Manchester City

mrbojangles

Yes, but they usually don't for offsides. Afterall, that is one of the main jobs of the linesman and he usually has the best position and line of sight.

You're quite right they usually don't......but...

but.......the ref wouldn't go against the linesman on something as tight a call as the other day.

Yes, but they usually don't for offsides. Afterall, that is one of the main jobs of the linesman and he usually has the best position and line of sight.

but.......the ref wouldn't go against the linesman on something as tight a call as the other day.

Was Ashley Young offside when RVP actually struck the ball?

http://www.101greatg...oal-v-man-city/

Looks onside here

http://soccer.indone...nchester-derby/

But here it says; "His celebrations were short-lived, though, as the offside flag went up immediately to deny him the goal, and, in truth, neither he nor his teammates particularly appealed the decision—but the video above shows that they should have".

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1438387-manchester-united-denied-goal-by-wrong-offside-flag-seconds-before-city-score

Edited by uptheos

When I click the link, just a red "X" appears.

But that's by-the-by. We were talking about decisions made by linesmen and whether the ref overules or not.

FWIW. When I saw it replayed he did look to be on-side but it was marginal and the linesman/ref can't be blamed. We have had loads also go against us but this to me, is why i support the use of technology. I would sooner us not be having this debate and rather have the correct decision made at the time when it counts.

Looks onside here

http://soccer.indone...nchester-derby/

But here it says; "His celebrations were short-lived, though, as the offside flag went up immediately to deny him the goal, and, in truth, neither he nor his teammates particularly appealed the decision—but the video above shows that they should have".

http://bleacherrepor...fore-city-score

I have already agreed, that after seeing a freeze frame , he is onside by a knee.

But it was the linesmans decision. When has a referee ever overturned an offside decision? I have never seen it.

Fast forward to Yaya. Referee should have been patient and had the balls to not blow his whistle and wait about 4 seconds. That was his fault, not the linesmans. So to answer your point b4 it was a lot more serious error of judgement from the ref, than Youngs goalthumbsup.gif

I provided a link to the document but my comments were about the Banning orders. That was the subject I was talking about.

Exactly what I said then. Selective Quotes. You supplied a link to a document but then want to quote one single figure in isolation and totally ignore all the other stats provided in that document that are related to it.whistling.gif

They are current "live" banning orders. Banning Orders are time limited and expire whilst also new ones can be issued.

It's a rolling figure and your guys currently have 98 "live" banning orders and we have 47. There ain't no manipulation going on here, they are what they are.

True, even lifetime bans expire when the person diesthumbsup.gif. There're on the 'live list' for a long time though. It would be interesting to see over what period of time these bans relate to and when they were issued (for both clubs) because, lets face it, unlike some other clubs, we've always had a massive fan base and that's bound to attract the odd bad apple over past 20+ years of continual and unrivalled success.

And like I said, when you look at last years stats and take the massive crowd difference into account Man C are no better than Man U

A crime BAN is a crime BAN, is a crime BAN, is a crime BAN. It doesn't matter one jot where you commit it.

Man C pitch invader:- Your honour,I know I ran on the pitch to get at Rio Ferdinand but please don't ban me, The police only arrested me because they're United fanssad.png

Man C coin thrower at his appeal hearing:- You've got to overturn my lifetime ban. The Judge only banned me because SAF paid him to. And after all I was the only successful one, there were at least nine other people who threw coins at Ferdinand and everybody else missed. It was only me who got him in the eye.clap2.gif

I won't even joke about the Man C racist, he's just the scum of the earth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!bah.gif

I provided a link to the document but my comments were about the Banning orders. That was the subject I was talking about.

Exactly what I said then. Selective Quotes. You supplied a link to a document but then want to quote one single figure in isolation and totally ignore all the other stats provided in that document that are related to it.whistling.gif

They are current "live" banning orders. Banning Orders are time limited and expire whilst also new ones can be issued.

It's a rolling figure and your guys currently have 98 "live" banning orders and we have 47. There ain't no manipulation going on here, they are what they are.

