Manchester City

mrbojangles

He will force himself into a star studded team & win trophies . His rise will coincide with the rise of City. He is at the right place at the right time with the skills to be the best

I can't make head nor tail of the quotes Ups.

However, in fairness to Mario on the above. Albeit he didn't force his way into the regular team, he was integral in the final day of last season where he did the final assist to Aguero that won us the prem. Upto that point it looked like we had blown it. In addition to the Prem Title, he also got a medal and was man of the match in the FA Cup we won in 2011. The first silverware we had won for decades. So he got the trophy's you mention. I ain't gonna be too hard on him cos he was part of the squad that ended our silverware drought.

Plus. He scored 2 goals at Old Trafford in the 1-6 drubbing we gave them, which was their worst home defeat since the 50's. Which funny enough, we also won that one 0-5. Just saying. biggrin.png

It was just from some conversations where I said Balotelli will not make it in the EPL and we would have discussed a certain wager, but of course that's not allowed. I thought he was massively over rated from day one, I couldn't see the 'world class' in him that others seem to think he possessed (or wanted to think). I also said somewhere that Mancini wouldn't be around - I'm still confident of that one albeit a few months late.

Sorry Mr B I'm too old and un American to count 'assists' in the game of football. What is an assist anyway? The brilliant 60 yard pass to the winger that decimates the defence plan , the fantastic mesmerising dribble by the winger beating three men before crossing, or the simple head down or tap on for someone else to smash the ball in the net?

http://www.bbc.co.uk...europe-21269119

And he thought it was bad here!

After playing for Inter before something tells me this lad is going to be in for an even rougher time in Italy with his attitude.

"I'd wanted to play for Milan for such a long time," said the 22-year-old.

"Obviously I played for other teams and couldn't come. But when there was the chance, I ran."

He ran. Manchester to Milan. And there was me thinking City were the ones desperate to get rid of him. biggrin.png

Edited by rixalex

After playing for Inter before something tells me this lad is going to be in for an even rougher time in Italy with his attitude.

He certainly commands attention. But I don't know what you mean about him having a rougher time with his attitude.

Just read that Mancini is promoting John Guidetti to the first team to replace Balotelli.

Potentially huge news. This boy, when fit, is a monster. Was scoring for fun for Feyenoord last year... almost a goal a game.

Sure to get some game time, even as a sub, which will do him the power of good

• Like 2

Just read that Mancini is promoting John Guidetti to the first team to replace Balotelli.

Potentially huge news. This boy, when fit, is a monster. Was scoring for fun for Feyenoord last year... almost a goal a game.

What with Lescott and Tevez, do you really need any more monsters? biggrin.png

He certainly commands attention. But I don't know what you mean about him having a rougher time with his attitude.

Well being honest he demands attention and playing before for Inter and now AC well the writing is on the wall isn't it?

Massive! looking forward to see him play??

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/21303506

The Italy striker was paraded by his new club on Friday and did not shy away when asked what he liked and disliked most about England.

"Good things? Only when I get to Carrington to train, so my team-mates and manager," he said.

"Bad things? Everything else - press, weather, food, the way you drive."

Taking a parting shot on his way out. Well what a surprise.

Press? Might be largely crap but it's hardly as if he made any effort to stay off the front pages.

Weather? Did he come for a holiday?

Food? Not enough money to dine in the best restaurants?

The way we drive? Are you <deleted> kidding me?! An Italian having a crack at English driving?! A man who has had his car impounded thirty odd times and has had thousands of pounds worth of parking tickets for repeatedly parking on double yellows.

First class idiot. Best of luck Milan. You're gonna need it.

Could have said it better myself. Useless, uphimself blowhard and a boil on the arse of the premier league.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

Press:- He's absolutely spot on. And we all know it. The English press belong in the gutter and make things up as they go along. The majority (not all) of what they reported on him was made up. And TBH, it's the same with you lot on here. The lad has left the country and given an interview like everyone else does. He's not been scathing about life in the UK but you guys feel it is newsworthy to comment on here.

The way we drive:- He's from abroad where they drive on the other side of the road <deleted>. Every Saudi who I work with say the same when they visit the UK and I said the same when I first came here.

