Dogs keep barking

Neighbour's dogs...

The next door neighbour has 3 dogs, they bark at anything moving, cars,

people, cats, other dogs,ETC day and night...

These neighbours dont seem to understand that it might bother others.

So my question is this:

<< Is there any gadgets, electronic devices, any solutions, etc that will keep the dogs quiet ?>>

Thanks. in advance.

Just a warning straight up, as I know exactly where the comments go with this subject:

Any posts advocating violence, harm or death to animals or people will earn an instant holiday. If you haven't got a serious or constructive reply to this one, head elsewhere

• Like 1

Either get used to it or move are basically the only options open to you. Sorry but that's about it I'm afraid

That's about correct. Our cross-the-street neighbor has two houses in the area. They keep three dogs in the house across from us. When the housekeeper comes to clean the house, or when the neighbors show up for a few hours on the weekend, the dogs are quiet. The rest of the time, they bark incessantly. My wife made a discreet query to a police captain friend as to our options, and he told us that there is basically nothing we can do.

If you don't have a dog or cat yourself, you might try an electric dog whistle. There are even free Android apps that will make your phone into a dog whistle (though your phone's speaker probably won't be good enough to do this, so you would need to hook it up to a good external speaker).

I don't know if these work, so let us know the results if you try it!

If you don't have a dog or cat yourself, you might try an electric dog whistle. There are even free Android apps that will make your phone into a dog whistle (though your phone's speaker probably won't be good enough to do this, so you would need to hook it up to a good external speaker).

I don't know if these work, so let us know the results if you try it!

you might get the dogs attention with it.....but I doubt they will stop barking.

I've been here a very long time and I still haven't found the secret to getting the neighbours to stop their dogs barking. Speaking Thai, being overly polite, trying to make them see your side invariably nothing works.

For dogs not to bark, they need training from an early age and it's hard work, needs consistency. Most Thai's don't seem to have the time or patience for training and actually don't mind if dogs bark. Somehow they seem to be able to tune them out. One things for sure if you get confrontational or try anything and get caught, you will probably regret it very much.

If it really bothers you then consider moving, though you can move to a quiet area only to find that the lady next door buys a couple of dogs the day after you move in.sad.png

• Like 2

Probably food and attention will keep the dogs quiet.

I always like your comments (and your avatar, but that's our secret), but this time you are out of reality.

Please come to where I live in Issan (preferably when my wife is not there) and listen to the dogs barking and hawling all day and night.

Every neighbour of mine owes 3 or 4 dogs, calculate x 15 houses in my soi, this is about 50 dogs roaming free all day and night on the soi.

Any motorcycle that happens to pass by is being chased.

Any person that dares to walk through is being attacked.

For the name of Buddha, what attention, can I give to these dogs?

How many am I going to feed? and does that shut them up?

Nooooooooo

Anyway, always your fan........don't mean the Thai translation of fan.

Edited by Costas2008

I've been here a very long time and I still haven't found the secret to getting the neighbours to stop their dogs barking. Speaking Thai, being overly polite, trying to make them see your side invariably nothing works.

For dogs not to bark, they need training from an early age and it's hard work, needs consistency. Most Thai's don't seem to have the time or patience for training and actually don't mind if dogs bark. Somehow they seem to be able to tune them out. One things for sure if you get confrontational or try anything and get caught, you will probably regret it very much.

If it really bothers you then consider moving, though you can move to a quiet area only to find that the lady next door buys a couple of dogs the day after you move in.sad.png

That's been my experience too... "nothing works."

But that doesn't keep me from reading the threads and hoping someone will come up with a good idea.

As often mentioned, most Thais don't seem to be bothered by dogs barking.

Those kept as watchdogs won't be quieted under any circumstances, for fear they won't bark if kamoys come.

• Like 2

It also happens (or used to happen) in England that dogs bark all night.

I remember every time I visited my grandmother in the village where she lived that there were many dogs on her street and they barked constantly.

The only difference between that and Thailand is that at night in England the streets were quiet so no dogs barked. Here people run around all night long.

We live at the end of a closed soi but people come rummaging around the dustbins all night long. Pubs, not far from here, are open until God knows when and the customers love to park their cars outside our houses, waking up all the dogs around here.

