Online Business Ideas

aaaaa, Not everyone is a hard worker. Lot of people talk but can't do. I'm one of them. It's true that a lot of the ideas we think up have already been thought of but not all. Everyone thinks that we are at the top of the hill in terms of new things then shortly something amazing like the Internet comes out. Who knows what's next. I can say that my life could be better. I don't know in what way but it could be better. Someone will create something that we will find hard to live without. I sure would like to release a plastic ring that I call the 'King Ring' right now. It's got a catchy name and would be popular with those who wish to pay tribute to the king. It's an alternative to the bracelet. Of course, some of the profit would have to go to charity. I wonder if it already on the production line. Anyways, I'm one who can't do so get with it.

If anyone is going down to the Mobile show on the 7th and would like to meet up with me, PM me and I'll give you my number. It would be nice to meet some people on this forum and you never know, could open up some business opportunities.

Edited by listenup

• 5 weeks later...

funny.. there are a couple of web versions of this topic. Flucid and Startup.com

I suppose...

93% keep the best ideas to themselves and never do anything about it

6% do something about it, and fail without working hard enough

.05% actually do something about their ideas, and try try try until they succeed

.02% keel over and die before anything else

funny.. there are a couple of web versions of this topic. Flucid and Startup.com

I suppose...

.05% actually do something about their ideas, and try try try until they succeed

And... 0.93%? :o BTW: What does "keel over" mean?

Edited by ~G~

I suppose...

And... 0.93%? :o BTW: What does "keel over" mean?

Roget from Paris says, "...to suffer temporary lack of consciousness"

but the dead part makes it permanent.

The other 0.93 are abducted by aliens from the north of Thailand and never heard from again

Anyone has another idea to add?

What about selling beach sand? I've heard about it yesterday on ebay..

How much could cost 100 grams of Phuket sand?

Rich and bored people could like to cover their swimming pool borders with these amazing sand...

And selling coconuts? I've never seen them in the western countries...

Inspired by listenup who wrote an excellent piece about starting an online business i think a topic to collect some online business ideas would be nice.

I start off with an idea i am playing with. I will not have the time to do it anyway so maybe someone can use it, be inspired by it or modify it heavily to make it pay off.

It starts with a need. And the personal ones are the easiest to start with.

When we lived in the Netherlands we would like to buy some Thai DVD's or VCD's.

Especially the ones that have thai subscription and an english soundtrack. In many movies the rapid speech is too fast for my wife or too soft to hear clearly. Being able to watch a movie together is nice. Buying these DVD's is impossible in the Netherlands. I imagine, and this has to be researched, it is also hard in other countries.

Selling vcds/dvds/cds from Thailand is nothing new. There are a few websites already doing it. But if i may say, they are still in the dark ages!

With the dark ages i mean, they still think in physical cds and mail. The postage can be de deal 'killer'. You don't want to pay 8 dollars postage for a 3 dollar cd. And many times you just want to have one and not be pushed to buy more becuase of the postage.

For dvds the balance is a little bit better around 10 dollar for the dvd and 8 dollr postage. Still you have to consider the time it takes and the changes that it will get lost or damaged.

I think this part wil make it special and interesting for buyers. Inspired (or is it called copied!) by Apple. :o

Unlike all the other websites that sell Thai mulitmedia you not send the item to the customers address but you provide a link where they can download it. This will save the postage which can be considerable and the customer has its product very fast.

Of course this requires a good location for the server and be sure to have one with an unlimited datalimit and a good bandwith connection. Best is to have a few that will be closer to the actual customers. But for starters you can simple use one computer with a few 100 gigabyte storage. Not so difficult anymore. There are many ecommerce packages available even for free, so setting it up can be doen quickly. And as listenup pointed out, don't learn how to build a website, it is really a waste of time. Start promoting and selling! Why not put a banner on this website and on Stickmans. You will have a large number of people seeing it.

Another obstacle would be that what you are doing is illegal. To solve that and again that has to be researched is that you actually buy the real item for each sale and give it an unique identification. Match that with a download code and the link is traceable. You only have to transfer disc to divx, mp3 or other format you choose, but to stay legal you have to buy a cd for every single one of them that is sold. I press this point one more time. Be sure that this is legal! (I know the law in the Netherlands allows you to make 1 personal copy as a backup. I thinkthis can be treated the same)

The profit will be the margin you will get when you buy wholesale, and you can add some profit because there is no postage.

It will be a lot of work in the beginning, maybe you already have a library of music,karaoke and movies to start with, thats great. In time the work will get less and less. At some point it can be highly automated. You will only need to take care of the real physical discs. You have to buy them and store them.

Ones a customer has bought a few items you can offer to send it combined with mail. Then the customer has the originals and save on postage. Other option is to have the customer pick it up when they are in Thailand. Close to the airport or a storage there would be convenient.

I would like this topic to be one with ideas only and not one that will deeply analyse each idea.

Anyone has another idea to add?

How about a betting site ? soccer betting site, i got a friend osting the website in usa but having his operation in one f the southeast asia country. good money but there is some risk involve.