Haven't seen prices this low in years

yankee99

Thai Airways fairs from Europe so high as never before;

In begiining september Fra - Bkk A380 - Businessclass : 20 passangers on about 60-80 seats occupied;

Tourist class - about 305 occupation, and this even they reduced flight numbers !!

sorry 30% !!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was hoping the OP referred to airfares OUT OF BKK! But these fares are still substantially higher to for instance Europe than from Europe to BKK. Dont know why but there seems a difference of 25% and more (from BKK to Europe than viceversa. Don't quite understand why...

• Like 1

Would be more enlighting if you posted the usa to bangkok fairswhistling.gif

The flite quoted was from New York City to Bangkok so as last I heard NYC is in USA. I booked flite for friend Boston, MA to BKK Jan 31st 2015 to March 3rd 2015 price $996 Have seen even lower flites since he paid , my thoughts jet fuel prices are coming down. And its best to check many travel engines the airline sites are usually more expensive. Try Expedia, Travelocity, Smartfares.com, Smartertravel.com ect Also try different times of day and different days of week both for checking flites and different days you want to fly.

Edited by Tony125

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I saw a fare on there for $338 JFK one way to BKK recently. Thought it was a technical glitch but I guess it wasn't. Wow is that a steal or what? alt=thumbsup.gif>

thats ridiculously cheap.. I fly out of JFK when leaving the States, once i got $530 one way to BKK, which i thought was a steal

The flite quoted was from New York City to Bangkok so as last I heard NYC is in USA. I booked flite for friend Boston, MA to BKK Jan 31st 2015 to March 3rd 2015 price $996 Have seen even lower flites since he paid , my thoughts jet fuel prices are coming down. And its best to check many travel engines the airline sites are usually more expensive. Try Expedia, Travelocity, Smartfares.com, Smartertravel.com ect Also try different times of day and different days of week both for checking flites and different days you want to fly.

I really can't understand why 'educated' people can't spell, it gives me the shits when I see things like flite for flight and fairs for fares. There's even a spell checker on TV, are people lazy or what?

• Like 2

I really can't understand why 'educated' people can't spell, it gives me the shits when I see things like flite for flight and fairs for fares. There's even a spell checker on TV, are people lazy or what?

It gives me the shits when people come on here to play the spelling police, and George gone be happy to hear that someone added a spell checker free of charge to the Thaivisa forum.

• Like 1

Was hoping the OP referred to airfares OUT OF BKK! But these fares are still substantially higher to for instance Europe than from Europe to BKK. Dont know why but there seems a difference of 25% and more (from BKK to Europe than viceversa. Don't quite understand why...

Yeap. Yield management. It all depends on the outbound market. In short: "Take as much as you can get". Most Thais have no chance to fly internationally anyway. The few ones that can are very rich and then there is a group with sponsers.

Further more prices Thailand-Europe are going up pretty much. Used to pay for BKK-CMB-FRA v.v. on SriLankan Business 59xxx THB. Next year up to 82xxx.

What a bummer.

"This signals a serious fall off in travel to Thailand IMHO"

Let's hope so.

Why ?

Why?

Because mass tourism is a disaster for any country.

That's why.

I have to agree. When I was a kid my family used to go to Phuket and Pattaya quite a lot in the mid 80's both and I remember both places being wonderful.

Now despite living in Bangkok for 6 years I've only been to Pattaya for one night (paid for by a girlfriend) and Phuket to spend Christmas with my sister and her family as they had rented a huge luxury villa for us to stay in.

What spoiled both places? The cost of air travel dropping to the point where anyone could do it.

That is one of the funniest things I've read all day.

I wouldn't fly anywhere right now. You never know where your fellow passengers have been (Africa). I'll stick to my motorcycle for travel for a while.biggrin.png

Sneezes travel at about 100 miles per hour," says Patti Wood, author of Success Signals: Understanding Body Language. She adds that a single sneeze can send 100,000 germs into the air.

I wonder if the Ebola issue will cut into worldwide travel?

Sooner some brain trust will figure out the disease is airborne when you sneeze and enact protocols to cover airborne disease but until that time the thing will spread like wildfire.

We don't have to worry about Ebola as Thailand has found a cure laugh.png

You take life too seriously, there's so much more important issues to burn calories on

Maybe the cost of oil declining but no way could it affect fares this fast. This signals a serious fall off in travel to thailand IMHO.

20141012_190745.jpg

They're no cheaper from the UK - infact up on last year so I'm afraid your theory is flawed

yup, my flight this year is around 300 quid more than last year, however a mate who also flys with that airline has just got a ticket for 200 quid less than me.......i must have been unlucky this time.

