Manchester City

mrbojangles

If you carry on like this i cannot see you qualifying for the Champions League....Arsenal are a better side than you are and will finish above you biggrin.png IMO of course chaps.

What are you on Red?

You do look at the table don't you? We are not playing good but are 3rd and just 2 points behind you.

As for the Champs League. We are in a group of current Champions, that's why it's a struggle. I can't see you lot doing too well when put up against proper football teams.

Agreed as of now you are but seriously i cannot see you improving with what you have bought!! and Toure will be off in january again also Silva is now struggling after a wonderful season for you,your strikers are not working together and not scoring either.

Sorry mate but i am on nothing ......just realistic with my opinions on what i have seen.

Ohh and you have an horrific injury list! tongue.png

If you carry on like this i cannot see you qualifying for the Champions League....Arsenal are a better side than you are and will finish above you biggrin.png IMO of course chaps.

Mancini gone before the end of the season.

Are you sure!! Arsenals implosion has started early this season. laugh.png

Arsenal also had a terrible start last season but came good and will do again,some quality players they have and a top top manager.....top 3 for sure. wink.png

Possibly but i do think Utd will struggle for a top four. You are a very average team.

Arsenal also had a terrible start last season but came good and will do again,some quality players they have and a top top manager.....top 3 for sure. wink.png

Possibly but i do think Utd will struggle for a top four. You are a very average team.

The Arse were helped massively last season by RVP's goals.

No get out of jail card this season for them! :D

Edited by smokie36

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gif

Wrong.

If Wilshere stays fit and calms his tackling down they will do well Quality midfield and two or three pacey wingers to feed Giroud and Podolski ......Giroud is no RVP but will come good i think.

Agreed as of now you are but seriously i cannot see you improving with what you have bought!! and Toure will be off in january again also Silva is now struggling after a wonderful season for you,your strikers are not working together and not scoring either.

What do you mean Silva is struggling after a wonderfulseason? He hasn't been playing. blink.png

Ohh and you have an horrific injury list! tongue.png

Yeah but no matter how bad our injury list is, it can never be worse than yours tongue.png

Last season bojo ...last season.

Smalling back tonight and Evans next week..Vidic at xmas, Kagawa soon enough....it will be good to have a few extra men in defence instead of playing Carrick and Valencia there as cover biggrin.png

OH and our new signing should be back next week!

united-new-signing.jpeg

Edited by MrRed

This is one of those posts that need to be bookmarked, and at the end of the season when Mancini is lifting the Premiership Trophy with City again, and then make you eat humble pielaugh.png .

I wish I had the patience to trawl through all the crap you and nev came out with at the beginning and during last season.... Better than Morecombe and Wiselaugh.png

• Like 1

RVP and Ferguson aside, I think average is giving them credit!!

Two sloppy goals to let in, especially when totally against the run of play. We equalised, had a goal rightfully dis-allowed that would have stood in 50% of circumstances. Then we had a perfectly good goal ruled off side and a blatant penalty waved away at the death. There's nowt you can do when luck is against you.

Their 2 goals were a complete joke.

Its sometimes difficult as a manager to admit you have brought someone in who cannot do the job. I think Mancini must admit to himself that by bringing in the defensive coach who speaks no English, he has made a mistake. Zonal marking?? Lets just forget about the guys who run out of the zone? It looked to me as though the City defence were organised, but clueless as to what to do with a runner.

Both goals there wasnt a defender within 2 yards of the scorer each time.!! Gregucci aint doing his job and he needs the boot.

City were the better team. Ref was poor, not just in getting crucial decisions wrong, but there were several fouls against City that he didnt see. But swings and roundabouts, I guess. Just not getting the rub of the green in Europe.

Totally agree about the defensive coach. Since he came, what was our strong part of the game has disappeared. I'll take the swings and roundabouts for the fouls but the major decisions is hard to take.

I was wondering whether yourself and Jack are seeing signs of Mancini being under more pressure than usual?

Definitely.

But I think the odd outburst is entertaining... Very Italian..laugh.png

These last few days he has definitely been more uppity, though. His point is that he is now being castigated in the press regarding the link to the Monaco job last year and other bits of nonsense.

I think he is peeved that he is just not getting the respect I believe he deserves.

Its one thing castigating the likes of Hughes, who has never won anything as a manager. But when they start on the likes of Mancini or Wenger, and even your own boy AVB, who have a good track record in management, I just think it begins to get on Mancinis t#ts!!

I think he is peeved that he is just not getting the respect I believe he deserves.

Its one thing castigating the likes of Hughes, who has never won anything as a manager. But when they start on the likes of Mancini or Wenger, and even your own boy AVB, who have a good track record in management, I just think it begins to get on Mancinis t#ts!!

I still think it's early days in Mancini's management career, about ten years i think, and no matter what success he has had, i still think he has stuff to prove. Telling people, look at my track record and give me respect, doesn't always earn it, and that is kind of what he seems to be doing of late, or at least suggesting.

Comparing him to Wenger is somewhat unfair on Wenger, who has been in the business getting on for 30 years and i think has had his management skills tested and challenged a little more vigorously. No, he hasn't always been successful, but i'm not sure if another manager in his position would have fared any better. I can't express the same sentiments about Mancini. Had someone else been managing City last year, could they have done as well as him? I'm pretty sure a lot of managers would have done.... heck some managers might even have won the league without having to worry about goal difference.

Edited by rixalex
  • Like 2

I still think it's early days in Mancini's management career, about ten years i think, and no matter what success he has had, i still think he has stuff to prove. Telling people, look at my track record and give me respect, doesn't always earn it, and that is kind of what he seems to be doing of late, or at least suggesting.

