Eating At A Different Place Every Day Of The Year!

chanchao

If you ask a Thai food expert Chiangmai is not well known for it's great Thai food except for it's northern food.

Aron Rai is just the tourist interpretation of Thai food which is stale and horrible.

For best Northern Thai food. The place is is เฮือนใจ๋ยอง.

Best Thai food overall in Chiangmai is ป้าแป๊ดทะเลมหาชัย.

เฮือนใจ๋ยอง อยู่ในอำเภอสันกำแพง ห่างจากอำเภอเมือง 14 กิโลเมตร

เป็นร้านอาหารพื้นเมืองแท้ๆ คือเมนูอาหารแต่ละอย่างเมืองมากๆ

ส่วนบรรยากาศนั้นพื้นบ้านดี นั่งรับประทานอาหารใต้ถุนบ้าน (พื้นกะล่าง) นั่นเอง

ข้อมูลเบื้องต้น เฮือนใจ๋ยอง อยู่ที่เลขที่ 64 ม.4 ต.บวกค้าง อ.สันกำแพง เชียงใหม่ 50130

เบอร์โทรฯ 086-671 8710 , 086 -730 2673 เปิด 10.00-16.00 น.

ป้าแป๊ด ทะเลมหาชัย ถนนวงแหวนรอบใน หลังมหาวัทยาลัยพายัพ ใกล้กับหมู่บ้านพิมุกต์ 3 ร้านเปิด10 โมงถึง 4 ทุ่มTel. 08-4611-1953, 08-6920-4488

http://www.bloggang....oup=17&gblog=38

Chiangmai is a northern capital and the local don't appreciate the use of coconut milk in their food. So the Chili paste, the coconut, palm sugar are not as good as the middle part of the Kingdom. Not that the local Chiangmai people will care. They don't appreciate the Thai food that has characteristic of Red chili curry or green chili curry as they are to sweet and included coconut milk which do not suit for their taste.

Edited by Maccheroncini

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...............>>Tomorrow I think a lunch at the 30 baht buffet near the Mae Rim City Hall area is in order. Thursday the Southern style Kanom Jeen at Phuket Laikhram. Then the som tam at Ban>>....................................

while i think it is an excellent idea and hard to pull through i hope you will do it and i will watch your progress. i hope however that the adresses will be a lot more explicit (phonenr would be nice if applicable) than the above otherwise it just caters to the incrowd know-it-alls and leaves out the slightly dimwitted like myself.i have lived in chiang mai for 8 years but couldn't find any of the above from your description there.i remember searching on and off for pun pun outside sun dok temple as i could not know there would be a restaurant inside a temple for several years until i read about it on tv.i discovered a pletore of other restaurants in the process as i like to experiment just like you :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

just noticed the thread is from 2004!!!! <deleted>?:blink:

Doesn't matter at all ...

Edit: Surpriced to see john b good as banned - he seemed such a nice guy in his posts. - Can't trust impressions from posts, apparently.

Edited by rishi

just noticed the thread is from 2004!!!! <deleted>?:blink:

Doesn't matter at all ...

Edit: Surpriced to see john b good as banned - he seemed such a nice guy in his posts. - Can't trust impressions from posts, apparently.

Of course not, it's going to take a while to get 365 different places! wink.gif