You take life too seriously, there's so much more important issues to burn calories on

I don't know if it has anything to do with education. I suspect not. My shrink told me spelling the grammar and spelling police were toilet trained too early. Sorry for the off topic trip more of advice for parents actually. Let the kids alone.

Edited by thailiketoo

I wouldn't fly anywhere right now. You never know where your fellow passengers have been (Africa). I'll stick to my motorcycle for travel for a while.biggrin.png

Sneezes travel at about 100 miles per hour," says Patti Wood, author of Success Signals: Understanding Body Language. She adds that a single sneeze can send 100,000 germs into the air.

I'd say the distance they travel would be at least equally important as the speed they travel at. Possibly they could travel at 100 miles an hour for 2 feet......just surmising.

But bad spelling is in itself a sign of the writer not being "educated". [often, a spell checker is of little use, since it can't distinguish between (say) "bear" and "bare" or "here" and "hear" etc etc]

I got Melbourne - CNX - SYD for $A854 departing mid November, with a stopover allowed in BKK. This was on Thai, through their website. I accessed this fare under "special offers." Just going throughout the Thai Airways home page engine would have got the "normal" fare which is about $300 more, for the same (W) fare bucket. Seat availability seemed good on any flight combination, too.

I also checked the price I paid against Air Aisa, who had a basic (no bags, no food, random seat) fare for $200 more than what I paid, and who don't offer the same assurance with transfers in their KL hub - arrive there on a late inbound flight and see how they treat you when you miss your supposed "fly-through" connection!

Edited by dundas

That is one of the funniest things I've read all day.

Don't you mean funnest? whistling.gif

Yeap. Yield management. It all depends on the outbound market. In short: "Take as much as you can get". Most Thais have no chance to fly internationally anyway. The few ones that can are very rich and then there is a group with sponsers.

Further more prices Thailand-Europe are going up pretty much. Used to pay for BKK-CMB-FRA v.v. on SriLankan Business 59xxx THB. Next year up to 82xxx.

What a bummer.

Most Thais have no chance to fly internationally anyway. The few ones that can are very rich and then there is a group with sponsers.

Interesting point. Is this because it is difficult to obtain a tourist visa for a Thai who wants to visit say , the UK ? My g/f immaculate visa application was rejected for petty reasons and so we had

to cancel our travel plans . Do travel agencies offer a visa service ?

Also the advertised air fares are nearly always quoted as " £ from " and the price on enquiry when you call them is much higher . The reason given is that the low cost fares are the first 20% of

the flight tickets sold , then the fare price increases in increments right up to the last handful . The good old days of standby tickets have vanished and if you wish to travel at very short notice

you will pay a premium with most airlines . However when searching the net for a last minute flight I have found that there are sometimes 2 or 3 airlines that are half the price of the majority

and recently could have flown one way to the UK for 12000 baht . ( I think it was Finn Air )

It seems to me that a lot depends on the airline. I was checking into return flights from Bangkok to Scotland recently. BA and Etihad both came in at around £2,000 for a return flight to Edinburgh business class or around £400 cheaper than I paid last year with Lufthansa. By comparison, Emirates are quoting around £3,000 for a return flight to Glasgow.

Alan

What a bummer.

Most Thais have no chance to fly internationally anyway. The few ones that can are very rich and then there is a group with sponsers.

Interesting point. Is this because it is difficult to obtain a tourist visa for a Thai who wants to visit say , the UK ? My g/f immaculate visa application was rejected for petty reasons and so we had

to cancel our travel plans . Do travel agencies offer a visa service ?

Also the advertised air fares are nearly always quoted as " £ from " and the price on enquiry when you call them is much higher . The reason given is that the low cost fares are the first 20% of

the flight tickets sold , then the fare price increases in increments right up to the last handful . The good old days of standby tickets have vanished and if you wish to travel at very short notice

you will pay a premium with most airlines . However when searching the net for a last minute flight I have found that there are sometimes 2 or 3 airlines that are half the price of the majority

and recently could have flown one way to the UK for 12000 baht . ( I think it was Finn Air )

There are a lot of threads on this subject (of bringing a gf to Europe or N America).

There is extreme prejudice against allowing unmarried YOUNG Thai women into those areas. Basically you have to be either married or able to prove common law if you want to get your sweetheart into UK etc etc. It also helps if she is "old" (well over 35, say).

And if she has a government job (teacher, nurse, civil servant etc), that should help.

Having 500k baht in the bank would also do no harm (but not if it was deposited by bf only 'yesterday'.)