Lite Beer

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why has he done exactly?

He cleaned up a beach and some footpaths and people think he is god.......

And that's something that no previous government has ever accomplished.

Seeing DSI Chief Tarit bulldoze his illegally built resort in a national park... Priceless!

• Like 1

I hope the embassies in Bkk include this in their regular report back to their respective Foreign Ministries and especially the British Embassy so the FCO and Cameron start to really understand who and what they are dealing with.

• Like 2

A post in violation of the below has been removed:

Posting Content & General Conduct

8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

Forum Netiquette

1. Please do not post in all capital letters, bold, unusual fonts, sizes or colors. It can be difficult to read.

• Like 1

i would like to know the name of the president of the poll company

His name is Mr. Noppadon Kannika.

According to his bio, he is Research Advisor to the Commander in Chief, the Royal Thai Army. So, no bias there!

http://library.au.edu/hall-of-fame/st-thomas2009-3.html

The masterpoll.net domain was registered on May 15, 2014 – one week before the military coup. Another interesting fact, since the official version is that the coup was not planned...

http://asiancorrespondent.com/126917/why-are-some-opinion-poll-results-so-positive-of-the-thai-junta/

Bruce I certainly can't see the bias on your part either; moreover, one week before the coup there wasn't a government in any fractured sense of reality as many of you seem to forget. There was chaos.

anyone in their right mind can see the koh tao murder case as a complete whitewash.

i would bet my left (you know what) that the UK (oops, caps) is complicit in it as well.

what an opportunity to use leverage to get some oil/gas drilling deals in the gulf for BP

in return for going along with the whitewash in order to get back to "business as usual".

People need to wake up and stop being so naive, you must understand current

hard ball politics in order to make sense of this.

41 out of 608 community leaders disapprove of the General.

Interesting.

There's nothing interesting about it unless you put up some demographics. Give the polling company a call. Use a tone of voice that equates with... the passions that you post with here. Demand the demographics of the poll in the name of the downtrodden masses. Post them in this forum so we can all bear witness and share in what you find interesting about this.

It's what your avatar would have done!

I'm sure the polling company will be most happy to comply with your request.

Cheers, Local Drunk

• Like 1

Why has he done exactly?

rewarded the police on Koh Tao for thier excellent work and professionalism

and in Milan appointed himself official spokesperson for the governments of Japan, China, Singapore Cambodia and David Cameron.

• Like 1

According to his bio, he is Research Advisor to the Commander in Chief, the Royal Thai Army. So, no bias there!

The masterpoll.net domain was registered on May 15, 2014 – one week before the military coup. Another interesting fact, since the official version is that the coup was not planned...

http://asiancorrespondent.com/126917/why-are-some-opinion-poll-results-so-positive-of-the-thai-junta/

Bruce I certainly can't see the bias on your part either; moreover, one week before the coup there wasn't a government in any fractured sense of reality as many of you seem to forget. There was chaos.

Bias on my part is not relevant - I'm not publishing dodgy opinion polls.

I do not forget, but I saw events at that time as more manufactured chaos. Suthep was just about to give up, and the protests were dwindling. The EC was out of excuses for not calling an election. The only course of action was to call an election or stage a coup. But, we were told that there was no coup planned, and that it was a spur of the moment decision. Setting up polling companies one week prior to that "spur of the moment" decision seems to indicate otherwise.

Recent events seem to indicate that this government does not mind stretching the truth. I won't go into detail because there are multiple "koh tao" / "Italy protests" / "meetings with Japan" threads that show the large discrepancies between Thai and international versions of the story.

"

Do you know for a fact that the opinion poll is dodgy? Say instead that "the poll looks dodgy."

I do remember the comments that no coup was planned. He was trying to get the two sides together to work it out in meetings, and as I recall and neither side was giving an inch. The military always has a plan you know. They just don't always execute it.

I'm sorry if I sound harsh sometimes and thank you for your reasoned response. I'll leave you to your research...

Cheers, L.D.

Edited by Local Drunk

"

Do you know for a fact that the opinion poll is dodgy? Say instead that "the poll looks dodgy."

I do remember the comments that no coup was planned. He was trying to get the two sides together to work it out in meetings, and as I recall and neither side was giving an inch. The military always has a plan you know. They just don't always execute it.

I'm sorry if I sound harsh sometimes and thank you for your reasoned response. I'll leave you to your research...

Cheers, L.D.

Let me rephrase.

I will assert that the poll is dodgy for the following reasons:

1) The poll company was started one week before the coup, and the poll company owner works for the Army (according to his linked in page http://imgur.com/UlHpJ5Z). This could cause bias, and should at least be stated when poll results are released, for full transparency.

2) The survey sample is only local leaders, who have a vested interest in showing support, both for job security, and the threat of the "re-educuation" sessions. This is in no way a representative sample of the population.

3) In the last month, there have been multiple incidents where the official version of events (koh tao" / "Italy protests" / "meetings with Japan" to name 3) have been significantly diferrent to international events, which leads to the assertion that news is being manipulated to present extremely favourable version of events, even when contradicted by multiple external and internal sources. As I stated earlier, I won't enter detail because this has been in numerous threads. I will leave you to your research.

"

Do you know for a fact that the opinion poll is dodgy?

Cheers, L.D.

A poll suggesting 93.3% of Thais approve of Prayuth is beyond dodgy, it's ridiculous.

Only 0.01% (pretty much just you) of educated Westerners could ever buy it.

