Charities in Eastern Bangkok

GarryP

I have a number of items I would like to give to charity, i.e. once used wheel-chair, oxygen tank with trolley and fittings, powdered nutritional supplements, adult diapers, etc. I believe they would be welcome gifts to a charity for the aged or children and would prefer to give them to those who have a real need for them than sell them. The only condition is that they would need to pick everything up themselves and for this reason I believe charities with operations in eastern Bangkok would be the most appropriate. I live near Udom Suk.

Any suggestions on charities to contact would be appreciated. I have already checked out Bangkae Home Foundation but it is located way across the city.

GarryP, I think the problem in your case is that your items are something most charities cannot use.

Some years ago when I still lived at Huamak, I donated plenty of very good used or almost new clothes, shoes and kitchenware and utensils to the SOI DOG FOUNDATION.

someone came and collected everything and then they would sell it at their yearly Bazaar or so.

not sure how to handle your things..... maybe go to the nearest hospital or even WAT, they may have an answer

GarryP, I think the problem in your case is that your items are something most charities cannot use.

Some years ago when I still lived at Huamak, I donated plenty of very good used or almost new clothes, shoes and kitchenware and utensils to the SOI DOG FOUNDATION.

someone came and collected everything and then they would sell it at their yearly Bazaar or so.

not sure how to handle your things..... maybe go to the nearest hospital or even WAT, they may have an answer

Thanks. That looks like what I will end up doing. I will go to the local temple and see if the are interested. I also have some other clothes and stuff to donate in addition to what I mentioned earlier.