visa extension , new passport, exit permit which order?

I need to apply for a year extension to my initial 3 month non 'o' visa which expires at the beginning of December, however I plan to leave the country for a few days later this month. so I will need an exit permit or what ever they are called so I dont lose my current visa. . My passport is also dangerously close to being full once again currently only 2 pages left so I was planning to visit the Embassy whilst travelling through BKK. ( as i live phuket it will save a further trip later ) and get a new passport. which i believe takes some time.

I am confused as to which order I should do things as I not sure how long it takes to apply for a new passport and how it works with transferring visas from one to another. is it a simple thing, taking the 2 passports to immigration or is there more to it?

1.how long will it take to get a new passport

2 how long does it take to get a visa extension? do I have to submit my passport or is it just apply same day, turnaround? how much time should I allow for this process?

3. how to go about transferring visas from one book to another or is it easier to get them directly into a new passport??? Is my old passport valid while I wait for the new one or do they mark it obsolete?

1. Which country

2. You will get back your passport on the same day. But whether you will have you extension stamp done will depend upon what it is for.

3. Visas are not transferred. Only extensions of stay and re-entry permits can be transferred. A annotation of the visa/entry that you are extending will done in the new passport.

​Most countries do physically cancel the passport until you get the new one.

Not sure about Phuket but many offices now allow you to apply for an extension 45 days early.

You will need to get a single re-entry permit before you make your trip.

I need to apply for a year extension to my initial 3 month non 'o' visa which expires at the beginning of December,

Presumably an extension of stay since visas are not extended. What's the basis for the extension?

A re-entry permit would only preserve your current permission to stay, not your visa, which, if single entry, has been used.

What exactly expires at the beginning of December, your visa or your permission to stay stamped in your passport when you entered the country?

Ok it a UK passport and the extension is as I said from a 3 month Non O to a full year multiple entry non O,, based on having children here. I take care of. When applying for a new year visa they only give the 3 months at the embassy outside the country that then gets extended at the Immigration.

I had it many years before but went on to NON B, then last year an ED visa, because I thought it was a nice easy visa to use without tying up all my cash that needs to be shown, but now with all the crack down I've gone back to the non O but have to start from the beginning of the process again...

Regarding your passport it is going to take at least several weeks (months recently) before you will see your new one (big thread running on that somewhere on here). And your old passport is not valid for travel once the application is submitted (but retained for ID purposes). And you don't go to the embassy, you go to VFS in Bangkok (appointment needed).

It may take up to 3 months or more to get your passport. See: Changes To British Passport Services In Thailand

You have enough pages left to do your extension of stay and re-entry permit. If you have your financial proof ready you could do the extension if you are within 45 days or your 90 entry ending.

Or you could get a re-entry permit for the remainder of the 90 day entry.

So if i put my trip off till towards the end of this month, so as to put me within the 45 days and apply for my re entry and extension at the same time before I go , Is that possible?..or will I need to wait for the extension. Head out to Cambodia where I want to travel to. then stop at the VFS on the way back through BKK will that work? . I am trying to avoid going through BKK having to come back to Phuket Immigration back up to the BKK to apply for the passport then having to do the journey all over again to collect the thing a few weeks later.

I would get the extension and re-entry permit first. You will get it on the same day you apply.

Then make your trip to Cambodia and after that apply for your passport. You can save a page of your passport by getting a e-visa. See: http://evisa.mfaic.gov.kh

But to apply for the passport you will need to make an appointment at VFS Trendy to do it. Those have a lead time of about 3 weeks now.