I feel your pain have got the next door neighbours condo block of 10 dogs all but 2 kept in small cages 24 hours a day just to make noise going off every 5 minutes. Trailer trash tax dodgers sitting on their backsides doing nothing. Quite smiply these kind of people will not do anything until they are either scared or lose face in front of other thais.

Woken up by them 4 times last night and have a headache most days because of them.

They only do omething when i've had a loud word or as in a couple of days ago completly blanked them when another of the local idiots came to gawp at the farang. She lost major face and has told the dogs to shut up hut of course this lasts a day or 2 and then its back to the usual selfish self.

The other sides dog would screech at us everytime we came home last week they trained it sin aday after getting the hint i wasnt putting up with it anymore. 8 months and they finally did something.

It also happens (or used to happen) in England that dogs bark all night.

I remember every time I visited my grandmother in the village where she lived that there were many dogs on her street and they barked constantly.

The only difference between that and Thailand is that at night in England the streets were quiet so no dogs barked. Here people run around all night long.

We live at the end of a closed soi but people come rummaging around the dustbins all night long. Pubs, not far from here, are open until God knows when and the customers love to park their cars outside our houses, waking up all the dogs around here.

The only difference ?

No that would be council workers actually doing their jobs and ASBO, prosecution, fines and banning orders.

They bark at anything that moves, Not much you can do about that. If they barked only at you from next door when you were outside, that's a different story. Then it would be time to make friends with the neighbors and then the dogs.

Here they are running amok barking at anything and you just get the noise.

My last hope for you is to move to the US. smile.png You would have a leash law (keep your dogs confined or on a leash) and officials who would cite the owners with a nice fine for the noise, and even take the dogs and euthanize them if they didn't get them under control.

But you aren't in a truly civilized country and you don't have the doctrine that "Your right to make noise ends where my ears begin" so maybe buy some earplugs.

did these no good thai dog owners,,sorry i forgot trailor trash tax dogers, as you class them,,,

did they get these no good barking dogs after you moved in ? just to anoy you,?

or was they there when you went and looked at you house,?

dont tell me you didnt go round at different times to see what was going on,,,,,,,,

silly billy,,, stupid falang,,,

The only answer to dogs that I know of is to move to a high floor condo. I certainly never hear dogs from mine, but everywhere else I have ever been in Thailand always seems to have them, and they always seem to be barking for no reason.

• Like 1

As mentioned the elec dog whistle can have some success, but you need to trial and error as different dogs are sensitive to different frequencies. You'll also need to hook your laptop or phone up to an amp and to a horn speaker. Only fire it up when they bark but it would take time to condition them.

You could always move, but where to, this problem is all-pervasive.

did these no good thai dog owners,,sorry i forgot trailor trash tax dogers, as you class them,,,

dont tell me you didnt go round at different times to see what was going on,,,,,,,,

My wifes uncle built the estate over 20 years ago.

clap2.gif

clap2.gif

did he also MAKE you live there,?

or is that just a way to tell me your wifes family have money? hi so and all that,,

clap2.gif

did he also MAKE you live there,?

or is that just a way to tell me your wifes family have money? hi so and all that,,

What planet are you on ?

In the moo bahn where I live, a guy has taken to exercising between midnight and 1am.

Don't know the reason, don't really care

Of course as he goes around the dogs start barking.

Would people on here say it's bad practice from him, or the dogs fault for barking?

I spoke to a couple of Thai's and they wouldn't say it's either.

They say he has the right to walk around the moo bahn any time he likes

And they say the dogs are just doing their duty by barking

Does it bother them? No one I spoke to said it did, so no point in stressing over it.

Thankfully the foreign news programs at midnight are a good catch up.

When I was 23 back in the States, a neighbor's dog would walk around every night and knock over everyone's garbage cans and help himself to everything. One afternoon I saw him go into the backyard of a neighbor on vacation. I cunningly slipped over to the house and shut the gate, locking him inside the back yard. LOL, that was fun. Every day until the neighbors came back from vacation, I saw the dog owners drive by in their car looking for their dog. I wish I could have been the fly on the wall when the two home owners asked how the dog was in the backyard.