True, even lifetime bans expire when the person diesthumbsup.gif. There're on the 'live list' for a long time though. It would be interesting to see over what period of time these bans relate to and when they were issued (for both clubs) because, lets face it, unlike some other clubs, we've always had a massive fan base and that's bound to attract the odd bad apple over past 20+ years of continual and unrivalled success.

And like I said, when you look at last years stats and take the massive crowd difference into account Man C are no better than Man U

A crime BAN is a crime BAN, is a crime BAN, is a crime BAN. It doesn't matter one jot where you commit it.

Man C pitch invader:- Your honour,I know I ran on the pitch to get at Rio Ferdinand but please don't ban me, The police only arrested me because they're United fanssad.png

Man C coin thrower at his appeal hearing:- You've got to overturn my lifetime ban. The Judge only banned me because SAF paid him to. And after all I was the only successful one, there were at least nine other people who threw coins at Ferdinand and everybody else missed. It was only me who got him in the eye.clap2.gif

I won't even joke about the Man C racist, he's just the scum of the earth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!bah.gif

The city fan who ran on the pitch has had his season ticket taken off him and banned for life, that will save him a from a life of misery following city tongue.png

The city fan who ran on the pitch has had his season ticket taken off him and banned for life, that will save him a from a life of misery following city tongue.png

That's an old but true joke and before the tide turned. Now you lot are worried but one things for sure, the lad won't go and watch your lot.

That's an old but true joke and before the tide turned. Now you lot are worried but one things for sure, the lad won't go and watch your lot.

You know, its so true, times have changed.

Gone are the days where I would have been reasonably ok with a 3-2 defeat by United. Gone are the thoughts of 'Well at least we didnt get battered" or "Well at least we dont play United every week"

This time around I fully expected us to win. We should have won, and we deserved to have won.

United are worried about us now, more than ever before.

Its great to be a City fan, especially nowsmile.png

Gone are the days where I would have been reasonably ok with a 3-2 defeat by United. Gone are the thoughts of 'Well at least we didnt get battered" or "Well at least we dont play United every week"

This time around I fully expected us to win. We should have won, and we deserved to have won.

.....especially if you can retain low expectations.

I think they are a shadow of last year's side and I am not sure Mancini will be at the helm at the end of this season. I hope I am proved wrong.

I think they are a shadow of last year's side and I am not sure Mancini will be at the helm at the end of this season. I hope I am proved wrong.

I hope you're not proved wrong, Mancini IMO has dropped some clangers and I think it time to get someone in who can really work with the quality Man City have got. Several players need offloading at a loss, Balotelli, Dzeko, Nasri. It's not beyond the realms of impossibility, for Man City to get both Ronaldo and Mourinho from RM.......then they would have some outfit!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, brilliant, best post I have seen in a long long time...!!!

RATFLMFAO <-------- I learnt that today.. ;)

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

redrus

Manchester City midfielder Gareth Barry has been charged with misconduct by the Football Association.

The charge relates to an incident which occurred after City were beaten 3-2 at home in the derby against Manchester United.

The FA has taken action "for a breach of its Rule E3 in that he used abusive and/or insulting words towards a match official

Edited by uptheos

Not often I agree with Gary Neville, but this time he is spot on.

I can count on one hand the number of games where Nasri has played above average.

http://www1.skysport...ys-Gary-Neville

We dodged a bullet not signing Nasri, thanks blueswink.png

Another example of a player that was good during the season that he decided to put himself in the shop window.

Can't believe that Barry got a one match ban for using abusive language after the Derby, at the 4th official.....wait for it.....Clattenburg !! So at least 2 or 3 United players have been over looked for inciting the crowd but Gareth Barry says a swear word and gets a one match ban.

It's ridiculous, you see players using "abusive" language all the time during a game. This is setting a very dangerous precedent cos that type of punishment after a match must equate to a Red card if it happens on the field.

Can't believe that Barry got a one match ban for using abusive language after the Derby, at the 4th official.....wait for it.....Clattenburg !! So at least 2 or 3 United players have been over looked for inciting the crowd but Gareth Barry says a swear word and gets a one match ban.

It's ridiculous, you see players using "abusive" language all the time during a game. This is setting a very dangerous precedent cos that type of punishment after a match must equate to a Red card if it happens on the field.

