vip bus or van from Vientiane to Udon Thani ?

Not sure where in vientiane you are starting from or where in udon you are going, but last two times I was in vientiane I took a taxi to the loas boarder and on thr Loas side right after you check out of Loas there was a VIP tout there, he charges 200 baht from there to Udon, you can be dropped at bus station or airport. Note you might have to wait a bit as tge van only leaves loas when he has 6 or 7 passengers. He drives you over bridge to Thai passport control, waits while everyone goes thru Thai customs ... then off to Udon you go

Usually many cars and vans waiting at the Thai side of the border. Depending on demand, you can usually negotiate B100-200 P.P for a van to the airport in Udon but as others pointed out, you may have to wait for it to fill. Usually a car that will leave immediately can be negotiated for B200 p.p. if more than one passenger, B300-400 if traveling alone but make sure the agreement is clear that the car will leave immediately and not wait for "one more".

Edited by dddave

It is only about a one hour trip to Udon airport. For that short a trip I cannot see mush need for a VIP bus/van.

If you fly Nok Air they have fly/ride service for Vientiane via Udon.

The VIP vans and buses are probably safer. That'e enough of a reason even on a short trip.

• Like 2