Manchester City

mrbojangles

Another little milestone man city are bang on coarse to make,,,, the worst points tally by an English club in the champions league EVER !!!!!!!!

Brave statement to make from a football fan whose team isnt even in the Champions Leagueohmy.png

And whose team is playing that same team this weekendcool.png

clap2.gif 'a brave statement', giggle.gif it 's a fact, and has nothing to do with Tottenham, Its about your team trying its best to be an embarrassment to English football, there we go just another milestone for you to

remember, , all the money u throw at the team, and you still stand to be the worst team that England have EVER had in the

champions league. Truly a moment to remember indeedclap2.gif

• Like 1

Another little milestone man city are bang on coarse to make,,,, the worst points tally by an English club in the champions league EVER !!!!!!!!

Brave statement to make from a football fan whose team isnt even in the Champions Leagueohmy.png

clap2.gif 'a brave statement', giggle.gif it 's a fact, and has nothing to do with Tottenham, Its about your team trying its best to be an embarrassment to English football, there we go just another milestone for you to

remember, , all the money u throw at the team, and you still stand to be the worst team that England have EVER had in the

So who is using the brain cell tonight?

Rather than getting your knickers in a twist, lets see what happens with 2 games to go.

More interesting, lets see what happens in about 18hrs from now.jerk.gif

So who is using the brain cell tonight?

Rather than getting your knickers in a twist, lets see what happens with 2 games to go.

More interesting, lets see what happens in about 18hrs from now.jerk.gif

clap2.gif

50 lines by ko 2 moro; 'I jack and danny support the team that is to become the worst English team ever to grace the champions league'cheesy.gif

• Like 2

Interesting to read that City are talking to representatives of Falcao!!! So what is it....lose a couple of CL games, play under par in the league but still unbeaten and yet this brings about another huge spending spree!!!!!!!!!!!!! So let me see this right; if were not winning everything we'll spend spend spend until we have bought all the best players so we have to win. blink.png

City and the chavs are turning the sport into a financial circus. Surely it would be easier just to sack Mancini and pay Mourinho whatever he demands, 12m a week or something like. And atleast the press conferances would be funnier rather than Mancini's tantrums and demanding respect and all that twaddle.

• Like 1

Interesting to read that City are talking to representatives of Falcao!!! So what is it....lose a couple of CL games, play under par in the league but still unbeaten and yet this brings about another huge spending spree!!!!!!!!!!!!! So let me see this right; if were not winning everything we'll spend spend spend until we have bought all the best players so we have to win. blink.png

City and the chavs are turning the sport into a financial circus. Surely it would be easier just to sack Mancini and pay Mourinho whatever he demands, 12m a week or something like. And atleast the press conferances would be funnier rather than Mancini's tantrums and demanding respect and all that twaddle.

Yep carms, the eyeties days are numbered, with Guardiola waiting in the wings or perhaps Jose if he gets to the end of the season !

Yep carms, the eyeties days are numbered, with Guardiola waiting in the wings or perhaps Jose if he gets to the end of the season !

I don't think the bookies would even offer a price on Mancini and that bloke at Chelsea still be in charge come next season. To be fair, Pep and Mourinho offer more personality than the other two. Pep to the chavs and Morinho to City is a win double. I wonder if the bookies would give a price on which one manages to spend the most. biggrin.png

Edited by carmine

Blimey Spuds. What's all this. We haven't even kicked off yet and I can feel the hatred on here this morning.

Its certainly not hatred mate. Just a feeling of disillusion

looks like we are going into this with a rather weakened side and i'll be delighted with anything from this one. Expecting City to put on a strong showing after the midweek disappointment. Possible that AVB will also spring a couple of surprises in his team selection.

I do hope we start with Adebayor. He'll give the game a little extra edge methinks

Edited by carmine

Blimey Spuds. What's all this. We haven't even kicked off yet and I can feel the hatred on here this morning.

Its certainly not hatred mate. Just a feeling of disillusion

looks like we are going into this with a rather weakened side and i'll be delighted with anything from this one. Expecting City to put on a strong showing after the midweek disappointment. Possible that AVB will also spring a couple of surprises in his team selection.

