Manchester City

mrbojangles

4 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Don't you think Pogba deserves that tag

Pogba gets a run out occasionally I believe... shows how obscenely rich you are that nobody kicks up a fuss he's still there.

Plus he has completely disrespected your club in the past. At United he would have been out of the door. 

7 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Pogba gets a run out occasionally I believe... shows how obscenely rich you are that nobody kicks up a fuss he's still there.

Plus he has completely disrespected your club in the past. At United he would have been out of the door. 

Pogba is a record signing...shows how rich you are that nobody is kicking up a fuss about his lack of contribution.

Yaya has been with us for 8 years, so deserves some acknowledgement for his pivotal role in ending out 35 year drought. His contract was extended for this year but obviously it was always intended he would be playing as a back up. Credit where credit is due for Yaya

• Like 2

City u19s suffered a 5-4 loss to Barcelona u19s in the semi of the Eufa youth cup. Barca were leading 3-2 at the time when City received a 35th-minute red card and were up 5-2 at the interval.

Chelsea beat Porto on penalties in the other semi.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

2 minutes ago, jellydog said:

It might be easy to forget how important Yaya has been at City. 20 goals as a midfielder during the title winning 2013-14 season. Many of those goals at crucial times. Personality quirks over the years easily forgotten by me. I hope he gets a well deserved send off from the club and fans. Maybe even a birthday cake despite it not being his birthday.:clap2:

He has been a great servant to the club along with Kompay. Even if now not a regular I'm sure his input and experience  behind the scenes would be invaluable. You can't compare the likes of them and the clown Pogba. He will never get the adoration from the fans the other two have for obvious reasons. 

58 minutes ago, jellydog said:

It might be easy to forget how important Yaya has been at City. 20 goals as a midfielder during the title winning 2013-14 season. Many of those goals at crucial times. Personality quirks over the years easily forgotten by me. I hope he gets a well deserved send off from the club and fans. Maybe even a birthday cake despite it not being his birthday.:clap2:

Whatever they do they must not forget to bake him a cake.  :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

He has been a great servant to the club along with Kompay. Even if now not a regular I'm sure his input and experience  behind the scenes would be invaluable. You can't compare the likes of them and the clown Pogba. He will never get the adoration from the fans the other two have for obvious reasons. 

Totally agree.

For about 4 seasons you always felt if City needed someone to turn it around for us, it would be Yaya; he was that important to us. I have nothing but good feelings towards Yaya and great memories of him.

10 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

shows how rich you are

Let's understand the difference between United and City's wealth:

United's wealth is by and large built on performances on the pitch over the last 25 years. That's the reason why our owners were able to buy us with money borrowed from the bank - because we are a successful business which is usually no. 1 or no. 2 in the global profit table for football clubs. The sales and marketing departments have done a good job, but they are only able to build the brand thanks to the success on the pitch.

City's wealth comes directly from the kind of owners I have the least respect for. I even respect the Oligarchs more - at least they had the tenacity to exploit the break up of the USSR and build a business empire without being shot. The Arabs are not self made businessmen, or even businessmen. They are given fake titles such as CEO of XX or Chairman of XX. But we all know they are spolit, classless Arab kids sitting on wells on oil. 

• Like 1

^And YOUR opinion of Sheikh Mansour and Arabs in general is relevant here is it (a bit racist in my opinion)?

Wouldn't you prefer to chat about football on here, and not the usual whinge about finances/City's owners, i know I would. How about how do City and ManU compare currently, or, what ManU have to do to catch up? There you go, I've started off a FOOTBALL discussion. Over to you Rick.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

^You forget MrBj that Rick is only 34 years old so for most of his life he has been used to the Fergie years and being top dog. He might not know that ManU weren't bigger than City until after WW2, that after say '68 it began to unravel, with multiple managers and a relegation in '74 until theywon the title again in the 4th season of Fergies reign. Times change, Chelsea and City are the top clubs of the current decade, and a few people on this forum are in denial.

