Thai Women: A raw deal?

geronimo

Most in the NE are lazy...that was told to me by a Thai.

It's surely hundreds of factors all rolled into one relatively (and by no means absolutely) lazy rotee. Generations of living in a relatively non hostile environment plush with food resources probably is one factor. And yes, you can see this kind of behavior all over the planet, even in the first world (if Thai rivers laden with fish and harvests never ravaged by disease in ages has created some sluggish attitudes... you can bet gov't handouts are creating some lazy folks as well), nothing hateful about it.

Another big one, and it's not Thai specific... although I'm sure most folks here can see it everyday, perhaps in people close to them, and perhaps in their own selves... too many people choose to covet, to not delay gratification BEFORE bringing their earning abilities or WORK ETHIC up to speed. So they are not only 'not developing' themselves, they are also bleeding themselves dry at the same time.

:-)

isaan was not flush with food in many villages just a few decades ago

Not Confucian or Ashkenazi Jewish flush (where you take what is superfluous and go into trade)... but Issan flush where there was never any danger of starving, because every other plant is a salad bar item, and there are all kinds of living things all around that are edible... no chance of going hungry even in the far distant future (tomorrow), which they were more than willing to take advantage of and heavily invest this wealth into more time to drink, playing tokraw, strumming guitars, swinging from hammocks, and hanging out.

crap! i know for a fact that many folks I know went to bed hungry as kids. save your thai bashing for the haters.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree totaly with the OP,

I think some are taking the piss, or havnt seen the real thailand,

even in the vilage, all you see are groups of boys sitting about, you never see the girls, they will be helping there mum get things ready for the boys when they decide to come home and the father,

on the market you dont see many boys helping out,( there are the odd ones),

the girls allways want to do better at school,

i agree op i really do

thai women and young girls get a bum deal here,

its a darn good thing thai girls got a raw deal...............lol.

or else they might not be as hospitable to us as they are............lol.

Choochoo:

Enjoy it while it lasts. I live in a small village, and from what I can tell running off to Pattaya is becoming a less and less attractive option to village girls.

Don't get me wrong. I've spent more than my fair share of time in the bars. I'm not in a position to lecture or judge.

I too used to tell myself - - before I knew better - - that it was all good clean fun. I truly believed that there was none of the angst here usually associated with prostitution in the west (drug addiction, child sexual abuse, broken homes, poverty, etc.)

But you seem to be saying that it's OK to knowingly exploit these girls who have limited opportunities.

All I'm asking is, look into your heart. You might be surprised by what you find.

Exploitation you refer too.....where does it start....believe me that it aint coming from the mama sans who run the bar.

Usually it is the most beautiful woman of the family who works in the barscene.....Another poster mentioned easy money, lazyness.....yes.....they are away from the constraints of the village and leading a holidaylife in the touristresorts along the coast.

If anyone is EXPLOITING mammasoons got to be high on the list.

If the beauties of the family are the ones forced to prostitute i really dont want to know whta the ugly siblings look like.....lol. OMG the majority of hookers are not good to look at..................lol.

What fool thinks being a prostitute is a holiday? Just look at the men they service to make $30.

• Like 1

its a darn good thing thai girls got a raw deal...............lol.

or else they might not be as hospitable to us as they are............lol.

Choochoo:

Enjoy it while it lasts. I live in a small village, and from what I can tell running off to Pattaya is becoming a less and less attractive option to village girls.

Don't get me wrong. I've spent more than my fair share of time in the bars. I'm not in a position to lecture or judge.

I too used to tell myself - - before I knew better - - that it was all good clean fun. I truly believed that there was none of the angst here usually associated with prostitution in the west (drug addiction, child sexual abuse, broken homes, poverty, etc.)

But you seem to be saying that it's OK to knowingly exploit these girls who have limited opportunities.

All I'm asking is, look into your heart. You might be surprised by what you find.

Exploitation you refer too.....where does it start....believe me that it aint coming from the mama sans who run the bar.

Usually it is the most beautiful woman of the family who works in the barscene.....Another poster mentioned easy money, lazyness.....yes.....they are away from the constraints of the village and leading a holidaylife in the touristresorts along the coast.

If the beauties of the family are the ones forced to prostitute i really dont want to know whta the ugly siblings look like.....lol. OMG the majority of hookers are not good to look at..................lol.

What fool thinks being a prostitute is a holiday? Just look at the men they service to make $30.

There is not one man here who is competent to discuss this issue. You would need a panel of Thai women from various segments of society to even begin to scratch the surface of a intelligent discussion. You would also have to leave out any Western women and any Thai women who have had contact with an NGO for any length of time.

What you fellas are doing is like a group of nuns discussing the finer points of jock straps.