Comparing him to Wenger is somewhat unfair on Wenger, who has been in the business getting on for 30 years and i think has had his management skills tested and challenged a little more vigorously. No, he hasn't always been successful, but i'm not sure if another manager in his position would have fared any better. I can't express the same sentiments about Mancini. Had someone else been managing City last year, could they have done as well as him? I'm pretty sure a lot of managers would have done.... heck some managers might even have won the league without having to worry about goal difference.

Maybe, maybe not. Its easy to make an assumption, but many managers have been given money and failed.

Point is Mancini created history. First time in 40 yrs that City won the league. That is what he should be given credit and respect for.

At no stage has he said he is the best manager in the world..... all he wants is the respect for what he has done.

Manchester City were wrongly denied a goal and a penalty against Ajax, says Graeme Souness

Sky Sports' Graeme Souness says Roberto Mancini was right to feel aggrieved by the refereeing decisions that all-but ended Manchester City's Champions League ambitions this season.

Mancini was livid with the officials after a strike from Sergio Aguerospacer.gif was ruled out for offside and Mario Balotellispacer.gif was denied a penalty during City' 2-2 draw with Ajaxspacer.gifat the Etihad Stadium - a result that leaves them bottom of Group D and eight points behind leaders Borussia Dortmund.spacer.gif

City still have a distant chance of making the knockout stages if they beat Real Madridspacer.gif and Dortmund in their remaining two fixtures, but Souness said the officials had got both controversial decisions wrong, which had cost Mancini's men a crucial victory.

Of Aguero's disallowed goal, he said: "It was a great goal and I don't see it as being offside. It could have been the winner for them. It is a great finish because he is under a challenge as well. That for me was a perfectly good goal."

And on claims Balotelli was hauled down in the box, he said: "It looks a certain penalty. We were in doubt whether he gets a bit of a hand on it when it pops up but nevertheless he has been totally man-handled."

Full story:- http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11979/8231250/Manchester-City-were-wrongly-denied-a-goal-and-a-penalty-against-Ajax-says-Graeme-Souness

Maybe, maybe not. Its easy to make an assumption, but many managers have been given money and failed.

Point is Mancini created history. First time in 40 yrs that City won the league. That is what he should be given credit and respect for.

At no stage has he said he is the best manager in the world..... all he wants is the respect for what he has done.

Come on mate what credit does he want, money bought you the league and he just happened to be in charge, lesser manager could have done the same and by maybe more than goal difference.

Come on mate what credit does he want, money bought you the league and he just happened to be in charge, lesser manager could have done the same and by maybe more than goal difference.

Its posts like this, from a United fan, that makes winning the League this year, all the sweeter clap2.gif

All excited as you just beat Bragarolleyes.gif and deluding yourself that you have a good teamlaugh.png .

Fact is you have an average team, an exceptional manager, and you will win Sweet FA this year. AGAIN

Its posts like this, from a United fan, that makes winning the League this year, all the sweeter clap2.gif

All excited as you just beat Bragarolleyes.gif and deluding yourself that you have a good teamlaugh.png .

Fact is you have an average team, an exceptional manager, and you will win Sweet FA this year. AGAIN

So you have won the league already ha ha ha laugh.png

And what will city winlaugh.png you have had one lucky season on par with Blackburns win now, and you think you will win it againbiggrin.png

Its not all about having galactico's you have to have team spirit something city lack.

So you have won the league already ha ha ha laugh.png

And what will city winlaugh.png you have had one lucky season on par with Blackburns win now, and you think you will win it againbiggrin.png

Its not all about having galactico's you have to have team spirit something city lack.

You say they lack team spirit?blink.png

Have you actually watched any City games nev?

Distinct lack of team spirit to score with the last kick of the game against QPR? Or to win against Fulham, scoring twice in last 10 minutes? Or coming back from 2-0 down against Ajax, then being denied the win by a knob of a ref? Yeh sure mate, I can see the lack of team spirit every time we play.cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Maybe a different manager could have achieved the same, maybe more or maybe nothing at all. The fact is, Mancini did and so it's a stupid argument nev. It's like saying a different manager at United could have got more silverware than SAF has. Apart from knowing the obvious, i.e. United will not play against 11 men this year,tongue.png nobody has the benefit of crystal balls.

Maybe a different manager could have achieved the same, maybe more or maybe nothing at all. The fact is, Mancini did and so it's a stupid argument nev. It's like saying a different manager at United could have got more silverware than SAF has. Apart from knowing the obvious, i.e. United will not play against 11 men this year,tongue.png nobody has the benefit of crystal balls.

Now all this is interesting because of the two of them i see Nev more as an Ernie Wise and Red as a bolt on Eric Morcombe.

Are you allowed to refer to balls on this newly sanitised forum Bo? Should it not be Nev's crystal testicles?

• Like 1

Now all this is interesting because of the two of them i see Nev more as an Ernie Wise and Red as a bolt on Eric Morcombe.

Are you allowed to refer to balls on this newly sanitised forum Bo? Should it not be Nev's crystal testicles?

typo

Edited by alfieconn

Funny that Carms. I always viewed them as the 2 Ronnies.

And Balls can stand smile.png

typo

Is that your new manager?

Bring me sunshine...........

Morecambe-%26-wise_skip-dance.jpg

Another little milestone man city are bang on coarse to make,,,, the worst points tally by an English club in the champions league EVER !!!!!!!!

Brave statement to make from a football fan whose team isnt even in the Champions Leagueohmy.png

And whose team is playing that same team this weekendcool.png