15 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Not bothered one iota what you think of our owners. They have injected the cash upfront to make us compete at the top level and we are now turning a profit so that we will be self sufficient. In 25 years we will be saying the same as the point you make. TBH Rick, your post wreaks of jealousy and bitterness that you are no longer the top dogs.

I was back in the UK a couple of weeks ago and all my cousins (on my mother's side) are life long reds. We all went out for a pint and all they can try to do now is come up with garbage like Emptyhad (notice how empty OT was when WBA beat you :smile:). My cousins hate the fact we are at the top table. For us who have had the rip taken out of us for so many years, our current position is absolute bliss.

I think you both have given a sound representation of what the general feeling is between the fans of both clubs.

6 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^You forget MrBj that Rick is only 34 years old 

Yeah... a great deal younger than those tits in the Yaya song video. Looking like grandparents joining in the dancing at a kids' party :laugh:

1 minute ago, carmine said:

I think you both have given a sound representation of what the general feeling is between the fans of both clubs.

:tongue: Yeah there ain't no love lost Carms. Probably similar to Spurs and Arsenal (or do you hate Chelsea, West Ham more) ?

20 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Not bothered one iota what you think of our owners. They have injected the cash upfront to make us compete at the top level and we are now turning a profit so that we will be self sufficient. In 25 years we will be saying the same as the point you make. TBH Rick, your post wreaks of jealousy and bitterness that you are no longer the top dogs.

21 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^And YOUR opinion of Sheikh Mansour and Arabs in general is relevant here is it (a bit racist in my opinion)?

Let's say you have 2 rich mates. One of them has come into a fat inheritance, and the other has been successful in their career and saved a lot of money up....don't you think it would be odd if the mate with the inheritance used the successful mates' wealth as a stick to beat him with?

And BB - why can't I call an Arab an Arab?

3 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Let's say you have 2 rich mates. One of them has come into a fat inheritance, and the other has been successful in their career and saved a lot of money up....don't you think it would be odd if the mate with the inheritance used the successful mates' wealth as a stick to beat him with?

He's far most prickly regards the arabs it seems than he is about unpleasant slurs to jews.....but lets not go down that road!!  :smile:

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

1 hour ago, carmine said:

He's far most prickly regards the arabs it seems than he is about unpleasant slurs to jews.....but lets not go down that road!!  :smile:

Wrong comment. Wrong to cast aspersions about someone you don't know. 

21 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

obviously City are going to strength in the off season, you have some players now that are in to their 30’s where do you see Pep reinforcing and who will be sold? 

42 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

So Rick, you don't want to talk about football then and the topics I suggested?

I tried yesterday but you lads preferred to carry on bickering with RickJames....or maybe you don't know the answer...?

23 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

obviously City are going to strength in the off season, you have some players now that are in to their 30’s where do you see Pep reinforcing and who will be sold? 

Bickering...not heard that word since I was a teenager. :smile:

I'm not one for speculation,  as I have no idea who Pep fancies, but we will buy a central midfielder to share defensive duties with Fernandinho, it's rumoured we want another wide player particularly leftsided, I would hope we could get another forward as we've been short a few times this season with one of Aguero or Jesus injured.  

Departures.

Yaya will be one.

People seem to think Zinchenko might move on for regular football but I think Pep likes him.

Bravo hopefully with Angus Gunn maybe coming through (Bryan's son, who's been on loan at Norwich). 

Kompany is an interesting one. A few months ago it looked over for him but he's come back strong. Apparently cost 8M if City want to pay him out of his last season so I reckon he'll be around.

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Kompany is an interesting one. A few months ago it looked over for him but he's come back strong. Apparently cost 8M if City want to pay him out of his last season so I reckon he'll be around.

Vinny only cost us about £7m and has won 3 PL Titles, FA Cup and 3 League Cups with us. Unfortunately, according to the most important criteria on here, it was bad business for City cos he hasn't contributed anything to our net spend!!