PM Prayut wants quality tourists to visit Thailand

webfact

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry fellas between Jungle Jim and Clutch Clark they know all the answers and what to do about it two of the most bigoted and ignorant posters this forum has seen for a while too by the looks of their posts.

They forget that without the sex industry the plight of many an Issan family would be destitute and people shouldn't judge without being judged themselves.

You think that the PM gives a monkeys about Issan poverty? prostitution would stop if there was other work available for these girls but the blunt fact is there isn't work out there so desperate needs call for desperate measures, 99% of these girls are doing this to support their families and don't exactly enjoy their work. But crack on and judge them and their punters because the truth is there's sex for sale all over the world and Thailand is no different.

Comments like unwashed backpackers smacks of elitism and bigoted comments too. I'm willing to bet your lives ain't that perfect either if it was you'd not be posting bullshit here!!!

I wonder if Jungle Jim got his name from that well known establishment in Bangkok?

If you have not noticed there are far fewer bar girls now than before because they have found better work and not because they found a walking ATM to marry. Without the sex industry they would be just fine. They were long before the foreigners ever arrived. My wife never was a sex worker she worked hard to earn her own money as she still does today. Sorry about the dirty back packers but many do need a shower or two. So you think having sex in front of your guesthouse is a bright idea in a conservative country ? I can tell your likely a sex tourist i am not judging you on that alone but the majority i have seen here give me the creeps and would not let my daughter get near. As far as my life i think i mentioned that before i am happy here otherwise would not have lasted twenty years. I think i read before that negative comments about the government nor the PM should be posted here. I think your just pissed because you might be on his list as far as low quality. If you hate Thais so much you can always head for Cambodia i hear the girls are cheaper and better there anyway.

• Like 1

If you have not noticed there are far fewer bar girls now than before because they have found better work and not because they found a walking ATM to marry. Without the sex industry they would be just fine. They were long before the foreigners ever arrived. My wife never was a sex worker she worked hard to earn her own money as she still does today. Sorry about the dirty back packers but many do need a shower or two. So you think having sex in front of your guesthouse is a bright idea in a conservative country ? I can tell your likely a sex tourist i am not judging you on that alone but the majority i have seen here give me the creeps and would not let my daughter get near. As far as my life i think i mentioned that before i am happy here otherwise would not have lasted twenty years. I think i read before that negative comments about the government nor the PM should be posted here. I think your just pissed because you might be on his list as far as low quality. If you hate Thais so much you can always head for Cambodia i hear the girls are cheaper and better there anyway.

if you have not noticed there are more freelance girls...many many more

also in spots as route66 or slim at rca

Edited by kaobang

Don't worry fellas between Jungle Jim and Clutch Clark they know all the answers and what to do about it two of the most bigoted and ignorant posters this forum has seen for a while too by the looks of their posts.

They forget that without the sex industry the plight of many an Issan family would be destitute and people shouldn't judge without being judged themselves.

You think that the PM gives a monkeys about Issan poverty? prostitution would stop if there was other work available for these girls but the blunt fact is there isn't work out there so desperate needs call for desperate measures, 99% of these girls are doing this to support their families and don't exactly enjoy their work. But crack on and judge them and their punters because the truth is there's sex for sale all over the world and Thailand is no different.

Comments like unwashed backpackers smacks of elitism and bigoted comments too. I'm willing to bet your lives ain't that perfect either if it was you'd not be posting bullshit here!!!

Unwashed stinking back packers... There I said it and yes I'm a bloody elitist. Take a bath Haggis.

