Immigration didnt sign stamp in new passport and now want me to go back...

Ive just been at CW and done a 7 day extension before I leave the country, I also had my old visa stamp etc transferred to my new passport, everything went fine and got it all done. I have just arrived home and got a call from immigration saying the officer forgot to sign my OLD extension of stay stamp (the one for July 16th to Oct 14th) and that I need to go back to have this done. Im a bit miffed by this as its a huge trek for me, do I really have to do this? Im flying out on Sunday so what would happen? Its not even the signature for my current extension...

You may save yourself a lot of "bother" by doing as requested. You probably don't need any "difficulties" when you attempt to leave. Same thing if you plan on returning. everyone makes mistakes, sounds like they may have done so in this case at Immigration but this is your opportunity to show that You're a nice, understanding visitor and one who should be made welcome again in the future.

I got caught out on this crossing Nong. Khai to Laos earlier this year.

The Laos immigration officer waved me through without a stamp but on return to Thailand they fined me 5000 baht for not having an entry stamp to Laos.

I suspect this may be a scam by the border immigration in Laos to extract cash from westerners.

Edited by Jay Sata

I got caught out on this crossing Nong. Khai to Laos earlier this year.

The Laos immigration officer waved me through without a stamp but on return to Thailand they fined me 5000 baht for not having an entry stamp to Laos.

I suspect this may be a scam by the border immigration in Laos to extract cash from westerners.

It happens frequent!

Always, always check......check....double check!

Its takes a minute or 2 and can prevent you from falling victim to these blunt double cross border scams!!!