Manchester City

mrbojangles

jesus. he's doubled in value in the last year or so.

Of course he hasn't, he's still as injury prone now as he was a year ago ( 24 starts in 19 months at WHU scoring 7 Goals ) & City have just got more money than brains...

Nice to see the AD Boys spreading the wealth... :o

14 Million Pounds for Bellamy - done deal :o , great piece of business by the hammers

Its actually 12 million. 10 million now, and 2 million later, after a certain number of appearances.

I am not a fan of his, but I think its a decent short term measure. Hopefully now there will be no more Vassell :D

My concern is that I keep reading and hearing things about Evans and Sturridge leaving. That would be a mistake, particularly re Sturridge. I think both these kids could be very, very good in a couple of years.

My concern is that I keep reading and hearing things about Evans and Sturridge leaving. That would be a mistake, particularly re Sturridge. I think both these kids could be very, very good in a couple of years.

Absolutely Jack. Although Evans hasn't set the world on fire yet, there is definately potential. And Sturridge will be a cracker in the not too distant future.

From skysports:-

De Jong mulling over City move

A bit more on this story. From skysports:-

City agree De Jong fee

Manchester City are one step closer to signing Hamburg's Nigel de Jong after agreeing a fee for his services.

The Bundesliga outfit have reached an agreement with the Eastlands club for the 24-year-old former Ajax ace's signature.

Earlier on Monday, City boss Mark Hughes confirmed his desire the sign the highly-rated defensive midfielder and now he is free to hold talks with the Holland international.

Hamburg spokesman Joern Wolf said: "The two clubs have reached agreement. Now de Jong has to agree with Manchester City."

City are currently looking to bring Brazilian playmaker Kaka to the City of Manchester Stadium, but Hughes clearly has one eye on giving greater protection to his defence in the shape of de Jong.

De Jong has spent two seasons with Hamburg after joining from Ajax in January 2006.

If City land the 24-year-old it would be their second raid on the club this term following the acquisition of Vincent Kompany in the summer.

From skysports:-

Bridge impressed by Blues

Wayne Bridge was left in buoyant mood after making his Manchester City debut on Saturday.

The England international recently joined the Eastlands revolution from Chelsea, having grown frustrated at a lack of action in the capital.

He is hoping that a move the North West will allow him the opportunity to play regular first-team football in a successful side.

The full-back certainly made the best possible start to life with his new employers, putting in a commendable display during City's 1-0 win over Wigan, with the defence under added pressure after Richard Dunne's red card.

He admits that he is not yet up to full match fitness, but expects to be back to his best in the near future.

"I thought I settled in quickly but I was exhausted at the end of the game because I haven't played for a while," Bridge told the Manchester Evening News.

"It was a great team effort and brilliant to get the three points. I will get stronger.

"They are all good lads here and training is hard work but really rewarding and though I had heard about the side maybe not possessing the ability to battle games out I saw none of that on Saturday.

"There is a great spirit amongst the boys and I think we proved that when we went down to ten men and we ground out a result. The spirit and togetherness we showed against Wigan is exactly the same as I have seen on the training ground since I arrived here. I am glad I am here.

"The team performance was terrific, we worked hard for one another and deserved our win."

Man City complete Bellamy signing

_45388966_bellamygetty282.jpg Wales international Bellamy has been the subject of repeated bids this month Striker Craig Bellamy has completed his transfer from West Ham to Manchester City for an undisclosed fee.

The Wales international, 29, underwent a medical earlier on Monday ahead of joining the eighth club of his career on a four-year contract.

He was left out of West Ham's squad for Sunday's 3-1 win over Fulham, having told club officials on Friday that he wanted to leave.

West Ham agreed a deal with City on Sunday. The fee is thought to be £14m.

Man City boss Mark Hughes, who managed Bellamy at Blackburn and during his time in charge of Wales, said: "I am delighted to be working with Craig once more.

"He is an outstanding player who provides us with qualities that we are slightly lacking.