Edited by thailiketoo

It's surely hundreds of factors all rolled into one relatively (and by no means absolutely) lazy rotee. Generations of living in a relatively non hostile environment plush with food resources probably is one factor. And yes, you can see this kind of behavior all over the planet, even in the first world (if Thai rivers laden with fish and harvests never ravaged by disease in ages has created some sluggish attitudes... you can bet gov't handouts are creating some lazy folks as well), nothing hateful about it.

Another big one, and it's not Thai specific... although I'm sure most folks here can see it everyday, perhaps in people close to them, and perhaps in their own selves... too many people choose to covet, to not delay gratification BEFORE bringing their earning abilities or WORK ETHIC up to speed. So they are not only 'not developing' themselves, they are also bleeding themselves dry at the same time.

Not Confucian or Ashkenazi Jewish flush (where you take what is superfluous and go into trade)... but Issan flush where there was never any danger of starving, because every other plant is a salad bar item, and there are all kinds of living things all around that are edible... no chance of going hungry even in the far distant future (tomorrow), which they were more than willing to take advantage of and heavily invest this wealth into more time to drink, playing tokraw, strumming guitars, swinging from hammocks, and hanging out.

crap! i know for a fact that many folks I know went to bed hungry as kids. save your thai bashing for the haters.

My Thai work colleagues will disagree with you on this point. Rightly or wrongly , the Thai ability to find basic resources e .g food , plus other factors such as religion is a contributing factor.

Thailand is not sub Saharan Africa, but I am am sure there was some hunger but not on the scale you are implying.

My Thai work colleagues will disagree with you on this point. Rightly or wrongly , the Thai ability to find basic resources e .g food , plus other factors such as religion is a contributing factor.

Thailand is not sub Saharan Africa, but I am am sure there was some hunger but not on the scale you are implying.

i dont need your friends anecdotes. I know what my family went thru

I have great appreciation for women, not only because I grew up with three sisters and if I did not thy would beat the crap out of me laugh.png but I too have observed some of the same things the OP describes.

Women are the backbone of Thailand,

but not only Thailand , all over the world. and they are soft to touch and smell nice toobiggrin.png

If some one could send my sisters a link to this post I would appreciate itsmile.png

• 2 weeks later...

My wifes 19 year old son has a problem standing up, he just about manages to get down the stairs to get to the trough, after that trauma the sofa is only about 10 yards away, after that, it's the long haul back up the stairs to try and reach a bed......sad.png

just help him when hes on the top step, use your footwhistling.gif

My wifes 19 year old son has a problem standing up, he just about manages to get down the stairs to get to the trough, after that trauma the sofa is only about 10 yards away, after that, it's the long haul back up the stairs to try and reach a bed......sad.png

just help him when hes on the top step, use your footwhistling.gif

Did you not notice this before you got married? Looks like a red flag to,me. I Assume he's not your son. Best thing to do,is be super nice to him, then when she's out lay down the law and if he winged deny you said anything. If he's taking the piss you need to as well

I'd say around 80% of the indigenous Thais have work ethic issues...(lack of), and that's males and females included. The women might have a few points in their favor... say if 5 on a scale of 10 is generally lazy, with most men scoring about a 5 and women a 5.5... mostly because of a stronger instinctual drive not to let their children starve. It's kind of like Mexico. It's a wonderful place to be if you're not lazy though. It's like being able to go back in time and play little league baseball as an adult.

I am impressed by the precise Numbers 80% 5 and 5.5, why not 80.01% 4.99 and 5.47. How did you come up with these numbers?

Why don't bar girls want other jobs ? Yes its about the money, but ost don't know what jobs are available especially skilled jobs that need training. Educating women in this country is maybe the single most important way for Thailand to achieve a better distribution of wealth

Hugh Grant, Tiger Woods, Eddie Murphy. Wayne Rooney. I must admit Rooney is not my cup of tea but he'd do in a pinch.

http://www.ranker.com/list/celebrities-who-have-been-caught-with-hookers-v1/greg?format=SLIDESHOW&page=26

Edited by thailiketoo

I know I've gotten lazier around the house since I've been here. I can't even finish a beer before she's got another one for me. She's actually gotten mad(sorta) when I washed my own dishes while she was out.

Had same problem with my first Thai girlfriend. She would get mad if she saw me doing any housework. It was one of the biggest reasons why I left.

Almost all the Thai wifes married to farangs I know work hard from morning to night. Mine seems to never stop. I have to keep an eye on her to see if she needs help with something as. she will never ask.

Mine just lies on her arse watching TV all day

• Like 1

Why don't bar girls want other jobs ? Yes its about the money, but ost don't know what jobs are available especially skilled jobs that need training. Educating women in this country is maybe the single most important way for Thailand to achieve a better distribution of wealth

You sound as if you don't know a lot about Thailand. Bar girls are not about money, its about living. How do you get a skilled job with out a good education,The Thai Education system is not that good, Unless you have money, and go private. Thailand don't want educated women, sadly their place in Thai Society is just above the street dog, and another sad fact is many sad men exploit them, and convince themselves they are helping these bar girls. But in reality they are sex Tourists in per suite of there own gratification, which many cannot do in there own Country.

