.

There are kits that have both Reusable Stainless Steel Capsules and/or the plastic variety.

We bought a kit from a supplier in BKK but you may find you can get them wherever you are at the moment.

Okay, before anyone asks.... we brought all our stuff to Thailand in a Shipping Container and we had TWO Nespresso Machines because we bought the first one retail and then as we were unsure if they were available in Thailand or indeed could be repaired here, we used some "Reward Points" on Amex to get the second one for free.

Edited by Torrens54

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

We have TWO Nespresso Machines which we brought with us from overseas. Nespresso Capsules here in Thailand are VERY Expensive, so do yourself a huge favour.

Before you come, go on the Internet and you'll find lots of folks selling Capsules that you can fill yourself with whatever Ground Coffee you like.

There are kits that have both Reusable Stainless Steel Capsules and/or the plastic variety.

We bought a kit from a supplier in BKK but you may find you can get them wherever you are at the moment.

Okay, before anyone asks.... we brought all our stuff to Thailand in a Shipping Container and we had TWO Nespresso Machines because we bought the first one retail and then as we were unsure if they were available in Thailand or indeed could be repaired here, we used some "Reward Points" on Amex to get the second one for free.

Nestlé's money-extraction tool ! LOL

these capsules are expensive ANYWHERE!

Why not get a coffee machine that doesn't need capsules.

Voila! You can use any coffee you like.

by far the best advice!

My Daughter works for the company in Australia, she said you can order from Singapore the full range of flavours

We tried to order through Nespresso Club. No chance. Nespresso wants to see that you have a valid import license for coffee before shipping. Otherwise it will not be sent out.

Now we ask friends and family to bring some when they visit or send via post. No issues so far.

In have a nespresso U model in BKk. I always get someone to bring over a hundred or so caps from wherever overseas. The cost here is just too expensive. However I found a copy brand for sale at tops (in Bkk, not sure about phuket sorry) . its OK.get you out of a bind if your running low.

Also there's a few other local companies

Cafecaps is in thonglor. Can deliver via web, though I haven't tried them yet

post-92327-14130069824921_thumb.jpg

Anyone know where to buy a Nespresso machine and the cost?

After reading on this thread the hassles of owning a coffee machine that has to use capsules, you still want to buy one?

I will be buying a coffee machine in Phuket when I get back within the next month and I can assure you I will buy a machine that does not limit what coffees I can use, not rely on friends to bring capsules from abroad, or, rely on just a couple of shops to have stock.

Am going to try and get one of those single serving espresso machines without any of the bells and whistles. Something simple to use and clean. A lot less to go wrong, too.

@KarenBravo

Dude, it's a choice.

The Nespresso machine produces coffee that has the crema and strength of a cafe-produced espresso.....at home!

Of course, I have a Bialetti espresso maker, like everyone else..........but the quality and strength is variable and for real cafe coffee, the Nespresso delivers.......at a price.

I don't have it often, so it's probably worth it.

@KarenBravo

Dude, it's a choice.

The Nespresso machine produces coffee that has the crema and strength of a cafe-produced espresso.....at home!

Of course, I have a Bialetti espresso maker, like everyone else..........but the quality and strength is variable and for real cafe coffee, the Nespresso delivers.......at a price.

True, it is a choice, but, as we can see, getting the capsules is not only a pain, but, it limits what coffees you can drink. The "choice" seems obvious to me, if you live in Phuket.

I've had capsule coffee in many of the hotels I stay at. They are usually in the room.

Presently, drinking from a single cup (whatever that thingy with the handle is called) espresso machine made by Krups. The coffee made is as good, or better than capsule.

And guess what? You can vary the strength by varying the amount of coffee you use.

PS. Please don't call me "dude". I'm far too old and it gives me a mental image of communicating with Jeff Spicoli from the movie Fast Times at Ridgemont High, and as you know, he wasn't too bright...........

Edited by KarenBravo

@KarenBravo

Dude, it's a choice.

True, it is a choice, but, as we can see, getting the capsules is not only a pain, but, it limits what coffees you can drink. The "choice" seems obvious to me, if you live in Phuket.

I've had capsule coffee in many of the hotels I stay at. They are usually in the room.

Presently, drinking from a single cup (whatever that thingy with the handle is called) espresso machine made by Krups. The coffee made is as good, or better than capsule.

And guess what? You can vary the strength by varying the amount of coffee you use.

PS. Please don't call me "dude". I'm far too old and it gives me a mental image of communicating with Jeff Spicoli from the movie Fast Times at Ridgemont High, and as you know, he wasn't too bright...........

Well you didnt really contribute to the conversation about where to buy coffee capsules, but instead try to hijack the thread into a war about my coffee machine is better than yours.. Yawn [emoji43]

@KarenBravo

Dude, it's a choice.

Well you didnt really contribute to the conversation about where to buy coffee capsules, but instead try to hijack the thread into a war about my coffee machine is better than yours.. Yawn [emoji43]

If you're going to "tell me off", at least do it in an original and witty way......

• 1 month later...

Hello everybody! I know somebody who bring original capsules. If you are interesting please send me a private and I will give you the contact of this guy.

That person wouldn't be you, perchance?

No sorry, but we will meet each other today and if he agree i will write you his contact