Opening a Bank Account in Bangkok

Can anyone suggest any Bank branches in Bangkok where they are willing to open a bank account without too many questions being asked?, I had a Bangkok Bank account about 10 years ago but i would have no idea if i could get this account re activated because its been dorment for so long.

Ive read different stories of how easy or difficult it is to open accounts nowadays so was wondering if anyone had opened an account recently and what kind of documentation they had to show, i am currently on a non immigrant O, married to a Thai national (she has her own accounts, ive never bothered up until now). But am expecting quite a large sum of money to come over soon due to a property sale, and would like to have these funds in my own account so i can show immigration i have my own funds here, should the need arise in the future.

If anyone can suggest any banks in Nong Khai, Buriram or Bangkok would much appreciate it as these are the places we spend most of our time.

Thanks in advance

Bangkok Bank would be my choice. If your wife has her own accounts go with her to one of the Banks that she uses and use her to explain the reason for opening your own account and as a "sponsor". It's also very convenient and inexpensive to transfer money from some overseas countries into your Bangkok Bank account as they have branches there.

Bangkok Bank would be my choice. If your wife has her own accounts go with her to one of the Banks that she uses and use her to explain the reason for opening your own account and as a "sponsor". It's also very convenient and inexpensive to transfer money from some overseas countries into your Bangkok Bank account as they have branches there.

Those countries being the USA and UK. AFAIK they don't have any branches in the Eurozone, though.

The OP should first check to see if his old account is still active. Unless it dropped before Bt2,000 and was inactive for over 12 months which activates a Bt50/month fee which would have drained the account to zero balance after around 3 years causing automatic closure, the account may still be active.