Looking for 220v to 110 volt 1500 watt step down transformer

Smee

Thanks Crossy but I have already tried Amorn home pro and several other major electrical suppliers and mom and pop outlets between bang NA and bang Phli and the largest capacity is 500 watts - I need 1500 watts..,

• Like 1

H90 thanks but we have single phase

It might can do single phase (or might not??) But it is really a monster. I forgot the value, but I think something like 15000 Watt. You can run a CNC lathe on it.

So surely not a good idea for you unless you import half a workshop from USA.

What do you need it for? Some things are dual 110-220, or the power supply can be switched. In some cases the motor can be changed (like on scuba compressor), but it than runs 20 % slower (which can be an advantage or disadvantage). And ebay has the parts....

Some cheapo kitchen equipment is cheaper to buy new than buying a converter.....

Else my first idea would be Amorn and ask them if a other branch has it maybe.....chance of meaningful answer is 50%.

It's to powe a 110v panini press I bought on Amazon and shipped from US - it is oy 110 no 220 option as I discovered when I unpacked it. I was thinking perhaps a UPS eTwd at 1500 or higher with a 110 outlet option may eork

You may be able to have the press re-wired to 220V as it's a resistive load, with luck top and bottom heaters are 110V each, wire in series and it's 220V smile.png

You won't find a 220 / 115 UPS at less than the cost of a suitable transformer (if at all).

He really did not need a transformer for a resistance load as heating is. But do not know if these units are available here - easy to find in US for $10 or so.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Foreign-travel-converter-1600-W-watt-av-voltage-step-down-power-adapter-220-110-/131182586104?pt=Travel_Adapters_Converters&hash=item1e8b1768f8

$_35.JPG

Amorn are worth a look (Fortune and Old Siam) but HomePro and many mom-and-pop electrical outlets should be able to help.

I was at Amorn yesterday and they have 3 or 4 different capacity step-downs, all around 1500 baht and a bit more. Also a heavy duty one plus a step-up one.