"He has blistering pace, has bags of of enthusiasm and has a superb attitude to training. He will be a great addition to the squad."

o.gif

Bellamy joined West Ham for £7.5m last season and has previously had spells at Norwich, Coventry, Newcastle, Celtic, Blackburn and Liverpool.

Hammers chief executive Scott Duxbury told BBC Sport that he had rejected six earlier bids for the player, thought to have been from City and Tottenham.

Bellamy originally wanted to join Spurs, but once West Ham made it clear they were not going to let him join their London rivals, he agreed to link up again with countryman Hughes.

He is expected to make his Man City debut at home to Newcastle on 28 January.

Lot of cash for a guy who will probably be injured in a few weeks.

Edited by Owain

14 Million Pounds for Bellamy - done deal :o , great piece of business by the hammers

Its actually 12 million. 10 million now, and 2 million later, after a certain number of appearances.

No it's not, it's 14m but don't worry about it, you've got loads of money... :D

Refreshing to see someone such as Kaka turns down millions to remain at his club. Sends a good message.

Your'e right james. The only thing is, now i know how loyal he is, i want him even more :o

At the end of the day, all the nonsensical money aside, he's a <deleted> fantastic Footballer & would be a pleasure to watch every week...

Refreshing to see someone such as Kaka turns down millions to remain at his club. Sends a good message.

Your'e right james. The only thing is, now i know how loyal he is, i want him even more :o

Before you praise the lord, keep in mind that while 'loyalty' is the word be used alot to mark his actions, perhaps the thought of no European football this year or next and fighting for mid-table at best, played a BIG part in his decision.

Before you praise the lord, keep in mind that while 'loyalty' is the word be used alot to mark his actions, perhaps the thought of no European football this year or next and fighting for mid-table at best, played a BIG part in his decision.

spot on.see your liverpool/everton prediction spot on too,have a feeling it'l be man.u. again this year.with maybe aston villa to split the other three up.

Very true however he was loyal to Milan this year without no CL Football which is a big thing for a Club & Player as big as Milan & Kaka..

Very true however he was loyal to Milan this year without no CL Football which is a big thing for a Club & Player as big as Milan & Kaka..

True, but his prospects of returning to it are better at Milan than City I am afraid to say. Failing all this, perhaps he just likes living close to the Vatican?

Your'e right james. The only thing is, now i know how loyal he is, i want him even more :D

True, but his prospects of returning to it are better at Milan than City I am afraid to say. Failing all this, perhaps he just likes living close to the Vatican?

Or is aware how much of a sh*thole Manchester is ?? :o

Your'e right james. The only thing is, now i know how loyal he is, i want him even more :D

Or is aware how much of a sh*thole Manchester is ?? :D

Part of it is, in blue that is. :o

You obviously haven't been there for quite a while. Robinho loves it and feels safe enough that he will even take the bus. Name me a player from your team who has risked that, in your run down sh1thole of an area. :D

You obviously haven't been there for quite a while. Robinho loves it and feels safe enough that he will even take the bus. Name me a player from your team who has risked that, in your run down sh1thole of an area. :D

we don't take the bus, we crash ferraris (red ones)

Who are you? West Hams Accountant? :D .

I have seen 2 seperate newspaper articles stating 12m, one stating 10m+2m.

Someone I know connected with the club has confirmed to me 10m+2m. :D

That's cos the buses don't go to an Industrial Estate, except for match days :o

That's cos the buses don't go to an Industrial Estate, except for match days :o

but i have picture in my mind now of lil robbie sitting in the back of the bus with a scarf, hat, and sucking on his thumb.

Who are you? West Hams Accountant? :D

There are different figures, depending on which publication you read.

I have seen 2 reports quoting 12m, one of which says 10m+2m.

That second figure has been confirmed to me by someone who has connections at City :D

That second figure has been confirmed to me by someone who has connections at City :D

Am I seeing double (ref post 2474 in this thread) or did you think we missed the fact that you have connections as City?

