• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"The crackpot theories are all from the RTP "

LOL

Feel free to review all of the threads

The RTP have one theory of the crime. It has been submitted to the prosecution.

And it's full of holes, as are all of your arguments thai apologiser.

Maybe. We will see when it goes to trial. Personally I have not seen the case submitted to the prosecution. If you have please post it. I can read Thai but it would be best if it were uploaded as a file here. That way I can double check the formal language that will be in it.

The investigation biggest farce was believing a hoe along with a metal pole or a stick were used to kill David.

Anyone including the soi dog would know his injuries were not caused by any of these.

The injuries were caused by a 'push knife' that can be bought at any market just look for knuckle dusters, knives, stall and you will see them. Sean was wearing one around his neck as shown on CSI LA.

The damage david received was to the the left side of his head and face. It would be safe to say the person responsible was left handed.

A suspect mentioned too many times is left handed.

• Like 1

LOL

Maybe. We will see when it goes to trial. Personally I have not seen the case submitted to the prosecution. If you have please post it. I can read Thai but it would be best if it were uploaded as a file here. That way I can double check the formal language that will be in it.

Surely your friends on Koh Tao can get you a copy?

Those who have read my posts woud agree that I am normally rational. But when posters who know nothing about the investigation start on a crusade to defend the indefensible, I get mad. <deleted> mad.

Be careful, the irrational often believe they are totally rational. whistling.gif

The investigation biggest farce was believing a hoe along with a metal pole or a stick were used to kill David.

Anyone including the soi dog would know his injuries were not caused by any of these.

The injuries were caused by a 'push knife' that can be bought at any market just look for knuckle dusters, knives, stall and you will see them. Sean was wearing one around his neck as shown on CSI LA.

The damage david received was to the the left side of his head and face. It would be safe to say the person responsible was left handed.

CSI Thai Visa strikes again.

And all this deduced from the comfort of an armchair.......... or bar stool.

Pure speculation presented as fact.

• Like 1

It is standard practice in Thailand for the prosecutors to insist on clearer more defined police reports and to want a better clarification of certain points in the reports. It does not mean that the reports have been rejected.

Also those so-called crucial witnesses that many have made accusations and comments on forums and in the social media, that as yet, not even one of these alleged witnesses has come forward and made any official statements to any authority or national or international news agencies.

The only farcical parts of this investigation are from those who continue to mouth off about how the police have gone about investigating the said case, yet, do not have even one shred of evidence or confirmed witness reports that contradict the police statements, other than hearsay and crackpot theories..

They should either put up or shut up.

No one said the report was rejected nor did anyone suggest that prosecutors should not have to clarify reports-that happens in any country.

How do you know these certain crucial witnesses have not passed on their information and why...t ..f would they contact international news agencies, not much they can do. The media is RPT here.

Mouth off how the police are handling this for god sake the PM began this mouthing his thoughts the murderers were 'low lifes' she had many boyfriends, bikini's, they were doing it on the beach etc etc etc.

The police report has not been released for public consumption so who's contradicting it.

The crackpot theories are all from RTP get your facts straight or shut up.

And you keep posting your unsubstantiated theories about push knives, left handed attackers etc.

No one's told you to stop, because they've manners and open minds.

• Like 1

LOL

Surely your friends on Koh Tao can get you a copy?

Sadly not. Then again they are not claiming to know what you are.

Another thing. why is the UK government not asking questions or insisting on sending our guys over - is our Embassy in BK so damn cozy with their counterparts? Looks like it

International politics are not quite as simple as you or I would have. They ARE working on it but they also have ISIS amongst other things to deal with at the moment.

Edited by ScubaPhuket

Thai Government invite UK Government/police to confirm the evidence. Job done. The PM can do this

international face sorted

International concerns sorted

International recognition sorted

RTP reputation sorted

Public concerns sorted

Tourism concerns sorted...

Justice for the victims families sorted

So the reason for not doing so is ?

Spot on. The Thai authorities only have themselves to blame because of past failures. The General could do so much for Thai face if they were proven to be correct on this case. Is the case is good, what do they have to lose??

Are you old enough to remember a 1960s American TV series called The Fugitive? About Dr Richard Kimble who gets wrongly accused of murdering his wife and all along it was a one armed man that committed the murder.

I think if you had been on the case it would have been solved in the first episode and that series would not have run on for 4 years. Fabian of the yard, eat your heart out.

• Like 1

Slightly off topic, but just read an interesting article about NRC chief's views, mostly the quote about corruption caught my eye;

"If you look at developed countries, people do not accept bribes or commit corruption because they uphold and value personal integrity. That hasn't been the case in our country, and it's something we should try to foster in our society."

