Non imm 90 day B visa bank account?

Hi all, just got my visa & was granted a B type as I'm undertaking a scuba diving internship. They only gave me a single entry even tho I applied for multiple, (but hey ho) I assume this will be ok to extend when I'm out there? Also I'm wondering about bank accounts, can I open a thai account on a B visa & also what is the best way of transferring money from uk into the thai account? As I want to avoid charges from uk for withdrawals etc etc

You will not be able to obtain an extension of stay unless you have a work permit and an high minimum salary, plus more paperwork.

So what people does is to go to Penang to obtain multiple entry visa, then they do border hops every 90 days.

For bank questions check the relevant forum, banking in Thailand.

You will not be able to obtain an extension of stay unless you have a work permit and an high minimum salary, plus more paperwork.

So what people does is to go to Penang to obtain multiple entry visa, then they do border hops every 90 days.

For bank questions check the relevant forum, banking in Thailand.

You will still need a Work Permit to get the multiple entry non immigrant visa in Penang.

Not may dive shops will give WPs for DM internships; you might be able to do something with a DM -> IDC -> IE -> Instructor package, but don't hold your breath (pun intended).

May do DM-IDC-IE internships on Tourist visas as they are all training courses.

You should be able to open a saving account with an ATM Debit Card with a B visa, if the first bank refuses, go to the next one ('policies' vary from branch to branch!

Thanks for info, my intentions are to do an idc internship leading into work, which will then be ok for work permit, problem is I can't get to a working stage in 90 days due to my current diving level, so what would you say is my best option to stay out there continuously for the 6 months I'll need to be able to get to instructor level & be able to work? Bearing in mind I already have a 3 month visa & want to do this from being in thailand? Many thanks

Thanks for info, my intentions are to do an idc internship leading into work, which will then be ok for work permit, problem is I can't get to a working stage in 90 days due to my current diving level, so what would you say is my best option to stay out there continuously for the 6 months I'll need to be able to get to instructor level & be able to work? Bearing in mind I already have a 3 month visa & want to do this from being in thailand? Many thanks

As mentioned above, due to no salary you cannot obtain an extension of stay for employment in Thailand, so your only option is to get single and preferably multiple entry non-imm 'B' visa. That means leaving country every 90 days even if only for a day or two.

Read post number 2, yours. Your the one that brought up getting a multiple entry Non-B and the fact that he won't be able to get a work permit which is required to do and extension. You suggested that he go to Penang to get a multiple. All that I did was comment that a multiple is not available in Penang without a work permit and suggested that he try KL as they use to issue them without a WP!

• Like 1

Read post number 2, yours. Your the one that brought up getting a multiple entry Non-B and the fact that he won't be able to get a work permit which is required to do and extension. You suggested that he go to Penang to get a multiple. All that I did was comment that a multiple is not available in Penang without a work permit and suggested that he try KL as they use to issue them without a WP!

I think you have not read properly what I wrote in post #2:

Nowhere I stated the OP would not obtain a work permit. So I made the suggestion to go Penang for a multi-entry non-imm 'B' and repeated it in post #4 when the OP said he will have a WP.

Edited by paz

KL does not do any multiple entry visas. They have not done non-b's even with a work permit for some time now.

"KL does not do any multiple entry visas. They have not done non-b's even with a work permit for some time now."

Sorry, I said KL instead of Singapore per your post #4 in this thread: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/767556-converting-a-tourist-visa-to-non-immigration-b-or-o-visa/?p=8521842&hl=%20non#8208b%20%20visa%20%20without%20%20work%20%20permit

"KL does not do any multiple entry visas. They have not done non-b's even with a work permit for some time now."

Sorry, I said KL instead of Singapore per your post #4 in this thread: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/767556-converting-a-tourist-visa-to-non-immigration-b-or-o-visa/?p=8521842&hl=%20non#8208b%20%20visa%20%20without%20%20work%20%20permit

The non-b was for a multiple entry B visa not a single entry.

Singapore will not do a multiple entry other than for possibly for a Singapore citizen or resident.

The link that you provided to the Singapore website has this statement:

"10. Application fee: Cash only in Singapore Dollars

- $100 for Single entry
- $250 for Multiple Entries valid for One Year"

There is nothing said about having residency in Singapore on the site but so be it!