8-year-old girl goes missing after Patong beach swim

Lite Beer

8-year-old girl goes missing after Patong beach swim

1413644075_1.jpg

Have you seen me? If so, please call my auntie at once

PHUKET: Suthathip Sutcharit, 8, a student at Darasamuth Phuket School was reported missing by her relatives this afternoon after she did not return home from swimming at Patong Beach.

The young girl had reportedly left her home at around noon today and her family began to worry by the evening time when she still hadn't returned.

Should anyone know her whereabouts or could provide any leads, please contact the young girl's aunt, Ms Rattanasomphot Sucharit on 090-0658115, as well as 094-803-7178.

Credit: Pirachai S.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/8-year-old-girl-goes-missing-after-patong-beach-swim-49219.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-10-18

Who was she there with?? Please don't tell me an 8 year-old was allowed to go for a swim on Patong beach alone.

Yes, that's what I am thinking. Must be more to be told in this news report. 8 year old leaves her home, walk to Patong beach, and go for a swim in the sea. Leaves at noon, and parents start to worry by evening time. Something very wrong here.

In general terms speaking in Thailand....... NO THERE ISN'T 'something very wrong here'

That's why 18.000 children go missing every year in Thailand (source mirror foundation Chiang rai)

Who was she there with?? Please don't tell me an 8 year-old was allowed to go for a swim on Patong beach alone.

Yes, that's what I am thinking. Must be more to be told in this news report. 8 year old leaves her home, walk to Patong beach, and go for a swim in the sea. Leaves at noon, and parents start to worry by evening time. Something very wrong here.

In general terms speaking in Thailand....... NO THERE ISN'T 'something very wrong here'

That's why 18.000 children go missing every year in Thailand (source mirror foundation Chiang rai)

how factual are these rather amazing figures?

There is definitely a lot more to this story.

Isn't that school catering to parents with more income than the average household i.e. tending towards middle class? Perhaps someone local can confirm or refute this.

Isn't Patong beach a busy beach?

Wouldn't someone spot her if she was in trouble in the water?

You are assuming she made it to the beach, and are assuming the "Patong Beach swim" is a true story.

I would be looking into the parents "story" a little more.

Of course, you would.

NamKangMan, your posts seem to have assembled a group of antagonists. Don't lose heart in the face of their opposition. I applaud your style which brooks none of the nonsense put out by the incompetent local press and untrustworthy local police. More of the same please.

There has to be more to the story. Who would let an eight year old go down to the beach for a swim by herself? Just asked my daughter 7 who goes to the same school if she knows her and where she may have gone. She said she does and she wouldn't go to the beach by herself. Trying to call her other friends as we speak.

• Like 1

Isn't Patong beach a busy beach?

Wouldn't someone spot her if she was in trouble in the water?

You are assuming she made it to the beach, and are assuming the "Patong Beach swim" is a true story.

I would be looking into the parents "story" a little more.

Of course, you would.

The majority of murders are committed by someone known to the victim.

If you don't believe me, check it out yourself.

At this stage, with the limited information available, for me, the parents are suspects.

NamKangMan, your posts seem to have assembled a group of antagonists. Don't lose heart in the face of their opposition. I applaud your style which brooks none of the nonsense put out by the incompetent local press and untrustworthy local police. More of the same please.

Only time will tell. I hope this young girl is found safe and well.

For those who put the parents above suspicion - well, there are many sick buffalos in Issan as well.

EVERYONE is a suspect in a case like this - even Uncle Somchai.

Go easy on the parents. Don't point fingers at them since we still don't know anything yet. When I was 8 (I was living Japan), I usually didn't tell my parents where I would go. I sometimes lied about where I was planning to go because I knew they would forbid me.

I hope she is safe and reunite with her family very soon.