Refining Gold to Gold bullion

Melting gold is no brainer.Then put it into whatever mold you want to.I would just go to Chinatown,Yaraphat rd.Show them what you have.They will most likely buy it from you.It would save you the expense of melting it down and then forming it into gold bars.

1. No need to melt it if you want to sell it (unless of course it's stolen and recognizable coffee1.gif )

If your stuff is genuine and hallmarked at 750(18K), then they will give you that proportion of the gold price, let them do it themselves.

2. If you make it into 99.99% its harder to sell here

96.7% is the standard here, without being a recognized mint item, it will be harder to sell, see the many threads on here about people trying to find places to sell bullion coins or ingots, there are a few.

Cart it into a place like Goldmark and flog it...done. At the moment prices are in the toilet comparatively so they will welcome you.

Oz

Edited by ozsamurai

1. No need to melt it if you want to sell it (unless of course it's stolen and recognizable coffee1.gif )

If your stuff is genuine and hallmarked at 750(18K), then they will give you that proportion of the gold price, let them do it themselves.

2. If you make it into 99.99% its harder to sell here

96.7% is the standard here, without being a recognized mint item, it will be harder to sell, see the many threads on here about people trying to find places to sell bullion coins or ingots, there are a few.

Cart it into a place like Goldmark and flog it...done. At the moment prices are in the toilet comparatively so they will welcome you.

Oz

Thanks for the reply.

1. it is not stolen gold. In Italy I had a gold shop and when closed it keep some gold jewels with me as investment. All genuine, marked 750 and marked with the factory code.

2. You mean will be easy to sell 96.7% gold bar as to sell jewelry 75% (without stones)?

I know that price of gold is low now but 10 years ago was lower! In october 2004 it was 14.5US$/gr and now is 39.6US$/gr. ... the "top" was around 59US$ on 2011 but I think that price will "not back" soon.

Any way, as I wrote, it's not my intention to sell now, just keep in a way that will be easy to sell in Thailand if need money urgently.

Ill contact this kind of company you told me to ask how much in % they will pay. Example in Italy where gold is 75% most company paid you 72%, and other pay you 75% but 2€ less that official prices.

Thanks

You didn't mention stones in the OP, you asked about gold. The baht which is 15.3g of gold is 96.7% pure. It is the commodity traded by gold shops in Thailand, usually only their own 'Hallmark' as well (although some do accept others).

Stones are a whole different kettle of fish, do elaborate what you think you are holding, what certification you have for them etc... then I can advise

Oz

OK so we go back to just the gold. If you want to make it internationally viable then it needs to be as you requested 99.9%, this does not include Thailand as I have explained above, the baht is the standard for quick turn over of gold here. If you envision having to convert it quickly while you are in Thailand then sell it up for it's weight and buy Thai ingots at the same time, it will be cheaper in the end and safer. Buy from a major chain, Aurora, (although I personally hate them) come to mind so you can 'bank it' all over the country if needed. If you intend to run out of money and then head OS, then sell the gold and buy ingots in 99.9% from a dealer, some are in MBK. You should be familiar enough having owned a shop about the security you need to take in this purchase. Good luck. Either way, personally I don't care if you bought it for a dollar, its not the time to sell now unless you want the money now. It will bounce again!

Oz