Ladyboys get greedy and pickpocket tourists in Phuket

webfact

PHUKET: Ladyboys get greedy and pickpocket tourists in Phuket
Darawan Naknakhon

1412240852_1-org.jpg
Police arrested a pair of pickpocketing ladyboys yesterday (October 1).

PHUKET: -- Police arrested a pair of pickpocketing katoeys yesterday (October 1) after two reports of thefts from tourists in Patong and Kata on Monday night (September 29).

In separate incidents on the same evening, one of the light fingered ladyboys lifted an iPhone from a Russian tourist Mr Pavel Abramov, 24, on Bangla Road in Patong, while the other managed to pickpocket an Italian tourist’s wallet, Mr Moris Fossati, 38, containing B1,000 and Euro 1,000 (B41,900).

Karon police arrested Chokamnoy Rongjadtu, 26, a Sakolnakorn native and Soonthon Haojaipetch, 18, after examining security camera footage.

Police were able to retrieve the stolen iPhone from the thieves as well as their getaway vehicle.

The suspects said they already exchanged the Euros, spent all the cash and threw the wallet onto a road near Karon beach, which police were not able to retrieve.

Both suspects confessed to the charges against them, “We were drunk and wanted some extra cash to party with,” one ladyboy told police.

Police took both suspects to Karon police station for further questioning.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/ladyboys-get-greedy-and-pickpocket-tourists-in-phuket-48967.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-10-02

....did I read correctly........spent 1000 Euros in a matter of hours.....???

Yep bit of a surprise that there were lies told about the dosh and the wallet.

A Russian and an Italian, thats a nice variety of victims.

One of those "ladies" looks familiar to previous photos on TV.

Regards

Yep bit of a surprise that there were lies told about the dosh and the wallet.

A Russian and an Italian, thats a nice variety of victims.

One of those "ladies" looks familiar to previous photos on TV.

Regards

Yeah, think I saw her in the farming forum a while back.

The ladyboys are innocent, it's the Russians and the Italians fault for having a phone and carrying money.

When are they going to stop prosecuting these lovable creatures?blink.png

I hope the one learned it's much more worth to take a wallet than a phone. But maybe the Russian asked her to take it......wai2.gif

yep the one on the right looks passable (after the right amount(s) of alcohol)

The other (scarely) looks like an old mate of mine (No boob job) - and he was a Tax Man....!

(he kept telling me how important he was too) - Fitting really...

The one on the right looks OK, the one on the left bah.gif

I must have lost my mind, I think the one on the right is quite attractive!

Now, you know, with all those posts behind you that you cannot be that honest on this forum without getting a lot of criticism - I know what you mean though; it's those arms!
  • Like 1

EXACTLY my thoughts,,,,, MORE like the BIB said,, "CHAAAA CHING,,, arrested,, pocketed $,,,, our work is done here",,,, lolololol,,,,, JEEEZ do people still actually believe this!,,,,,,,, 555555555555

• Like 1

The newer way of stealing is "PUSH POCKET"

A wallet or mobile phone is "pushed" into your pocket.

The perpetrator will then walk up to you and say; "Hey you've stolen my wallet"

With the co-operation of corrupt police especially, you can imagine the scenario.

• Like 1

Spending all the money is a BS story, They just know the standard 500 baht fine will be applied.

Crime pays. The judge should sentence them to a jail sentence which deducts 100 baht

a day from the proceeds of the crime, so a 4,100 day sentence. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

"Ladyboys get greedy and pickpocket tourists"

Well, they have been greedy and robbing tourists since the ladyboy disguise was invented many years ago.

Some thieves wear face covering hoods, others put on a dress. It seems though that the dress is more efficient. Not only does it let the thieves get closer to their victims, it also makes the authorities look the other way (they would probably have arrested a small gang of Thai guys wearing hoods walking down soi Bangla, or any other soi, just on the suspicion that they were about to steal something).

Smart move to claim to have spent all the 40k, so nothing can be retrieved. I assume they kept 500 baht to pay the fine, before they are let back on the street to rob some more tourists.