You sound as if you don't know a lot about Thailand. Bar girls are not about money, its about living. How do you get a skilled job with out a good education,The Thai Education system is not that good, Unless you have money, and go private. Thailand don't want educated women, sadly their place in Thai Society is just above the street dog, and another sad fact is many sad men exploit them, and convince themselves they are helping these bar girls. But in reality they are sex Tourists in per suite of there own gratification, which many cannot do in there own Country.

Actually you sound as if you don't know a lot about Thailand. Roughly 150,000 Thai women graduate from college every year. Some of those get cell phones and motor scooters by working a bit on the side. 90% of Thai prostitution is not for sex tourists and Farang would not be allowed entry in most of the establishments in Thailand. Since unemployment is 1% or less in Thailand the conclusion must be the ladies do it for money or because they like the work.

I'd say around 80% of the indigenous Thais have work ethic issues...(lack of), and that's males and females included. The women might have a few points in their favor... say if 5 on a scale of 10 is generally lazy, with most men scoring about a 5 and women a 5.5... mostly because of a stronger instinctual drive not to let their children starve. It's kind of like Mexico. It's a wonderful place to be if you're not lazy though. It's like being able to go back in time and play little league baseball as an adult.

I am impressed by the precise Numbers 80% 5 and 5.5, why not 80.01% 4.99 and 5.47. How did you come up with these numbers?

It's an add-on for the localized version of QuickBooks.

I have no problems with what people do with their lives.

i have no problems with bar girls being bar girls,

I have no problem with the men using their services,

but dont for a second expect me to give them sympathy or respect for what they do,

everyone makes their own decisions in life (well for the most part), some go down the bar girl route, some go down the office job route

What are you suggesting in regard to the video? Please don't suggest Mary was a reformed prostitute, you are not that stupid.

Actually you sound as if you don't know a lot about Thailand. Roughly 150,000 Thai women graduate from college every year. Some of those get cell phones and motor scooters by working a bit on the side. 90% of Thai prostitution is not for sex tourists and Farang would not be allowed entry in most of the establishments in Thailand. Since unemployment is 1% or less in Thailand the conclusion must be the ladies do it for money or because they like the work.

what a load of <deleted>, they like the work.

what a load of <deleted>, they like the work.

I like uneducated Thai farm girls but they are not great actresses. Day after day and night after night they can't stay in a character that is not real. I lost count of how many bars I have visited in Thailand after the first thousand or so. They are happy. Not all to be sure but most. Now why would they be happy if they didn't like the work? Have you ever planted rice or taken a German out for beer and schnitzel? Check the passports. Switzerland and France and Italy and Macao and Singapore for the poor undedicated Thai farm girl. The ladies that don't enjoy the work get in and out quick. The ladies that like the work stay a while some many years till they find the Farang that makes the dreams of a house and car and....... come true.

• Like 2

What are you suggesting in regard to the video? Please don't suggest Mary was a reformed prostitute, you are not that stupid.

It is almost universally agreed today that characterizations of Mary Magdalene in Western Christianity as a repentant prostitute or loose woman are unfounded.

I agree with your assertion of the western Christian theme, it was never anybody else's' in the first place, but why the reason of the video?

A thread on the ease of prostitution, and a song in regard to the 'Magdalene', which could be interpreted by some, because of the long standing belief of her prior life by certain groupings.

I am only asking for a reason, perhaps you meant nothing by it, but it seems strange to me why you did it, except to infer a long standing belief in western culture to undermine the strong female characters that have undermined the masculinity of man in western culture.

You haven't answered my question.

p

I guess that's why Thailand has 1% unemployment and Ford, GM and Honda are all hiring right now.

I posit the very low unemployment figures are down to 3 or more people doing a one-man job. Also, guessing the hundreds of thousands of monks that don't really contribute much to the economy are not classed as unemployed.

p

I guess that's why Thailand has 1% unemployment and Ford, GM and Honda are all hiring right now.

I posit the very low unemployment figures are down to 3 or more people doing a one-man job. Also, guessing the hundreds of thousands of monks that don't really contribute much to the economy are not classed as unemployed.

Dont worry, he will prove you wrong with his statistics.

p

Because you know nothing about Thailand or economics is obvious. Would you say that a psychiatrist in the West makes no contribution to society? You lay on a couch and tell him stuff he listens nodding his head saying little and collects $200 dollars an hour. Monks do the same thing and give you incense and a little charm at the end and charge a lot less and only eat once a day.