What on earth makes you think the large portion of the population that stood up and fought for their rights whilst being gunned down in the streets by their own military would approve of the current situation?

I do remember comments (from Suthep) that planning for the coup began way back in 2010.

No need to apologise.

It's not that you sound harsh, it's more that you sound.......well I guess ill informed and ignorant is the nicest way to say it.

You don't need to ask for forgiveness, you already have our pity.

How is the poll absurd? Like I said... get the demographics.

"What on earth makes you think the large portion of the population that stood up and fought for their rights whilst being gunned down in the streets by their own military would approve of the current situation?"

Tarit tried to push those charges as well when he was in charge of DSI and the pressure from Suthep was on. He got nowhere in the courts or in the opinion of the Thai public.

I don't remember a coup being planned in 2010... I was here then just as I am now. Give us a fact!

"well I guess ill informed and ignorant is the nicest way to say it.

You don't need to ask for forgiveness, you already have our pity."

Hmmm... I didn't ask for your forgiveness and I doubt that you have pity for anyone but yourself.

By the way... Who is us?

• Like 1

"

Cheers, L.D.

A poll suggesting 93.3% of Thais approve of Prayuth is beyond dodgy, it's ridiculous.

What on earth makes you think the large portion of the population that stood up and fought for their rights whilst being gunned down in the streets by their own military would approve of the current situation?

I do remember comments (from Suthep) that planning for the coup began way back in 2010.

No need to apologise.

It's not that you sound harsh, it's more that you sound.......well I guess ill informed and ignorant is the nicest way to say it.

Its actually a bad thread - it makes you feel like your signing on to a North Korean piece

So sad ….Thailand 2014 ..Junta

Edited by Fred Flinstone

"

Cheers, L.D.

No need to apologise.

"What on earth makes you think the large portion of the population that stood up and fought for their rights whilst being gunned down in the streets by their own military would approve of the current situation?"

Tarit tried to push those charges as well when he was in charge of DSI and the pressure from Suthep was on. He got nowhere in the courts or in the opinion of the Thai public.

I don't remember a coup being planned in 2010... I was here then just as I am now. Give us a fact!

Hmmm... I didn't ask for your forgiveness and I doubt that you have pity for anyone but yourself.

By the way... Who is us?

Suthep let the cat out of the bag at the weekend. The Bangkok Post with the headline “Suthep in talks with Prayuth ‘since 2010’”

Mr Suthep broke his silence at a fund-raising dinner on Saturday night at the Pacific Club in Bangkok.

He said he chats regularly to Gen Prayuth and his team via the Line chat app.

Before martial law was declared, Gen Prayuth told me ‘Khun Suthep and your masses of PDRC supporters are too exhausted. It’s now the duty of the army to take over the task’, ” Mr Suthep said.

He had consulted Gen Prayuth since the 2010 political unrest on how to root out the so-called Thaksin regime and join hands to reform the country, fight corruption and dissolve colour-coded politics that divided Thais.

• Like 1

"

Cheers, L.D.

No need to apologise.

By the way... Who is us?

Suthep let the cat out of the bag at the weekend. The Bangkok Post with the headline “Suthep in talks with Prayuth ‘since 2010’”

Mr Suthep broke his silence at a fund-raising dinner on Saturday night at the Pacific Club in Bangkok.

He said he chats regularly to Gen Prayuth and his team via the Line chat app.

Before martial law was declared, Gen Prayuth told me ‘Khun Suthep and your masses of PDRC supporters are too exhausted. It’s now the duty of the army to take over the task’, ” Mr Suthep said.

He had consulted Gen Prayuth since the 2010 political unrest on how to root out the so-called Thaksin regime and join hands to reform the country, fight corruption and dissolve colour-coded politics that divided Thais.

That is not a fact, it's something he said according to the BP. Do you believe the BP? Did you believe everything Suthep said? Did you believe that Supthep was ever going to be the next PM? He said he had no interest in the position here were posting it as fact with lots of references to Hitler an Mussolini. You have a lot of enthusiasm and passion... That's a good thing, but your're only preaching to the choir and not winning any converts.

Edited by Local Drunk

That is not a fact,It's something he said according to the BP. Do you believe the BP? Did you believe everything Suthep said? Did you believe that Supthep was ever going to be the next PM? People here were posting it as fact. You have a lot of enthusiasm and passion... That's a good thing, but your're only preaching to the choir and not winning any converts.

The Bangkok Post, as it is in English, is not a widely read paper in Thailand so just because the story appeared in the Bangkok Post does not mean the story will be widely read. However, multiple papers have picked up on the story citing the Bangkok Post including Thai Post, Post Today, Prachachat, Khao Sod, ASTV Manager, Thai Rath, Channel 3 (although that was focused on the military denial) and Matichon amongst others.

It should be noted that Wassana of the Bangkok Post has confirmed that the Post sent a reporter to listen to Suthep speak and it was not based on some report or second hand).

• Like 1

I had plans to return, but I don't really want to move to N.Korea MKII. Sad and worrying times for Thailand.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1413698448

it made my day

Best quote I've seen in a long time:

"I want all Thais to return home," Gen. Prayuth said yesterday after returning from an international summit in Italy. "All of those who are facing charges should return home. If you are not guilty, no one can punish you."

I'm sure the two Myanmar suspects in the Koh Samui jail will find comfort in this.

• Like 1

That asiancorrespondent article is telling. I was looking forward to the PM's weekly address this past Friday in a pub and as soon as he came on, a Thai guy rushed to the counter and grabbed the control and changed the channel. Guess he was in the minority.