Manchester City

mrbojangles

Dont really think its the linesmens business frankly regardless if i agree with his sentiments.

football official proving he is a human being? am all for it myself.

Yes ok, thats fair enough.

Albeit I agree with the sentiments I find it strange that he had to or felt the need to say it. City players always go and clap the fans at away matches.

• Like 1

Dont really think its the linesmens business frankly regardless if i agree with his sentiments.

football official proving he is a human being? am all for it myself.

Yes ok, thats fair enough.

Albeit I agree with the sentiments I find it strange that he had to or felt the need to say it. City players always go and clap the fans at away matches.

Think he was just busying himself, i would have told him to piss off if i was a city player !

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1

not all and not always. see no harm in reminding millionaire players how much their supporters have paid to be there today - excluding travel, food and drink costs.

not all and not always. see no harm in reminding millionaire players how much their supporters have paid to be there today - excluding travel, food and drink costs.

The linesman in question has been disciplined and will miss his next scheduled match. Nice move. Linesman are expected to do their jobs and shaddap.thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

The linesman in question has been disciplined and will miss his next scheduled match. Nice move. Linesman are expected to do their jobs and shaddap.thumbsup.gif

woe betide any official that speaks ill of the premier league brand. makes me want to puke.

And city are still paying him 40,000 quid a week, i heard he is a alcoholic?

here's your answer:

Michael Johnson released as Manchester City finally lose patience

• Johnson offered a severance package before Christmas

• Midfielder last played for the club in October 2009

Daniel Taylor: nothing big time about this sorry descent

Michael Johnson, once tipped as an England international and one of the best young players to emerge through Manchester City's academy in the past decade, has been paid off from his contract after the club finally ran out of patience with him.

Johnson, convicted of two drink-driving offences last September, was offered a severance package from his £40,000-a-week contract just before Christmas, after several years of decline. The club decided not to announced it publicly but it has come to light now after a photograph of the 24-year-old appeared on the internet looking bloated and unfit.

Once the subject of a £10m bid from Liverpool, the former England youth international has suffered a series of injury problems but he also caused considerable disquiet behind the scenes because of his attitude towards being a professional footballer and, specifically, his fondness for a night out.

His last appearance for the club was as a second-half substitute in a Carling Cup tie against Scunthorpe in October 2009. Sven-Goran Eriksson once said he would not swap Johnson even for Steven Gerrard but the days when he was described as "the new Colin Bell", breaking into City's first team at the age of 18, were short-lived.

Roberto Mancini and his predecessor, Mark Hughes, both concluded that Johnson did not have the personality to play football at the highest level. At one point City were so embarrassed by his unkempt state in his pen-pic club sources say the photographer was asked to come back to take it again.

Johnson was moved to Leicester City two years ago, on a season-long loan that cost the Championship club £1m, but was signed off, then sent back, at the midway point.

After that, almost nothing had been heard of him until he crashed his car, over the drink-drive limit, in Manchester last May. It was one of two occasions when he has been arrested for drink-driving in the space of three months, leading to a £5,500 fine and three-year driving ban.

Edited by StevieH

here's your answer:

• Johnson offered a severance package before Christmas

• Midfielder last played for the club in October 2009

Daniel Taylor: nothing big time about this sorry descent

Michael Johnson, once tipped as an England international and one of the best young players to emerge through Manchester City's academy in the past decade, has been paid off from his contract after the club finally ran out of patience with him.

Johnson, convicted of two drink-driving offences last September, was offered a severance package from his £40,000-a-week contract just before Christmas, after several years of decline. The club decided not to announced it publicly but it has come to light now after a photograph of the 24-year-old appeared on the internet looking bloated and unfit.

Once the subject of a £10m bid from Liverpool, the former England youth international has suffered a series of injury problems but he also caused considerable disquiet behind the scenes because of his attitude towards being a professional footballer and, specifically, his fondness for a night out.

His last appearance for the club was as a second-half substitute in a Carling Cup tie against Scunthorpe in October 2009. Sven-Goran Eriksson once said he would not swap Johnson even for Steven Gerrard but the days when he was described as "the new Colin Bell", breaking into City's first team at the age of 18, were short-lived.

Roberto Mancini and his predecessor, Mark Hughes, both concluded that Johnson did not have the personality to play football at the highest level. At one point City were so embarrassed by his unkempt state in his pen-pic club sources say the photographer was asked to come back to take it again.

Johnson was moved to Leicester City two years ago, on a season-long loan that cost the Championship club £1m, but was signed off, then sent back, at the midway point.