14 Million Pounds for Bellamy - done deal :D , great piece of business by the hammers

No it's not, it's 14m but don't worry about it, you've got loads of money... :wai:

Am I seeing double (ref post 2474 in this thread) or did you think we missed the fact that you have connections as City?

Mmm,

Thought that was a bit of Mancunian wit and banter, but then realised you are a United fan :o . Sorry, dont do southern humour!!.

Thanks for pointing out my duplicate post, I hadnt realised the first post had been posted, as I have something of a dodgy connection today.

I couldnt care less about whether you missed the fact about me having connections at City, I am sure that most people who come on here have some connections at their own clubs :D

I was just correcting a previous poster, who had indicated I was wrong.

14 Million Pounds for Bellamy - done deal :D , great piece of business by the hammers

No it's not, it's 14m but don't worry about it, you've got loads of money... :jerk:

Mmm,

Thought that was a bit of Mancunian wit and banter, but then realised you are a United fan :o . Sorry, dont do southern humour!!.

Thanks for pointing out my duplicate post, I hadnt realised the first post had been posted, as I have something of a dodgy connection today.

I couldnt care less about whether you missed the fact about me having connections at City, I am sure that most people who come on here have some connections at their own clubs :wai:

I was just correcting a previous poster, who had indicated I was wrong.

Yeah, like all of our Milkman's, Sister's, Boyfriend's, PE Teachers , Brother... :D

& no i'm not West Ham's Accountant, but my Mate's Mrs is one, that's how i knew what Players would be leaving us this Transfer Window & who wouldn't be... :P

14m it is, of course you'd rather not make that public for fear of embrassing your beloved Club because they are now paying HUGELY & ridiculously inflated Prices for Players & i understand that completely..

Anyway.... :burp:

http://westhamclaretinmyblood.blogspot.com...s-west-ham.html

<H3 class="post-title entry-title">Bellamy Thanks West Ham </H3>Craig Bellamy is now a City player. Looks happy doesn't he? I'm sure he wishes it was a Spurs shirt, perhaps that's why they over-exposed the picture?

14 Million is the popular figure being banded about, although, some like Motson, believe it is more like 15M. I suppose the silver lining is that we doubled our money.

Bellamy was magnanamous and thankful regarding his career West Ham. In a statement released this evening, he said:

"I'd like to thank West Ham and their fans for the patience, care, and generosity they showed me during the hard spells over the last 18 months. Despite only playing 20 or so games, and scoring 9 goals for them, West Ham believed in me, and more importantly, paid my overinflated wages without so much as a murmur: it's really through their enduring belief that I managed to turn myself around and get through my injury riddled career in East London. Now I find myself moving into the spotlight and joining a team who are going places, albeit 3 places and 3 points behind West Ham." Later he joked that he thought the light blue of City's shirt clashed with his vampire-like pale complexion.

On Manchester City, Bellamy said, "I think it is going to be incredible here over the next couple of years. It's not just for me, you speak to anyone in the Premier League and they would want to come to Manchester City. It's rare for that to happen outside of the top four, but I think there are a lot of players who would like to come to this club. I've been given that opportunity, there are other players who would love it, and so it is up to me to make the most of it."

But according to the BBC apparently not Kaka, Boyo:

"Kaka is staying at Milan," said a club spokesman, after team owner Silvio Berlusconi told Italian television the 26-year-old had opted not to leave. City issued a statement saying they had ended talks, believing it was unlikely a deal could be struck with Milan."

Perhaps Bellamy's thought for the day should be:

"Turning down so much money is something to admire." Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi.

I have to say that 14 million for a player who is constatnly injured, has a pretty poor goal scoring ratio, and is generally a disruptive nobhead is a great bit of business for West Ham. As for City, they will have to pay over the odds for all the players they buy now, as all the clubs know how rich they are.

If Bellamy can wind his neck in, get his head down and stay fit , then he could be a great buy - but all to often the words, "unfulfilled potential" ,"&lt;deleted&gt;" and "injury prone" spring to mind.

As Sir Bobby Robson said "Bellamy could start an argument in an empty room".