The Investigation Into Thailand’s Backpacker Slayings Is Officially a Farce

Lite Beer

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^^TTom911, if they don't that just makes it worse.

Don't want to make the RTP look stupid. Just want a safe conviction.

Understand?

yes, sure understand ;) But still, they will not give it to you (99.99% sure), or, if they give it (0.01% chance), then you can be certain we know already what that result will be..., coz they will have made damn sure that the result will suit their case... Enough said, I guess...

• Like 1

Understand?

yes, sure understand wink.png But still, they will not give it to you (99.99% sure), or, if they give it (0.01% chance), then you can be certain we know already what that result will be..., coz they will have made damn sure that the result will suit their case... Enough said, I guess...

Sorry Tom, I think we understand each other.

Get the independent (UK) DNA testing done and we're there, either way.

Until then there is no chance of a safe conviction in the eyes of the well . . . most people.

Everyone goes on about the DNA testing, but the crime scene was deliberately contaminated from day one.

• Like 2

I can't believe this dysfunctional, useless, lying mob. A sorry and sad excuse for a police force.

The police today said they had completed the prosecutions request and have handed the 835 pages back

According to the police- there was only one request from the prosecution and that was to amend the sentence to a higher sentence.

• Like 1

Understand?

yes, sure understand wink.png But still, they will not give it to you (99.99% sure), or, if they give it (0.01% chance), then you can be certain we know already what that result will be..., coz they will have made damn sure that the result will suit their case... Enough said, I guess...

I also like to "dream" sometimes, I just know that such "dreams" don't come true when dealing with certain people/institutions... harsh reality

• Like 1

Understand?

I also like to "dream" sometimes, I just know that such "dreams" don't come true when dealing with certain people/institutions... harsh reality

It's all so easy to fix really. Thai Government invite UK Government/police to confirm the evidence. Job done. That action at least would remove 50% of the doubt. Rest of the doubt gone on issue of a UK report.

But yes, in a perfect World.

Edited by MJP
  • Like 2

It is standard practice in Thailand for the prosecutors to insist on clearer more defined police reports and to want a better clarification of certain points in the reports. It does not mean that the reports have been rejected.

Also those so-called crucial witnesses that many have made accusations and comments on forums and in the social media, that as yet, not even one of these alleged witnesses has come forward and made any official statements to any authority or national or international news agencies.

The only farcical parts of this investigation are from those who continue to mouth off about how the police have gone about investigating the said case, yet, do not have even one shred of evidence or confirmed witness reports that contradict the police statements, other than hearsay and crackpot theories..

They should either put up or shut up.

• Like 1

Lozza

The police have one theory of the case. Court will hopefully clear things up.

Yet on here people have many theories. They change hourly. The phone... The shorts... Small men could not have done this. The RTA knew or the RTA didn't know.. McKanna did it... He knows who did... ETC etc etc

• Like 1

ok totally off subject, but to endorse how people do not read posts properly, i have a female friend who had her phone nicked and i asked about getting a s/h phone, now it appears ever reply, i get is calling her "my girfriend" <deleted>

Did you ever get a second-hand phone for your "girfriend"?

Understand?

Made my point exactly...

No matter the results if they point to the 2 Burmese men.... He won't accept that they are accurate

Edited by jdinasia

In the full TIME article re CCTV: but is circumstantial at best.

In the USA, there have been murder convictions based upon circumstantial evidence when the body of the 'murder' victim has never been recovered.

The U.S. Supreme Court has stated that "circumstantial evidence is intrinsically no different from testimonial [direct] evidence" (Holland v. United States, 348 U.S. 121, 75 S. Ct. 127, 99 L. Ed. 150 [1954]). Thus, there is little distinction between direct and circumstantial evidence with regards to admissibility of evidence in trials. However, the quality and quantity of circumstantial evidence may be subject to more challenge of interpretation than direct evidence.

Even the use of DNA analysis might be considered circumstantial evidence as it only indicates a probable attacker iwth mongoloid [asian] features as the island hundreds people fitting that characteristic. The effective use of circumstantial evidence requires a more cummulation of evidence (motive, finger prints, victim's blood on accused's clothing, incriminating or untruthful statements, no alibi, etc.) than direct evidence ("I saw the hoe in the accused's hands hitting the victim").

So once the accussed recanter their confessions, the police report would appear weak with interpretation of possibly faulty circusmtantial evidence and opens the investigation to claims of bias if police can't "repair" their investigation.

And dragging the suspects to reenact the crime in front of the media would mean that a case like like this would have been thrown out by the first district judge that it was presented to.

2 huge fallacies here.

1. That a recanted confession matters. It doesn't.

2. That Thailand's use of reenactments is an issue. It isn't. No jury to taint.

There was a jury there 200 police, 400 locals, Mon making sure all was done as he did on that fateful night and the pancake interpreter who was given a tourist police shirt especially for the cameras..

• Like 2

Lozza

Yet on here people have many theories. They change hourly. The phone... The shorts... Small men could not have done this. The RTA knew or the RTA didn't know.. McKanna did it... He knows who did... ETC etc etc

Although I've read some blatant conspiracy theory nonsense, a lot of the suspicion has not been unreasonable or unfounded.