After that, almost nothing had been heard of him until he crashed his car, over the drink-drive limit, in Manchester last May. It was one of two occasions when he has been arrested for drink-driving in the space of three months, leading to a £5,500 fine and three-year driving ban.romisin

Sad for the lad, hope h does not piss all his money up the wall.

Thanks for that info too.

here's your answer:

Sad for the lad, hope h does not piss all his money up the wall.

Thanks for that info too.

Yeah, it's not nice to see any young talent go to the wall. He used to drink in my local and he's quite a nice chap but from what I saw of him, he's quite easily led and I have no doubts that money will be gone sharpish.

woe betide any official that speaks ill of the premier league brand. makes me want to puke.

Huh? I didn't read it like that at all, Stevie. Red revolutionary looking for the anti-capitalist angle?laugh.png

An official who shows over-familiarlty with one team and some implied criticism of another has to be disciplined for potentially demonstrating bias, whether real or not, whether completely unthinking or not. I would have said the same if he had said something to Arsenal players that obliquely implied some criticism of another team - eg hard luck guys, guess its tough beating the moneybags teams these days.

Edit: I'm afraid I'm a bit of a sport purist. Officials should be formal with players not cosying up to them like best mates. All that is needed at the end of a match is a handshake and a 'good game lads'. I recognise that would not be a popular view amongst many football supporters who regard the officials' personalities and their 'involvement' in the game as all part of the theatre that sells the Premier League - but if you are one of those, don't come bleating when it backfires with criticism of the theatre-owner if he wants to protect his revenue stream.

Edited by SantiSuk
  • Like 1

Glad that justice has prevailed.

From skysports:-

Manchester City captain Vincent Kompany escapes suspension as panel upholds appeal against Arsenal dismissal

Vincent Kompany has successfully appealed his sending-off against Arsenal at the weekend.

The Manchester City captain was shown a straight red card after referee Mike Dean ruled he had gone into a tackle with Jack Wilshere with both feet off the ground.

But Roberto Mancini confirmed in the aftermath of a 2-0 win that City would fight the decision, and an appeal was lodged with the Football Association on Monday.

And a statement on the FA website read: "An Independent Regulatory Commission has upheld a claim of wrongful dismissal." Kompany, who was facing a three-match suspension, will now be available for Saturday's home game against Fulham.spacer.gifthumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Manchester City captain Vincent Kompany escapes suspension as panel upholds appeal against Arsenal dismissal

Vincent Kompany has successfully appealed his sending-off against Arsenal at the weekend.

The Manchester City captain was shown a straight red card after referee Mike Dean ruled he had gone into a tackle with Jack Wilshere with both feet off the ground.

But Roberto Mancini confirmed in the aftermath of a 2-0 win that City would fight the decision, and an appeal was lodged with the Football Association on Monday.

And a statement on the FA website read: "An Independent Regulatory Commission has upheld a claim of wrongful dismissal." Kompany, who was facing a three-match suspension, will now be available for Saturday's home game against Fulham.spacer.gifthumbsup.gif

And so it should have, if that was a bad tackle football is bloody dead as a tackling game, it was a full blooded tackle that years ago no one would have blinked a eye, the game is going to soft as it is with all the divers who with the slightest touch throw themselves to the ground.

• Like 1

And so it should have, if that was a bad tackle football is bloody dead as a tackling game, it was a full blooded tackle that years ago no one would have blinked a eye, the game is going to soft as it is with all the divers who with the slightest touch throw themselves to the ground.

Blimey nev. I've got a good feeling about this year. That's twice this yea we have agreed with each other and it's only the 16th Jan biggrin.png

Think he was just busying himself, i would have told him to piss off if i was a city player !

And maybe head butted him too! biggrin.png

Probaly would have not gone that far ups !!!!!!

Not even if you were a city player? wink.png

Imagine what this linesman is going to be like if he becomes a fully blown ref !!! ( excuse the terminolgy )

Looking more and more likely that Pep might take over the reins in the summer. Is his command of the English language better than Mancini's ? Mancini is painful to watch.

So waddaya think ? Pep at City, United win out, Ferguson heads off into the sunset, and the special one comes to Old Trafford.w00t.gif

Looking more and more likely that Pep might take over the reins in the summer. Is his command of the English language better than Mancini's ? Mancini is painful to watch.

So waddaya think ? Pep at City, United win out, Ferguson heads off into the sunset, and the special one comes to Old Trafford.w00t.gif

That would be an interesting head to head.

But maybe the special one will bring Ronaldo with him and then they'd have the special two. biggrin.png

Maybe Mancini can say 'pizza off' to Balotelli before leaving and do Man City a favour.

