Petrol Tank Sealer

billrose

I did say a TEMPORARY Repair, tell us please what Alcohol YOU would be putting in your petrol tank ? JACK DANIELS OR JONNY WALKER, makes me wonder why some people don't engage the brain before using the keyboard !!

Temper temper...coffee1.gif

For a temporary repair use soap.

Thank srn89, I've been into bikes for most of my 71 years, but I've never heard of that one!

In the absence of any suggestions as to where I can buy it in Thailand, I'll try soap until I can get some sent over from UK.

It's only a very slight weep, not even a drip, and all it needs is the seam re-welding. It could be done by someone with experience of tank repairs, but I daren't trust that to any of the local Thais!!!!!

Seen many people use it in N America.

Have yet to see it last, especially with alcohol.

Seedy, are you referring to tank sealer, or soap?

Most of the modern tank sealers available in UK and USA now say that they're ok with fuels containg ethanol (alcohol), but I'm not sure about soap!

Seen many people use it in N America.

Have yet to see it last, especially with alcohol.

Seedy, are you referring to tank sealer, or soap?

Most of the modern tank sealers available in UK and USA now say that they're ok with fuels containg ethanol (alcohol), but I'm not sure about soap!

since it's readily available. just try it out... not that it's gonna blow your tank off.. blow your engine ? not sure about it. lol...

I think some of you guys are suicidal, soap to fix a fuel tank..... on a bike? Soap and sand is an emergency remedy for a car, or truck where the consequences of failure is a loss of fuel onto the road behind you.

I assume your petrol tank is directly over your nice hot engine...think about it doh!!!.....Woof.

Jay sus....

Edited by AllanB

Richco in Chiangmai has Kreem.

I just did my Dyna tank using Kreem after Thai alcohol fuel ate the factory liner. HD recommends 10% ethanol fuels so it makes me wonder what is really in Thai E-10

Will see how long the Kreen stands up

I hear good things about Bill Hirsch tank liner but you would have to import it from the USA