First of all, Gareth Barry is one of the more milder City players, ie less likely to be abusing match officials. Secondly I can understand him abusing the ref, who was plain awful, but what is he abusing Clattenberg for? I dont recall Clattenberg having any part of any of the bad decisions?

I think whoever gets Clattenberg for a ref in the next few weeks had better be careful. I think that going through his mind is the bad way he was treated at Chelsea and the subsequent enquiry. I think that he will be issuing straight reds all over the place if anyone even looks at him in a bad way. He probably thinks that why bother to have banter or even talk to these overpaid pr!cks, after what happened with Mikkel. No talk, just straight red.

I see he doesnt have a game this week, just 4th official at ReadingV Arsenal

What amazes me even more, is that I have not seen ONE FA representative or anyone from referees association, come out and condone the Uniteds players actions of inciting the crowd.... not one!!

I had a mate at the match and he said that the players were celebrating DIRECTLY in front of the City fans, AT the City fans, not in front of their own fans. So that nonsense I read about Ferdinand being in front of his own fans when he got struck, is newspaper BS again

What amazes me even more, is that I have not seen ONE FA representative or anyone from referees association, come out and condone the Uniteds players actions of inciting the crowd.... not one!!

I had a mate at the match and he said that the players were celebrating DIRECTLY in front of the City fans, AT the City fans, not in front of their own fans. So that nonsense I read about Ferdinand being in front of his own fans when he got struck, is newspaper BS again

Because they have better things to do, football is a passionate game, do you want to stop players from celebrating a last minute winner against there local rivals? just another nail in the coffin of football that would be.

If city scored a last minute winner in front of the stretford end i would have no problem of city celebrating, as for in front of city fans from what i have seen in front of united fans and because the city fans are right next to the united fans of course it will look to you lot like that.

Anyway you have your financial report come out and all you can talk about is thiswink.png

• Like 1

The question shouldn't be "why did Barry get a one match ban for abusing an official' but rather "why don't they all get a one match ban for abusing an official"

Hopefully its the first of many.

But thats my point.

Why would you abuse the 4th official? He didnt make any decisions, or influence any decisions!

I just read a report today that states that Clattenberg apparantly made a sarcastic remark to Barry who responded by telling him to &lt;deleted&gt; Off. How true that is I dont know.

But I suspect whenever Clattenberg refs again, there will be a red card for dissent. Fair enough if consistency prevails

Anyway you have your financial report come out and all you can talk about is thiswink.png

Thanks for the lead in, nev.

It makes good reading. We are now recognised as one of Europes elite thumbsup.gif

Long ways to go before we reach Barca and Real Madrid, but we are making progress.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/top-football-stories/record-231m-turnover-confirms-manchester-city-as-one-of-europe-s-elite-1-2693602

Can't believe you bitters on here.......you got beat get over it!!

Barry got yellowed in the match so if he abused the assistant after it he deserves a one game ban.I remember his face when he got booked for barging Rooney to the ground....he looked demonic and it is no surprise that he carried it on .....like yourselves the players where absolutely gutted cheesy.gif at the way in which we won it at the death.

As far as Mancini coming out and saying what he has said it will be no shame if he was fined by the FA also playing on the happenings at Chelsea for his teams benefit....disgusting behavior from the Italian and his demeanor week in week out on the touchline is showing what a &lt;deleted&gt; of a (man)manager he is.

What evidence have City got to show that United's players celebrated directly in front of bitters? for the winning goal they ran to celebrate with the United fans behind the goal,that is all i have seen and Rio got hit from the fan throwing a coin at the side near the corner flag where United's fans where also,another bitter excuse really isn't it boys?rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Anyway you have got over one of the worse weeks in your life now gents and can look forward to a game at the Geordie's biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Happy Christmas to all .......Santa is a RED!

• Like 1

Thanks for the lead in, nev.

It makes good reading. We are now recognised as one of Europes elite thumbsup.gif

Long ways to go before we reach Barca and Real Madrid, but we are making progress.

http://www.scotsman....elite-1-2693602

Playing with figures to try and fit in with FFP mate, ii am sure you are in Europes elite after the worst ever performance by a english team in the champions league, the big clubs must be quaking in there bootsbiggrin.png