Manchester City

mrbojangles

4 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"we got a good deal for Mahrez" 

Carmine, ill bet even you rate Mahrez, correct? So how much would you value him at considering Leicester wanted to sell him at 90m?

The fake market will value only his ability to score or assist in goals over the next couple of years.

The real market will value those plus his sell on value.

We live in a two tier system.

33 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

When was the last time Man City sold a player for a profit?

Edit: Actually name the last five....it will keep you busy for a wee while BB. :biggrin:

Why would they though?

The point has been made before... the sign of the top level clubs (Real, Barca, PSG, City, United etc) is that they are buying players in or just before their prime. 

We can all (myself included) get on our high horse about how City came about their fortune, and their questionable take on FFP. But the fact is City's wealth is fair game in a capitalist football system. The alternative would be a franchise style system which aims to level the playing field... no thanks. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Why would they though?

The point has been made before... the sign of the top level clubs (Real, Barca, PSG, City, United etc) is that they are buying players in or just before their prime. 

We can all (myself included) get on our high horse about how City came about their fortune, and their questionable take on FFP. But the fact is City's wealth is fair game in a capitalist football system. The alternative would be a franchise style system which aims to level the playing field... no thanks. 

I don't remember getting on any high horse....its a simple question for us to ponder the results.

15 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I don't remember getting on any high horse....its a simple question for us to ponder the results.

If you did one day decide to get on that high horse, I think it would be justified. But either way City's wealth is a fact of life. 

3 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Edit: Actually name the last five....it will keep you busy for a wee while BB. :biggrin:

To be fair they have made decent returns of late. Sancho and Mooy. 

RONNIE
Edit: Actually name the last five....it will keep you busy for a wee while BB. 

Ronnie, Ronnie, Ronnie...how little you constantly show you know about City.
This season we have sold 4 players , all at a profit, totalling around 26m ( angus gunn..pablo maffeo..angelino..kayode)...all from that academy which you lot say never produces.
Last season we made profit on sales of Iheanacho, Unas and Mooy.
Think i answered your question.

23 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

RONNIE
Edit: Actually name the last five....it will keep you busy for a wee while BB. 

Ronnie, Ronnie, Ronnie...how little you constantly show you know about City.
This season we have sold 4 players , all at a profit, totalling around 26m ( angus gunn..pablo maffeo..angelino..kayode)...all from that academy which you lot say never produces.
Last season we made profit on sales of Iheanacho, Unas and Mooy.
Think i answered your question.

Never heard of any of them.

1 minute ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Quite! See my earlier comment on not knowing about City. 

Absolutely correct....no interest in your fringe semi talent since I know they will never make your first team. ?

5 minutes ago, carmine said:

Tedious, boring <deleted>, theres your answer. Happy Buddha day.

Once again you prove Carmine that you throw comments out there but when challenged on them you can only respond as above. Reminds me of a junior school kid arguing about football  in the playground, full of emotion and opinions but no knowledge why!

Happy Buddha day.

13 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Once again you prove Carmine that you throw comments out there but when challenged on them you can only respond as above. Reminds me of a junior school kid arguing about football  in the playground, full of emotion and opinions but no knowledge why!

Happy Buddha day.

Is that the time.........

10 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Why would they though?

Nail on head ?

Had to watch the City vs Liverpool game on my computer between people popping in my office and a 30 mins meeting. We seemed to have the better of the 1st half and they once Salah and Mane combined 2nd half. Zinchenko once again caught my eye, this time in a central midfield role (I'd give him another season and then decide on him - clearly talented), Nmecha did well upfront against more experienced and bigger CBs and youngster Garcia looks like he could become a very cultured CB. Good soccerball game for the septics at the game.

20 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Nail on head ?

Well i suppose you have now admitted your clubs take of FFP is questionable!  Far from being the case but its a start i suppose.?

