Manchester City

mrbojangles

Homegrown indeed not forgetting Wellbeck Cleverly and Evans wink.png and a few more coming through biggrin.png

Cleverly is nearly 24 and born in Basingstoke. Joined United when he was about 17. Not exactly home grown is it? Does he still have a cockney accent?

Evans is nearly 25 and born in Belfast. Joined United, what 6 years ago at 19. Not exactly home grown is it? Does he still have an Irish accent.

The only one there who you could slightly say is home grown is Wellbeck and he joined at 16/17. But at least from Manchester.

Your idea of buying young players and then labelling them as home grown, is a tad mis-leading Red.

Although I'd like to see them answer rij!! clap2.gif

I'm not wasting my time smokes. It must surely just be a wind up post that even you guys are embarassed about.

No wind up bo, youve got 2 points with 2 games to go, the worst total EVER total has been 6, and you've got real Madrid at home and b. Dortmund away!!! So repeat after me ' I support the team that is preparing itself to be the most expensive and the worst ever team from England to grace the champion s league'w00t.gif Thought i'de add the most expensive to give it a bit more substance!!!tongue.png

The phrase "you don't know what your doing" springs to mind bojo .....

Evans was about 10 when United signed him up,he played in my sons team.

Cleverly was about the same

Wellbeck was about 14

Giggs and Scholes where baby's laugh.png

Unless now you are moving homegrown to just the area or even the City.....you would be well <deleted> then biggrin.png

From your website Red:-

6. Jonny Evans

Birthdate: 03 Jan1988

Birthplace: Belfast, Northern Ireland

Position: Defender

Appearances 137

Goals Scored 3

Joined United: 01 Jul 2006

United Debut: 26 Sept 2007 v Coventry City (H)

International: N. Ireland

23. Tom Cleverley

Birthdate: 12 Aug 1989

Birthplace: Basingstoke

Position: Midfielder

Appearances 25

Goals Scored 2

Joined United: 01 Jul 2005

United Debut: 7 Aug 2011 v Man City (N)

International: England

6. Jonny Evans

Appearances 137

Goals Scored 3

23. Tom Cleverley

Appearances 25

Goals Scored 2

Oi! You told me to stop upsetting Man U fans with facts! Hypocrite! :-)

6. Jonny Evans

Appearances 137

Goals Scored 3

23. Tom Cleverley

Appearances 25

Goals Scored 2

Absolute rubbish and you know it.

After starting his career in the youth setup at Bradford City, Cleverley joined Manchester United at the age of 12. Between 2007 and 2009 he played for Manchester United's reserve team, wink.png

Evans was scouted while playing for Greenisland FC, the same club that his brother, Corry, and Craig Cathcart played for before moving to Manchester United. At the age of nine, he was invited to attend the Manchester United Centre of Excellence in Belfast, before being invited for a trial in Manchester a year later. Rule changes within The Football Association at the time meant that clubs were limited to players who lived within an hour and a half of the club, so Evans' opportunities were limited. However, the Evans family soon relocated to Manchester, allowing Jonny to train with Manchester United full-time wink.png

Wellbeck

Born in Longsight, Manchester, England, to Ghanaian parents,Welbeck was first spotted by Manchester United as a six year-old.He joined United during the 2005–06 season,making his debut for the club's Under-18 side on 8 April 2006 in a league match against Sunderland wink.png

Edited by MrRed

Oh. So Evans doesn't say "t'be sure, t'be sure" and Clevs doesn't say "you norvern fekkin mankey" . Give over Red, they ain't homegrown. They are from around the UK and you bought them. It really is mis-leading how you try to paint them as home grown.

6...9.....and 12 then what more can United do get them at conception! tongue.png get your facts right mate biggrin.png

Blimey Spuds. What's all this. We haven't even kicked off yet and I can feel the hatred on here this morning.

Blimey Spuds. What's all this. We haven't even kicked off yet and I can feel the hatred on here this morning.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Excuses are starting b4 they get the whooping!!!

Thats why we are champions!!

Despite a horrible performance by the referee.

Beat a well organised Spurs team. Controlled the game.

So there you go rijiit, I am sure the only reason we beat you is because we are pants, worst team Europe has ever seen etc, etc, etc.

Still unbeaten. Onwards and upwardsclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

• Like 1

So there you go rijiit, I am sure the only reason we beat you is because we are pants, worst team Europe has ever seen etc, etc, etc.

Rubbish the ref had a good game and so did the much maligned linesman ......see you still have to have a moan ...classless bitters!

Rubbish the ref had a good game and so did the much maligned linesman ......see you still have to have a moan ...classless bitters!