( The Nation / http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Society-must-value-integrity-30245347.html )

Have to commend Khun Thienchai on straightforward recognition of these key issues - now if only he would do credit to these statements. wai2.gif

It's refreshing to say the least.

If nothing else it is a first for Thailand to hear some thing like that from the government.

Not entirely sure I agree with it. In the nanny countries I think it is more out of fear than integrity.whistling.gif

Slightly off topic, but just read an interesting article about NRC chief's views, mostly the quote about corruption caught my eye;

"If you look at developed countries, people do not accept bribes or commit corruption because they uphold and value personal integrity. That hasn't been the case in our country, and it's something we should try to foster in our society."

( The Nation / http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Society-must-value-integrity-30245347.html )

Have to commend Khun Thienchai on straightforward recognition of these key issues - now if only he would do credit to these statements. wai2.gif

If nothing else it is a first for Thailand to hear some thing like that from the government.

Not entirely sure I agree with it. In the nanny countries I think it is more out of fear than integrity.whistling.gif

Well - usually it shows integrity to turn down a bribe whistling.gif All and all I support the scheme of enforcement, if you offer/take/give a bribe, then off to jail you go with a hefty fine (of course depending on the seriousness of the bribe) as it would increase the "moral" treshold of all parties involved. (Also it would have to be enforced neutrally, ie. police not investigating police matters and so on.)

That nanny state chestnut is so 80's. Grow the hell up. That's the best you can do? Let me guess, British on your state pension?

It's not a farce, It's a disgrace.

It's a total cluster <deleted>. If this case was going before a jury it would be a not ģo illy verdict as the prosecution has to prove beyond all reasonable doubt and the case is riddled with doubt.

You do like repeating yourself - repeating yourself - don't you? - don't you?smile.png

It's the app not me, take it up with Thai visa.

'Farce' i think is the correct word. Allowing locals and tourists onto the crime scene while it was being searched for evidence. Releasing graphic photos of the victims' injuries that raised the whole temperature of this case internationally. Regular press briefings on suspects. None of this suggests a police force that was intent on a pernicious cover up. Rather it merely reveals how unsophisticated and inept are the Thai police in making such investigations.

• Like 1

'Farce' i think is the correct word. Allowing locals and tourists onto the crime scene while it was being searched for evidence. Releasing graphic photos of the victims' injuries that raised the whole temperature of this case internationally. Regular press briefings on suspects. None of this suggests a police force that was intent on a pernicious cover up. Rather it merely reveals how unsophisticated and inept are the Thai police in making such investigations.

Thai police say concrete evidence links Burmese suspects to Britons’ murders

Police in Thailand insist they have “concrete” evidence linking two Burmese men to the murders of British tourists Hannah Witheridge and David Miller, as they denied reports that the suspects have withdrawn their confessions.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/oct/11/thailand-murders-hannah-witheridge-david-miller-police-say-concrete-evidence-links-burmese-suspects

Yes, I go along with most of what you are saying except that I would not describe this as a farce. Another way of expressing this, is to say that the Thai police could do with more experts in the field regarding these types of complicated investigations, plus are in desperate need of more resources and higher budgets to investigate such crimes, in many instances the Thai police force are up against the odds trying to fight crime with the limited resources at their disposal.

I can remember dating back to the tragic death of Princess Diana in France. During that time the French police made a right pig`s ear of the whole inquiry, they were considered as the most incompetent police force in the world and they had all the state of the art resources available to them, but again the amateur conspiracy theorists came out in force, only in those days the social media sites were not that well established so there were less platforms for them to air their views. But even today the conspiracy theorists are still ranting on about that case, mostly without a shred of hard evidence to back them up, so it remains as just theories that never have any factual conclusions.

Let us hope that this case does not conclude in the same way, and there will not be any doubts and that the souls of this tragic couple will be able to rest in peace and the minds of the families will be at peace. At this time, this is all we can hope for.

They forgot to mention that there is at least one highly suspect individual who refuses to give a DNA sample (for what reason other than being guilty?) and whom the Thai police continues to overlook

I'm curious, who would he give his DNA to at this point? The police insist they have their 2 matches to the 2 culprits whose DNA was found on one of the victims. Even if the guy gives up his DNA now, what authority would do anything with it? It's like when O.J. Simpson was not convicted and the press asked the prosecutors "Will you continue to look for the culprit?" and they said "We tried the culprit!"

I'm not being sarcastic or saying who is or isn't guilty (as I have no idea). I'm just wondering, from a procedural standpoint, if the Thai investigators would even test the bar owner's family at this point, if they said "test us."