Recent report of tourist visa in Yangon?

Hi guys,

had anyone got a tourist visa recently from Yangon? how was the process?

I just exchanged a few mail with embassy and they say things that contradict what i read here on TV before.

They are saying there's a waiting period of up to the 10 days! and that i can pay only with super new USD.

thanks

I have not seen a report for Yangon for some time now.

The last one I recall was that the embassy was very crowded and he was told to come back the next day to apply.

From: http://www.thaiembassy.org/yangon/en/services/1019/46270-Important-Information-on-Visa-Application.html

"Visa processing time: With sufficient supporting documents, applicant will be granted visa within 1 working day. However, all visa applicants are strongly advised to apply at least 5-10 working days in advance of their anticipated travel, especially during holiday seasons."

Website says "6. 40USD visa fee -- we accept only new USD note. good condition. No mark, no scratch" for a tourist visa. http://www.thaiembassy.org/yangon/en/services/33445-Tourist-Visa.html

Was at embassy 2 weeks ago with my Myanmar wife to get ED visa for Thailand. We arrived early Monday, around 6.30 am and at 7 am all tokens were gone for Wednesday, same day and next day had gone the week before. We got one for Wednesday wich was fine since we had a week there anyway

We met up with an agent on Thursday morning around 7 am outside embassy to do some other stuff and they were giving out tokens for the following tuesday. I would say somewhere else would be a better deal as I actually can belive the 10 days have some truth to it.

Edited by Chillout101

Thanks Chillout101,

that's what i needed to know. Between the crazy hotel prices and this waiting period of 10 days i decided to change my plans and head to Laos instead,

thanks for the help

Was at embassy 2 weeks ago with my Myanmar wife to get ED visa for Thailand. We arrived early Monday, around 6.30 am and at 7 am all tokens were gone for Wednesday, same day and next day had gone the week before. We got one for Wednesday wich was fine since we had a week there anyway

We met up with an agent on Thursday morning around 7 am outside embassy to do some other stuff and they were giving out tokens for the following tuesday. I would say somewhere else would be a better deal as I actually can belive the 10 days have some truth to it.