• Like 2

Lots of hatred towards the Thais here. Perhaps you should not stay here in the tourist traps, and learn to speak a little Thai. That just might help a tiny bit. How odd i rarely get scammed and i tend to ask the price before hand. If i understand its a rip off i just move on. Like i said no Thai is holding a gun to your head. 99.999 percent of the time i pay the same price as a Thai. If i don,t trust a certain area i make sure i see the price before hand. As far as Thais being rude yes that does happen and most of the time it is in the tourist slums where i tend to avoid as much as possible. Concerning the Thais being just as bad as the sex tourists i disagree. One they don,t tend to slobber over their young piece of meat in public. The Thai men tend to be much more discreet . If you have not noticed they have areas to park your car with a curtain. The majority seem to know better not to marry a hooker unlike foreigners. Foreigners seem to like the lowest quality possible, Thai men would never touch them. I understand this likely will hit a nerve here but its the truth. If you really hate this place so bad don,t forget you can leave at any time. Twenty years here already with my wife and her Thai family. Guess what? No one drinks in the family, no sick water buffalo stories, and no one ever asks for money. The tourists and expats should be screened much better before entering. Do you think the majority of the sex tourists, foreign criminals , and the hippie dippie pad Thai eating backpackers would ever be allowed to enter most countries without a problem ? i seriously doubt it. The majority of tourists seem to have no common sense, they left that at the airport. Who in their right mind has sex on the beach in front of their guesthouse in a know conservative country. There are a number of Do's and Don;ts in numerous travel books and websites. I guess they can,t read.

why do you refere to it as my wife and her thai family, arnt they your family too, or have they not accepted you in yet, and the shit you say don't happen , well guess what it happens at our village all the time

This gentleman is overlooking the fact he is holding 68 million people hostage.

Asking for Quality people?

He means people who won't comment on the above situation (mind their own business )

Spend 10,000 baht a day on whatever their fancy

Maybe in a quality 5 storey Thai massage parlour (where cops and military men take cuts)

Or stay in 5 star Hotels.

Just please no more people with rationale who see the irony in statements like

""This government came to power on the dreams of Thais who wanted a better future""

Its so annoying when some guy in a Bungalow on some Island south says ""Nah it was guns and tanks"'

He wants Tourists who see he is kind hearted and wants him to look after the people.

Such a tall order for one nice guy and his tanks

So you would rather have the last corrupt PM back in power ? Yikes !

Lets put it this way sir, "democracy is important " especially in developing countries.

It would be vile of me to suggest a military rule is preferable.

Internationally its akin to a man taking over a bank.

In other words Criminal.

So if you feel that the prior democratically elected Government was in some way bad or corrupt , then why have the audacious Position of a far more heinous act?

And not allowing self determination is that.

Controlling a populace sir by threat and fear, and restrictions on speech is certainly by most international standards wrong and bad.

Have you ever heard of Stockholm Syndrome ?

Its where the hostages start to empathise and have compassion for their captors- the people holding them hostage.

Psychologists say a proportion of men and woman do so in order to lessen the stress of the ordeal.

Sensitive males will like wise throughout history lay down arms and surrender instead of fight.

Its proportionately true a large expat population in Thailand will have a percentage that seeks to admire a group of military men in uniforms controlling the nation.

Its normal for some.

But i remind the reader the International community see it very differently.

He will have trouble inviting Quality tourists into a domain that is controlled by "The Gun" and fear.

Edited by Fred Flinstone

So you would rather have the last corrupt PM back in power ? Yikes !

Yes, all right minded people would rather have the democratically elected former PM back in power.

Even at the height of his power and popularity there were certain people, organisations and institutions that Thaksin had absolutely no sway over.

It is these people, organisations and institutions that are the real "belly of the beast" when it comes to corruption in this land.

The only thing that will bring to an end the "hidden hands" is democracy.

One Thai , one vote.

That is why those that benefit the most from corruption have fought so hard to overthrow and destroy democracy.

Democracy believe it not does not work for every country. Thailand was on the verge of civil war and most expats would not be here at this moment . The PM mentioned elections would be held once things have improved. I seriously doubt he has any intentions of staying. He has made more improved changes in the last six months than all the last government have done in decades. Foreigners are unhappy now because perhaps he might take some action in not allowing some to stay or enter. Most governments have far stronger polices than Thailand has. I think many here are perhaps spoiled rotten. I have no problem with the visa reforms and would not mind seeing more quality tourists here myself. Low quality can stay in Cambodia.

