Unlocking A Nokia 6280

2long

I bought a Nokia 6280 in the UK expecting to unlock it here. The few shops I went to (inc. Nokia Care) said they couldn't. I bought some software on Ebay but the codes it gives me won't help either.

Has anyone managed to get a shop in Bangkok to successfully unlock one of these fandangled Nokia phones? It needs a long pin to do it.

Thanks!!!

I bought a Nokia 6280 in the UK expecting to unlock it here. The few shops I went to (inc. Nokia Care) said they couldn't. I bought some software on Ebay but the codes it gives me won't help either.

Has anyone managed to get a shop in Bangkok to successfully unlock one of these fandangled Nokia phones? It needs a long pin to do it.

Thanks!!!

If it is a vodaphone locked one ya can try here.

Voda Phone

Yes I know it's Australia..but worth a try for free eh?

Who's the provider?

Edited by thailand_property_search

TO get some phones unlocked you have to call your service provider.

Example for me I had a Nokia 6680 on a vodafone contract and arrived in Thailand in Jan thinking the same that I'd be able to unlock it.

But at that moment in time there was no software available to unlock the 6680.

So I browsed websites and found out I had to call my service provider tell them the IME number and what phone I had and they emailed me a password to to enter into the phone and voila it was unlocked!

You have every right to unlock your phone if your on a contract but some operators will make it a pain in the ass to get the UNLOCK CODE out of them!

Not sure what the deal is on pre pays but I know that its not as easy to unlock a newer phone anymore! When they unlock your phone I beleive all that they do is reload the operating system so a re format but you need to have that software available.

Mind you the website mentioned above and many others offer the unlock codes!!!! But as I'm not sure how new your model is thats about all I can say on the matter.

Hope that helps

Ash

You can look at this thread too 6630

Edited by agsnowdon

Another way is to tell your carrier that you have to send it to Nokia to get it fixed as there is something wrong with it.

Per Nokia's website with regards to warranty issues, all phones must be unlocked first, and they instruct the owner to have their carrier unlock it.

Been very busy. Will try MBK if the unlcoking software I buy from Ebay doesn't work.

Thanks for your help. I may just sell the ###### thing back to the UK on Ebay and buy one here.

They can't do it in MBK. One said he could, had it for an hour and then said he couldn't. This IS Thailand, remember.

I'll sell it on Ebay.

Anyone else wanna try what I did should be warned.