I do hope we start with Adebayor. He'll give the game a little extra edge methinks

I'm looking forward to this one. There is no pressure on us today and our away form has been good this season. Also we have scored in every game.

Another stat for mrboj to consider!

Although I'd like to see them answer rij!! clap2.gif

I tend to agree with the Spurs boys your little dalliance with the Champions League is poor for sure and the only way you ARE going to do better is by the chairman getting his cheque book out again.

Because i don't see anything coming through your academy as we have talked about before and if they do Mancini is to scared of losing to give them a chance!! wink.png

Maybe in 10 years from now when your planned superdooper youth policy/system gets all the best youngsters from over the world because you will then be the biggest and best and not forgetting most successful club in the history of......................FFP laugh.png

Sorry was you dreaming?

• Like 1

Red, I am amazed at the audacity you have coming on here saying that, with the group you are in. 2 years on the bounce we have had the group's of the death, which would be a struggle for ANY english team to have qualified from. I feel disappointed if we don't qualify but feel no disgrace whatsoever.

You go on about history in the CL getting the best seeding. Well, in my view, that is Baloney and just heavily biased to teams that aren't even current champions. I don't mean to get on Arsenal's back in particular but why exactly are they in pot 1? They haven't done anything for about 8 years but because they keep on doing ok in easy CL groups they get a good seeding again for next year. It's ridiculous.

• Like 1

Red, I am amazed at the audacity you have coming on here saying that, with the group you are in. 2 years on the bounce we have had the group's of the death, which would be a struggle for ANY english team to have qualified from. I feel disappointed if we don't qualify but feel no disgrace whatsoever.

You go on about history in the CL getting the best seeding. Well, in my view, that is Baloney and just heavily biased to teams that aren't even current champions. I don't mean to get on Arsenal's back in particular but why exactly are they in pot 1? They haven't done anything for about 8 years but because they keep on doing ok in easy CL groups they get a good seeding again for next year. It's ridiculous.

I would do away with the seedings altogether.

Also MrRed £30m Rooney comes back to bite yer bum again and again. Not forgetting £30m Berbatov....my personal favourite that of course. biggrin.png

So basically you want an easy draw and don't think to win it you basically have to beat the best in the end anyway.....moaning over drawing certain teams is absolute tosh mate and you know it,get a grip.....your manager at the moment is crap and you are not a big enough club to get seeded yet because wait for it......................you won nothing for 35 years!!!!!!! one year as champions and you expect seeding and last year you was crap in it also. Arsenal at least have some history.

• Like 1

So basically you want an easy draw and don't think to win it you basically have to beat the best in the end anyway.....moaning over drawing certain teams is absolute tosh mate and you know it,get a grip.....your manager at the moment is crap and you are not a big enough club to get seeded yet because wait for it......................you won nothing for 35 years!!!!!!! one year as champions and you expect seeding and last year you was crap in it also. Arsenal at least have some history.

So what you're saying is theres no difference or relevence to having to play the likes or Real Madrid or say Braga? Cobblers Red and you know it.

Smokie do one mate ...i have never said we don't spend but what we also do is have a youth policy..........wink.png

And we continue to spend although everyone keeps telling us we have no money!! tongue.png

Yes mate, your youth policy is supporting half of the lower Prem clubs I agree. thumbsup.gif

Smokie do one mate ...i have never said we don't spend but what we also do is have a youth policy..........wink.png

And we continue to spend although everyone keeps telling us we have no money!! tongue.png

Well judging by the amount of youth players in your first team maybe somethings gone amiss!!! Smalling, Jones, De Gea, Sweet Pea, the two Brazillian dwarfs that play in defence, all came through the Utd youth ranks did they.

Are you for real Red? That is nothing like what I was saying. I know you have to beat the best teams but this subject arose from us probably not qualifying out of the group stages. All i'm saying is, if we kept on getting easy groups like you and Arsenal etc, we'd qualify also. How do you think you would have faired against Real Mdrid, Ajax and Dortmund?