• Like 1

Democracy believe it not does not work for every country. Thailand was on the verge of civil war and most expats would not be here at this moment . The PM mentioned elections would be held once things have improved. I seriously doubt he has any intentions of staying. He has made more improved changes in the last six months than all the last government have done in decades. Foreigners are unhappy now because perhaps he might take some action in not allowing some to stay or enter. Most governments have far stronger polices than Thailand has. I think many here are perhaps spoiled rotten. I have no problem with the visa reforms and would not mind seeing more quality tourists here myself. Low quality can stay in Cambodia.

Ignoring the rest of the nonsense in your post......

Separating people into quality and low quality groups is at the very heart of this conflict.

You, my friend, are on the side of people who believe that the majority of Thais are low quality buffalos who are too poor, stupid, unworthy and dirty to vote for their own government.

You are effectively advocating apartheid for Thailand.

If anyone needs relocating to Cambodia, it is you.

Edited by Robespiere
  • Like 2

Hey! My wife is Thai . I never said Thais were stupid. I give them far more credit than most of the foreigners here. I think that perhaps you are a little worried you might be on the current hit list to go. Like i said and i will say it again. If the foreigners here hate it so bad they can always leave. I guess no one understands the word quality. Bhutan seems to understand the word. Low quality tourists are turned away daily. I don,t see a problem with that. I think the only ones that are worried are the (lowlifes) low quality tourists. They can always head for Cambodia or Vang Vieng Laos. Malaysia might even allow a few in. It is up to Thailand to chose who they wish. No different than any country on planet Earth. Heck even mellow Canada turns away people. Not enough cash or you look dodgy you are turned away. Is that so hard to figure out. I guess you prefer civil war here.

Edited by Jungle Jim

Hey! My wife is Thai . I never said Thais were stupid. I give them far more credit than most of the foreigners here. I think that perhaps you are a little worried you might be on the current hit list to go. Like i said and i will say it again. If the foreigners here hate it so bad they can always leave. I guess no one understands the word quality. Bhutan seems to understand the word. Low quality tourists are turned away daily. I don,t see a problem with that. I think the only ones that are worried are the (lowlifes) low quality tourists. They can always head for Cambodia or Vang Vieng Laos. Malaysia might even allow a few in. It is up to Thailand to chose who they wish. No different than any country on planet Earth. Heck even mellow Canada turns away people. Not enough cash or you look dodgy you are turned away. Is that so hard to figure out. I guess you prefer civil war here.

The two reasons most commonly put forth to justify the overthrow of the elected government are:

1. Excessive corruption

2. Uneducated masses who are too stupid to vote (for the right people)

Both are falsities.

You, my friend, are on the side of people who believe that the majority of Thais are low quality buffalos who are too poor, stupid, unworthy and dirty to vote for their own government.

Edited by Robespiere
  • Like 2

The two reasons most commonly put forth to justify the overthrow of the elected government are:

1. Excessive corruption

2. Uneducated masses who are too stupid to vote (for the right people)

Both are falsities.

Whilst i agree with your reasoning and observations -

And certainly am pro -democracy .

I feel this general /PM and his Government marshal law Junta will achieve a great deal of good for the Thai people.

I say this for different reasons to the "others" here who envision him as Honest and capable.

My rationale is he will destroy Thailand and its reputation (not to mention its economy) to such an extent , the future generations will react strongly at the hint of Junta's and even perhaps have mechanisms that prevent them willy nilly.

The elites will loose a great deal of their base in the middle class Bangkok.

Already manifestations of this is evidenced by publications like The Nation being critical.

Something not expected.

As for the question of Quality tourists -

People are not attracted to military .

Insurances companies by and large won't even insure you whilst in a country under marshal law.