More likely to be the other away round. I don't think the special one is right for OT, and i think the board knows that. The new man would have to be someone who could cope with the shadow of SAF. The special one couldn't. Plus he would be wanting an unlimited budget to sign whomever he wished. City would be a better fit for him.

More likely to be the other away round. I don't think the special one is right for OT, and i think the board knows that. The new man would have to be someone who could cope with the shadow of SAF. The special one couldn't. Plus he would be wanting an unlimited budget to sign whomever he wished. City would be a better fit for him.

I hope you are wrong. I'd hate to see Mourinho at City. Plus, I don't think the shadow of SAF would bother him at all. Is there anything that bothers Mourinho other than being lectured for being an arsehol_e ? Maybe not that as well.

I hope you are wrong. I'd hate to see Mourinho at City. Plus, I don't think the shadow of SAF would bother him at all. Is there anything that bothers Mourinho other than being lectured for being an arsehol_e ? Maybe not that as well.

I'd hate to see him at United too, so looks like nobody wants him biggrin.png ... as far as him not being bothered by a shadow is concerned, is there any other manager out there who needs to be the centre of attention more than him? I don't think so. Having to share limelight and having to at the least, take into consideration someone else's view... nah i don't see that working for him. Plus there is the budget restrictions thing i already mentioned. City is a shoe-in for me, for Mourinho. I think you'll most likely get him, whether you like it or not.

Pep is spending his year off with his family in New York City so I would assume he has a good command of the language and may even be taking advanced lessons to improve or just improving by using English every day in his daily life.

Looks like he's not perfect but does well enough here:

Pep is spending his year off with his family in New York City so I would assume he has a good command of the language and may even be taking advanced lessons to improve or just improving by using English every day in his daily life.

Looks like he's not perfect but does well enough here:

Hmmm...not much of an upgrade from Mancini, though the jury is out. As you point out, navigating the Big Apple daily might help, or depending on who he is listening too...maybe not.biggrin.png

Hmmm...not much of an upgrade from Mancini, though the jury is out.

I don't think the jury is out for any of the boards of any of the clubs throughout Europe. I don't think there is a single club that wouldn't sign him up in a heart beat if the opportunity presented itself. City would be lucky to get him in my opinion. He'd almost be worth it just for the players he would attract, never mind how he manages!

I'd hate to see him at United too, so looks like nobody wants him biggrin.png ... as far as him not being bothered by a shadow is concerned, is there any other manager out there who needs to be the centre of attention more than him? I don't think so. Having to share limelight and having to at the least, take into consideration someone else's view... nah i don't see that working for him. Plus there is the budget restrictions thing i already mentioned. City is a shoe-in for me, for Mourinho. I think you'll most likely get him, whether you like it or not.

I would not be at all surprised if City and Mourinho is a done deal. Mores the question is whether Guardiola is stupid enough to go to Chelsea. although if the health of Barcaøs manager deteriorated further i could see him going back there but i digress.

That would be an interesting head to head.

But maybe the special one will bring Ronaldo with him and then they'd have the special two. biggrin.png

Maybe Mancini can say 'pizza off' to Balotelli before leaving and do Man City a favour.

Does anyone want to buy Balotelli.

I would not be at all surprised if City and Mourinho is a done deal.

Agreed although i hope not. Whilst i don't think that long term he would be much good for the club, short term i reckon he would do well and most likely be good for at least one Premiership title. Prefer it if they keep Mancini.

Agreed although i hope not. Whilst i don't think that long term he would be much good for the club, short term i reckon he would do well and most likely be good for at least one Premiership title. Prefer it if they keep Mancini.

I would have thought the owners have been advised that Mancini has taken them as far as he can. Performances in europe have not been good enough and training ground spats like his recent one with that clown Balotelli donøt do much to sell his leadership qualities. Could anyone imagine such an incidence involving ferguson or Mourinho. Interestingly it was Mourinho wasnøt it who ditch Mario as basically a rotten apple.

I would have thought the owners have been advised that Mancini has taken them as far as he can. Performances in europe have not been good enough and training ground spats like his recent one with that clown Balotelli donøt do much to sell his leadership qualities. Could anyone imagine such an incidence involving ferguson or Mourinho. Interestingly it was Mourinho wasnøt it who ditch Mario as basically a rotten apple.

With Mancini, one wonders exactly what a player would have to do, to get the boot... seems like it would be quite a challenge. Not sure that even shagging his missus would have the desired effect.

guardiola to city. everything about their recent recruitment strategy points to it.