I am not talking about the offsides... they were spot on. Spurs were well organised at the back.

I am talking about the stonewall penalty in the first half, and several fouls, particularly the one where Adebayor committed GBH on Zabaleta.

How can I be bitter? We won you numptywhistling.gif

I'm gonna keep schtum at the moment.

I'm gonna keep schtum at the moment.

Who decided to make this game 45 mins each way anyhow? Surely 40 would have done....tongue.png

A word to the wise Jack; You are starting to sound like City's new version of a RAG. wink.png

A word to the wise Jack; You are starting to sound like City's new version of a RAG. wink.png

Carms, I think with the baiting rijjit has done this week, jack is within his rights to shove it to him.

As for the game. It was a good close game. Adebayor is a cheating diving git who was lucky to not get carded. I thought he would come back to haunt us but he was cr4p and I'm glad we got shut. I did think there was 2 stone wall penalties. The handball from Gallas and the one where Huddlestone never even went for the ball and just barged Zabaletta. Overall, I thought we deserved the win.

Not at all!!

Look at the cr@p that has been written on here the last week, especially from your buddy rijiit.rolleyes.gif

I am not gloating, we won a game we deserved to win, against a well organised Spurs team. Its all doom and gloom, according to some punters, yet we are still the only unbeaten team in England.

Cant I sound happy? Or do I just keep quiet and only come on when I want to moan?

Carms, I think with the baiting rijjit has done this week, jack is within his rights to shove it to him.

As for the game. It was a good close game. Adebayor is a cheating diving git who was lucky to not get carded. I thought he would come back to haunt us but he was cr4p and I'm glad we got shut. I did think there was 2 stone wall penalties. The handball from Gallas and the one where Huddlestone never even went for the ball and just barged Zabaletta. Overall, I thought we deserved the win.

I agree City deserved the win. I'm just a little disappointed because at full strength i think we could have got something out of the game. City are simply too strong a side to field a weakened team against and Silva being back was something i wasn't expecting. This should not be taken as excuses because its not, its the way it is.

i think City will be very difficult to beat over a season although you seem strangely reliant on Silva to make you click which surprises me with the depth of your squad. I think he's possibly your most important player

i think City will be very difficult to beat over a season although you seem strangely reliant on Silva to make you click which surprises me with the depth of your squad. I think he's possibly your most important player

I agree Silva is an important player and we have missed him, who wouldn't? But I think we've done ok in the Prem without him, it's probably the CL where we have missed him the most.

Not at all!!

Look at the cr@p that has been written on here the last week, especially from your buddy rijiit.rolleyes.gif

I am not gloating, we won a game we deserved to win, against a well organised Spurs team. Its all doom and gloom, according to some punters, yet we are still the only unbeaten team in England.

Cant I sound happy? Or do I just keep quiet and only come on when I want to moan?

To be fair i'm surprised you can understand what Rij says...i can'tlaugh.png

Anyway, stop moaning

Who decided to make this game 45 mins each way anyhow? Surely 40 would have done....tongue.png

article-2231655-15F8AB3C000005DC-770_634x346.jpg

Is this the type of inspiration that will get you past Utd this season? He's starting to look a fool and not worthy of the "respect' he so craves.

Is this the type of inspiration that will get you past Utd this season? He's starting to look a fool and not worthy of the "respect' he so craves.

You think he was sleeping?

Even you are not that daft carmine.

If you watched the game, as I did, you are well aware of what he was doing. City missed a chance and he closed his eyes and slid down the chair in frustration. Its amazing, he cant do right for wrong. If he jumps up and starts acting all Italian, doing his mama mia bit, thats wrong. If he sits down all quiet, then he is not showing passion. For sure he has the team behind him, as after half time City invariably come out and play better.

Anyway, I dont know how a Spurs fan can come on here and criticise our managers mannerisms, after AVBs embarrassing jig and air punching when they beat Unitedlaugh.png

You think he was sleeping?

Even you are not that daft carmine.

If you watched the game, as I did, you are well aware of what he was doing. City missed a chance and he closed his eyes and slid down the chair in frustration. Its amazing, he cant do right for wrong. If he jumps up and starts acting all Italian, doing his mama mia bit, thats wrong. If he sits down all quiet, then he is not showing passion. For sure he has the team behind him, as after half time City invariably come out and play better.

Anyway, I dont know how a Spurs fan can come on here and criticise our managers mannerisms, after AVBs embarrassing jig and air punching when they beat Unitedlaugh.png

biggrin.png Calm down. Atleast he's refrained from standing on the touchline signalling the official trying to get a player sent off. Thats just rude! whistling.gif