Woman killed when her car fell from Don Muang Tollway

webfact

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the channel 3 news footage there was quite clear skidmarks so she had tried to brake but too late, and yes, at the time the red and white concrete barriers were very close to the end of the road, they were moving them back a bit when it was on the 3 news.

RIP is about that can be said as far as anything getting done nope. Maybe after the REDBULL heir Drives off it and hits YINGLUCK maybe then.

Why the reference to Yingluck? I m sure most posters, knowing the Red Bull heir's tale of woe, would not miss a moment's sleep if he did manage to fly a new Ferrari off the tollway, but what's the crude reference to Yingluck got to do with anything and I am no fan of the lady but c'mon, really? Do you wish her dead? Maybe take your head out of the bag and see reality.

On the channel 3 news footage there was quite clear skidmarks so she had tried to brake but too late, and yes, at the time the red and white concrete barriers were very close to the end of the road, they were moving them back a bit when it was on the 3 news.

If that is true and I have seen this junction 100s of times I hope someone gets sued for incompetence. If she was on the brakes, there should be enough distance to slow from 100 kmh.

Even sadder.

pity there exists no forethought in Thainess thinking - they can only rely upon some fall-back to the power of hindsight

Sadly, I have to agree. Forethought does not seem to part of the Thai psyche.

Where I live ( no tourists ) they allowed houses to be built right up to the road edge in the days of motorbikes. Now that many have cars, the congestion is terrible, and no way to widen the road without demolishing hundreds of houses.

Still happening, as they just approved a new 7/11 right next to the road- nowhere for cars/ delivery trucks to park except blocking traffic. Even motorbikes are parked in the road.

How is it even possible to drive trough all the signs and barriers where they still not have finished the tollway?

Here is a link to googlemap where it happened, picture of the "end of the road".

https://www.google.co.th/maps/@14.0062975,100.6152002,3a,75y,173.51h,86.85t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sk_CSN1rKAGZD-j7u0jXrKw!2e0?hl=en

Edited by bander

How is it even possible to drive trough all the signs and barriers where they still not have finished the tollway?

This lady achieved it, unfortunately!

It should not have happened at all, with proper planning by the roading contractor or authorities.

Edited by lvr181

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYEAcgHltL8#t=1217Airborne

Thai PBS has this vid which explains what happened - i went looking on the way home from work and could not see anything from someone driving from downtown to be able to do this - but there did used to be an opening in the cement dividers that you could stop and turn into - but it appears she was coming up the onramp TOWARDS bangkok and there was an opening in the cement wall which she drove thru thenturned right to carry on out the end of thetollway and right down onto Viphawadee below.... yikes - anyway - it's pretty much all there in the vid and with a graphic clip of what happened...still pretty hard to believe but there it is i never saw this opening in the cement as alwasy stepping on the gas getting up the ramp to head to downtown and not looking for a turn into the all but closed off tollway - but there was an opening on both sides it seems and yes you could drive in there and then drive off the end...