Insane water bill last month

Metapod

I'm still trying to wrap my head around this.

My condo is a fairly small studio in Bangkok. I live alone and don't use a whole lot of water. My average monthly blll ranges between 150-400 baht.

Last month I got my water bill and had to pick my jaw off the floor when I saw the amount. Over 4000 baht.

How the hell can my bill go from 400 baht to 4000? My usage was the same as any other month.

It said I was paying 150 baht a unit, when most bills say I pay 18 baht a unit???????????

Can anyone make sense of this for me.

Had this happen to me cause ballcock not seating properly in toilet system and naturally continuous system refill and overflowing into toilet unnoticed,maybe time to check if the same is happening with yours,if no noticeable water on bathroom floor. got odd job man to replace cost me 300bt thats with him going to hardware store and purchase new ballcock and fitting.

Increased usage = higher cubic metre costs but could be a typo on their part so check this out after initial investigation.

Edited by Brit_Doggie

Had this happen to me cause ballcock not seating properly in toilet system and naturally continuous system refill and overflowing into toilet unnoticed,maybe time to check if the same is happening with yours,if no noticeable water on bathroom floor. got odd job man to replace cost me 300bt thats with him going to hardware store and purchase new ballcock and fitting.

Increased usage = higher cubic metre costs but could be a typo on their part so check this out after initial investigation.

I can't see anything leaking or running. No water on floor or anything. The amount of units used wasn't much higher than a typical month. The main thing was the amount charged per unit. Usually it is 18-35 baht but all the units were charged at 150 baht for that particular month.

I have all my previous bills from last year showing I only use 150-400 each month.

Trying to figure out how to go about rectifying this. Whether I sort it out with my landlord, the condo juristic office where I pay my bill, or the water company itself.