And BTW, even in our difficult group last year, we weren't cr4p. We got 10 points which isn't cr4p by any means and would normally have been enough to qualify.

You've been pretty crap all season though to be fair mrboj....not as entertaining as last year. Just my observation....you have bought poorly too, but I think you lot already know that.

I'm simply saying by comparison before you feed me to the camels.....! biggrin.png

No......But Wellbeck.....Cleverly........Evans........Giggs and Scholes did wink.png importantly we buy a lot of youngsters as you have just mentioned and give them a chance in the first team smile.png

You will note we are doing the same mate with some success now! smile.png

Are you for real Red? That is nothing like what I was saying. I know you have to beat the best teams but this subject arose from us probably not qualifying out of the group stages. All i'm saying is, if we kept on getting easy groups like you and Arsenal etc, we'd qualify also. How do you think you would have faired against Real Mdrid, Ajax and Dortmund?

And BTW, even in our difficult group last year, we weren't cr4p. We got 10 points which isn't cr4p by any means and would normally have been enough to qualify.

No group is easy is it? look at the group we got knocked out of last year!! It didn't look to difficult did it? To win it you eventually have to beat the top teams especially in the knock out stages.

But you didn't qualify last year or this.

Edited by MrRed

So what you're saying is theres no difference or relevence to having to play the likes or Real Madrid or say Braga? Cobblers Red and you know it.

post 7404

No group is easy is it? look at the group we got knocked out of last year!! It didn't look to difficult did it? To win it you eventually have to beat the top teams especially in the knock out stages.

But you didn't qualify last year or this.

I give up. Carry on in yer bubble mate. It must be very calm and soothing in there blink.png

• Like 1

You've been pretty crap all season though to be fair mrboj....not as entertaining as last year. Just my observation....you have bought poorly too, but I think you lot already know that.

Bit harsh there Smokes. I'd agree that we aren't as entertaining as last year but to be called cr4p is very harsh. Especially as we are 3rd, 5 points from the top and a game in-hand, and (touch wood) the only team left thus far who hasn't been beat. Not exactly cr4p when you look at it really.

Edit:- oh yeah and don't forget all the injuries we have and have had. More than anybody and more than since the records began. Oh no, that'll be Man United tongue.png

post 7404

As i have already said, Southampton reserves could have won your group.

Apologies though. i concede Giggs and Scholes are homegrowm! cheesy.gif

Edited by carmine

Also MrRed £30m Rooney comes back to bite yer bum again and again. Not forgetting £30m Berbatov....my personal favourite that of course. biggrin.png

Different clubs up and down the country have always have different levels of spending power. Nothing new in that. Spurs can buy players that Charlton can't dream of. Make any comparison you like. No two teams are the same. Never have been.

What has changed though is that before, a club's spending power was closely connected to how well run it was as a business, and how well run it was on the pitch by the manager, and how well the players performed. So if a club did well in all those departments, it could climb up the league and the reward for that was usually increased spending power. Of course there were other factors involved, but generally that is the way it worked. Still does for some clubs. You do well, you get rewarded.

What happens now though, for some clubs, is that suddenly, overnight, their spending power goes through the roof, and with that sudden massive spending power, they don't buy the odd big money marquee signing, they sign a whole team of them, plus another team to sit on the bench just in case. And how does that happen? Some rich bloke with too much free time on his hands thinks it would be laugh to own a team and buy up all the best players and win everything. Great for the fans of the lucky club for which this happens, and most fans would just do what Chelsea and City fans have done, and just enjoy it. Don't blame them for that. But what has happened to those clubs and how they have got to where they are now, is not the same as the way United are where they are today. Suggesting such is plain wrong. If you can't appreciate the difference then take off your ABU glasses and think about it again. wink.png

Edited by rixalex
  • Like 1

I would do away with the seedings altogether.

Berbatov for 5 Million to Fulham was a steal after yesterday you should be unhappy that he never went back to the Spurs....you need somebody like him up front.