Edited by Fred Flinstone

What planet is this man on.... Quality tourist ?????? Please explain... Oh that's right like your quality police force. Most of the tourist destinations in Thailand are only good because of the foreign owned or started businesses there. Ask yourself where you stayed, where you ate, what club you went into... I would wager probably foreign owned... Its time to pull out people. Put your business dollars elsewhere. Put your money into a country that deserves it. Cambodia for instance. You would almost be getting in at the ground floor. Perhaps its time to make Cambodia a better version of what Thailand use to be..morally its impossible to stomach this PM anymore.

I guess you really haven't spent much time in Cambodia lately. Actually here in Chiang Mai you avoid the foreign owned businesses if you want good service except for Dukes.

There are a few other foreign owned restaurants along that moat across from the red light street

A French guy owns a good restaurant across from Juicy4U which is my organic breakfast spot, but overall I agree, if they don't speak english, its "difficult"

there is also a very good International restaurant, also on the red light road, with the outdoor decor all made from teak wood, a beautiful place actually, and their food and service are very good

there is no beating Dukes though

I am not for overall military rule. But what was the other option just before they took over ? Civil war was very likely. Give this guy a chance and see what happens. So far from what i have seen has done a lot of good that the past governments over the years did ZERO! The longer the MAFIA lets be honest here tries to fight him to clean up the elections the longer the military will stay. If he is so bad what about Laos, Vietnam, Cuba or even China who we don,t seem to blink an eye these days and purchase tons of their crap. I think many foreigners are shaking in their boots because he very likely might crack down on some very questionable foreigners. Most countries would not tolerate many that live and visit here. I seriously think many on this forum might fall under that category. If you want non stop sex and booze there are always other countries to visit. From what i hear cheaper booze and girls.

I am not for overall military rule. But what was the other option just before they took over ? Civil war was very likely. Give this guy a chance and see what happens. So far from what i have seen has done a lot of good that the past governments over the years did ZERO! The longer the MAFIA lets be honest here tries to fight him to clean up the elections the longer the military will stay. If he is so bad what about Laos, Vietnam, Cuba or even China who we don,t seem to blink an eye these days and purchase tons of their crap. I think many foreigners are shaking in their boots because he very likely might crack down on some very questionable foreigners. Most countries would not tolerate many that live and visit here. I seriously think many on this forum might fall under that category. If you want non stop sex and booze there are always other countries to visit. From what i hear cheaper booze and girls.

You say your wife is Thai?

Yet have the audacity to imply or infer those debating with you might fall into your ending statement ?

Do you see my point?

You wish to judge others but not be judged yourself?

Perhaps your just not that equipped to comment on direct answers to why the junta is an oppressive negative alternative to democracy.?

So you infer those challenging you are just people interested in sex and booze .

I will refrain from asking you questions on your own personal life as the topic is about Quality Tourism.

And you seem to think Quality tourist aspire to marrying the natives?

The discourse is about why they will not come.

Lets stick to quality Tourists …shall we?

What in your view do you think is a quality tourist JIm ?

And why on earth would they in light of what i have said bother?

Do you think they don't know Thailand is under Marshal law?

And if so going back to the "pretend position" that your fine great and moral , and others are not (which is what he meant according to you?)

Why not state why an educated tourist would venture into this country without insurance (as they won't insure you under Marshal law)

And risk what they do knowing the place has been effectively taken over?

Are you kidding or stupid?

Seriously, are you suggesting "Quality Tourists are somehow in favour of this Junta while misfits and alcoholics and sex tourists aren't?

Thats what you seem to be saying .

And really Jim forget the slander of others here while you confess to marrying one.

Its just a tad shallow

Edited by Fred Flinstone

"Democracy believe it not does not work for every country. Thailand was on the verge of civil war and most expats would not be here at this moment ." - wrong and wrong.

so as your first 2 premises are wildly subjective and inaccurate, how do you propose to put forward a rational argument?