TAT to promote 'martial law tourism'

webfact

Thai Authorities To Promote 'Martial Law Tourism'

By Khaosod English

14131794521413179560l.jpg
Tourists walk past a military jeep mounted with a machine gun on Ratchadamri Road in Bangkok, 20 May 2014.

BANGKOK — The Tourism Authority of Thailand says its preparing to add one more tourist attraction to the Kingdom's long list of temples, beaches, and mountains: life under martial law.

"The TAT is preparing a campaign called '24 Hours Enjoy Thailand' to attract foreign tourists to visit Thailand under martial law," TAT Governor Thawatchai Arunyik told Thai Rath newspaper on Friday.

Thawatchai said that martial law is beneficial to tourism, because it ensures that foreign tourists can be safe 24 hours a day.

"We want the tourists to be confident that they can travel in Thailand both day and night with safety at all times," Thawatchai said, adding that he hopes to promote this concept by creating a "buzz" on social media.

The military imposed martial law over the entire nation on 20 May and seized power two days later.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1413179452

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-10-13

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Thawatchai said that martial law is beneficial to tourism, because it ensures that foreign tourists can be safe 24 hours a day."

sick.gif I really want to vomit..

I hope the insanity virus here is not airborne.. But better to stay safe and try to get hold of some haldol or risperdal before it's too late and the psychosis will hit with full force...

• Like 1

Talk about lunatic Monday here's another candidate for the fickle finger of fate weekly award, TAT, just shovel more B/S someone will swallow it , I am quiet sure the family unit would just love to all go for a ride in a half track around Ratcharda in the ding dang, don't forget the history lessons on how many coups Thailand has had and the Democracy that has formed between coups, don't ya just love em.coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Talk about lunatic Monday here's another candidate for the fickle finger of fate weekly award, TAT, just shovel more B/S someone will swallow it , I am quiet sure the family unit would just love to all go for a ride in a half track around Ratcharda in the ding dang, don't forget the history lessons on how many coups Thailand has had and the Democracy that has formed between coups, don't ya just love em.coffee1.gif

New slogan for TAT - ' We Do Defy Description '.

• Like 1