The defence team are asking for UK forensic assistance in any case.

With the exception of a case being heard, what do you think needs to happen to remove doubt and restore confidence in the case?

Thai Government invite UK Government/police to confirm the evidence. Job done. The PM can do this

international face sorted

International concerns sorted

International recognition sorted

RTP reputation sorted

Public concerns sorted

Tourism concerns sorted...

Justice for the victims families sorted

So the reason for not doing so is ?

Edited by englishoak
  • Like 2

Lozza

Although I've read some blatant conspiracy theory nonsense, a lot of the suspicion has not been unreasonable or unfounded.

With the exception of a case being heard, what do you think needs to happen to remove doubt and restore confidence in the case?

Nothing will restore confidence in this case.

What is left is the trial. I have no problem with the defense getting help from anywhere. I doubt that they will get any official help from the UK government though.

Understand?

Made my point exactly...

No matter the results if they point to the 2 Burmese men.... He won't accept that they are accurate

Well I would accept it as would most others. If the UK confirms the evidence this would no longer be an issue.

Understand?

Made my point exactly...

Well I would accept it as would most others. If the UK confirms the evidence this would no longer be an issue.

I don't think you can speak for most people. I know I can't.

Thai Government invite UK Government/police to confirm the evidence. Job done. The PM can do this

RTP reputation sorted

Public concerns sorted

All be over very very quickly. Not sure the Thai Government understands that engaging with the UK in this way Thailand would actually look good.

Understand?

Made my point exactly...

I don't think you can speak for most people. I know I can't.

Okay, let's have a poll.

RTP reputation sorted

Public concerns sorted

so you figured already that an "independent review" would conclude that all is nicely in order and sorted so that everybody (you forgot the victims...) would be "happy"...??!

an independent review is exactly that: INDEPENDENT, and not a administrative act of rubber stamping and declaring things "sorted" as you do.

And unfortunately, people with your frame of mind, expecting a rubber stamp, would provide the material to be reviewed...

So, and now you want to convince the world that THAT material would be in any way trustworthy?

OMG, your post is SO telling of your twisted sense of "justice"...

Edited by TTom911

Lozza

Nothing will restore confidence in this case.

What is left is the trial. I have no problem with the defense getting help from anywhere. I doubt that they will get any official help from the UK government though.

BS. The UK police will provide anything the lawyers ask that they can help with within the law if asked. Count on it.

The UK have already offered on official levels to Thailand to help. Should Myanmar ask they will again be willing no doubt .

The question here is will Thailand cooperate to put right whats been all wrong since the day the case opened.........and if not , why not ?

Edited by englishoak
  • Like 2

They forgot to mention that there is at least one highly suspect individual who refuses to give a DNA sample (for what reason other than being guilty?) and whom the Thai police continues to overlook

IS THAT THE OWNER OF THE BAR WHO HAS MADE MORE THEN ONE GIRL SIT AND DRINK WITH HIM

Yep

RTP reputation sorted

Public concerns sorted

so you figured already that an "independent review" would conclude that all is nicely in order and sorted so that everybody (you forgot the victims...) would be "happy"...??!

an independent review is exactly that: INDEPENDENT, and not a administrative act of rubber stamping and declaring things "sorted" as you do.

And unfortunately, people with your frame of mind, expecting a rubber stamp, would provide the material to be reviewed...

So, and now you want to convince the world that THAT material would be in any way trustworthy?

LOL

Thanks for that!!!

Proves what I have been saying.

RTP reputation sorted

Public concerns sorted

What planet do you live on ? Before you go shooting your mouth i suggest you read a few threads and familiarise yourself with some posters and what they do and dont think. You son should gets your targets right

That IS independent, I couldnt care less if its the FBI or Japan, none of us could. The UK is just one option but a sound one.

If your trying to say the UK forensics in an international area arnt trustworthy or would be independent and professional then your a pratt

im the second poster youve misunderstood in the past page, dont keep showing yourself up its embarrassing.

You are blocked for wasting my reading time on a putz....

It is standard practice in Thailand for the prosecutors to insist on clearer more defined police reports and to want a better clarification of certain points in the reports. It does not mean that the reports have been rejected.

Also those so-called crucial witnesses that many have made accusations and comments on forums and in the social media, that as yet, not even one of these alleged witnesses has come forward and made any official statements to any authority or national or international news agencies.

The only farcical parts of this investigation are from those who continue to mouth off about how the police have gone about investigating the said case, yet, do not have even one shred of evidence or confirmed witness reports that contradict the police statements, other than hearsay and crackpot theories..

They should either put up or shut up.

No one said the report was rejected nor did anyone suggest that prosecutors should not have to clarify reports-that happens in any country.

How do you know these certain crucial witnesses have not passed on their information and why...t ..f would they contact international news agencies, not much they can do. The media is RPT here.

Mouth off how the police are handling this for god sake the PM began this mouthing his thoughts the murderers were 'low lifes' she had many boyfriends, bikini's, they were doing it on the beach etc etc etc.

The police report has not been released for public consumption so who's contradicting it.

The crackpot theories are all from RTP get your facts straight or shut up.

• Like 1