Edited by carmine

19 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Had to watch the City vs Liverpool game on my computer between people popping in my office and a 30 mins meeting. We seemed to have the better of the 1st half and they once Salah and Mane combined 2nd half. Zinchenko once again caught my eye, this time in a central midfield role (I'd give him another season and then decide on him - clearly talented), Nmecha did well upfront against more experienced and bigger CBs and youngster Garcia looks like he could become a very cultured CB. Good soccerball game for the septics at the game.

I wouldn't be too downbeat about losing to Liverpool, remember these are just friendlies and a run out.

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Well i suppose you have now admitted your clubs take of FFP is questionable!  Far from being the case but its a start i suppose.?

Think you're  misunderstanding, again.

City didNOT agree nor did they admit that they had contravened FFP rules, the opposite is true. They chose after  great deliberation not to fight the ruling they believed to be wrong. This was reflected in the club's  statement:

"In normal circumstances the club would wish to pursue its case and present its position through every avenue of recourse," City said, explaining the decision to settle with Uefa's club financial control body. "However, our decision to do so must be balanced against the practical realities for our fans, for our partners and in the interests of the commercial operations of the club."

So neither City nor City posters on here have admitted City's take of FFP is questionable, in fact they and we consider we complied.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/16/manchester-city-fine-transfer-cap-uefa-ffp

2 hours ago, carmine said:

I wouldn't be too downbeat about losing to Liverpool, remember these are just friendlies and a run out.

Not at all downbeat and thought my comments  reflected my enjoyment  of the game. Preseason  games mean nothing generally, especially  with 16 WC players away, but they can be useful  in many ways. Last season, after losing to ManU and beating Madrid, we beat Spurs 3v0 in the game Pep credits as THE GAME he felt was when it all finally came together - thanks for  that.

2 hours ago, carmine said:

And there was me all these years, thinking you were English. The way you read and interpret posts now leads me to believe English is your third language

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Think you're  misunderstanding, again.

City didNOT agree nor did they admit that they had contravened FFP rules, the opposite is true. They chose after  great deliberation not to fight the ruling they believed to be wrong. This was reflected in the club's  statement:

"In normal circumstances the club would wish to pursue its case and present its position through every avenue of recourse," City said, explaining the decision to settle with Uefa's club financial control body. "However, our decision to do so must be balanced against the practical realities for our fans, for our partners and in the interests of the commercial operations of the club."

So neither City nor City posters on here have admitted City's take of FFP is questionable, in fact they and we consider we complied.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/16/manchester-city-fine-transfer-cap-uefa-ffp

Only at City could paying a bribe oops fine be construed as being totally innocent.

2 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Only at City could paying a bribe oops fine be construed as being totally innocent.

Only Spurs fans could deny a truth that your stadium costs have spiralled and yet throw unfounded accusations around about bribery.

4 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Only Spurs fans could deny a truth that your stadium costs have spiralled and yet throw unfounded accusations around about bribery.

Yes truth is you paid a FINE.....you don't pay FINES when you haven't done anything naughty....certainly not to the tune of 50m quid!

Anyway I am always going to poke someone when the pub isn't open yet. :biggrin:

2 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Yes truth is you paid a FINE.....you don't pay FINES when you haven't done anything naughty....certainly not to the tune of 50m quid!

And they refunded the majority of it. But that takes us away from your "bribery" accusation

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Anyway I am always going to poke someone when the pub isn't open yet. :biggrin:

The truth is we didn't  have a lot of choice...it was pay the fine even though didn't believe we'd  wronged, or not pay the fine and risk expulsion from eufa competitions. So we paid the fine when hadn't done anything naughty.

"Following a day of tense negotiations, City were issued with a final offer to be considered over the weekend, with club executives expected to liaise with the owner, Sheikh Mansour, over whether to accept the sanction or fight on. If City reject Uefa's final offer, which is not expected to differ hugely from the original proposed sanction, then the matter would be referred to the adjudicatory chamber of the CFCB, which could theoretically issue an even harsher penalty up to and including expulsion from European competition. Beyond that City could appeal against the sanction to the court of arbitration for sport."