Food:- English food (if there is such a thing nowadays) isn't much good really, is it? That's why a Curry has overtaken our national dish. Look at all the foreign restaurants in the country. They are doing business for a reason. Also, anybody who moves to a new country misses the food from back home. Again. A non news story.

Weather:- Really, are you being serious that he can't slag off the English weather. laugh.png Honestly, a Saudi came to me only half an hour ago and asked me the best time of the year to go to England, when the weather is nice. How on earth can I answer that one.

Press:- He's absolutely spot on. And we all know it. The English press belong in the gutter and make things up as they go along. The majority (not all) of what they reported on him was made up. And TBH, it's the same with you lot on here. The lad has left the country and given an interview like everyone else does. He's not been scathing about life in the UK but you guys feel it is newsworthy to comment on here.

The way we drive:- He's from abroad where they drive on the other side of the road <deleted>. Every Saudi who I work with say the same when they visit the UK and I said the same when I first came here.

Food:- English food (if there is such a thing nowadays) isn't much good really, is it? That's why a Curry has overtaken our national dish. Look at all the foreign restaurants in the country. They are doing business for a reason. Also, anybody who moves to a new country misses the food from back home. Again. A non news story.

Weather:- Really, are you being serious that he can't slag off the English weather. laugh.png Honestly, a Saudi came to me only half an hour ago and asked me the best time of the year to go to England, when the weather is nice. How on earth can I answer that one.

The press in Milan will eat him alive if he starts giving it the big time Charlie that he got away with in England.........TOSSER!

Well i would of said in the summer! Three month window of milder weather with a good chance of warm sunshine in Cornwall.

And the food question you answered yourself ....plenty of Italian gaffs in Deansgate nowadays amongst others.

Please do not protect this fuc_kin idiot.

I wish i had pissed on his car now.

Pretty difficult from the boonies, I'd say Red. However, that's proof enough to me of the RAG mentality.

Come on man he farts around in a camouflaged Bentley and you think he is entitled to slag off the country and city that he played for?

A totally disrespectful piece of <deleted>....even if his car was on fire i wouldn't piss on it! tongue.png

• Like 1

Roberto Mancini smile.png

But the City boss admitted to a sadness at the departure of a player he had previously described as being "like a son" to him.

"It was good for everyone; for Mario, to take a big chance to go to Italy and play with a top club like Milan," he said. "It was important for him and for the club.

"No, we are not happy. Mario did well, maybe not in the last three or four months because of injury, but he helped us win the Premier League and FA Cup. We are sad that he leaves.

"It was difficult. It was only my decision. I believe in him and I believe for him after two years in England, it was important for him to go back to Italy."

Mancini will probably be going back to Milan himself at the end of the season.

Well i would of said in the summer! Three month window of milder weather with a good chance of warm sunshine in Cornwall.

He's not going to Cornwall but wasn't it then when they had the floods? You also said it yourself "a good chance"

That aside, I'm certainly not gonna pin my hat on to somebody and tell them when the best time to go is, cos you can be certain that it will pish it down over the fortnight you recommend.

Sorry to disagree with my City compatriot mrbojangles, but the screendoor couldn't whack Balotelli's departing ass fast enough for me. He may be more immature than actually an a-hole, but as a City fan it makes little difference to me. Not only is he woefully immature, but strikes me as being a bit of an idiot as well. I do think he will fit in better in Italy for any number of reasons. A perfect fit for a Berlusconi owned club. Maybe we will be lucky enough to see Mario and Berlusconi out on a date and yukking it up.sick.gif

• Like 1

Yeah Red, because he never played in a Red shirt, he will be scum won't he. One minute you say you wished you'd mpished on his car and the next you say you wouldn't pish on it. Arguing with that mentality is indeed futile.

tongue.png He is scum!

Or as his new owner said "a rotten apple"

Edited by MrRed

But the City boss admitted to a sadness at the departure of a player he had previously described as being "like a son" to him.

"It was good for everyone; for Mario, to take a big chance to go to Italy and play with a top club like Milan," he said. "It was important for him and for the club.

"No, we are not happy. Mario did well, maybe not in the last three or four months because of injury, but he helped us win the Premier League and FA Cup. We are sad that he leaves.

"It was difficult. It was only my decision. I believe in him and I believe for him after two years in England, it was important for him to go back to Italy."

What's your obsession with Mario? He's gone, let it lie. We aren't bothered anymore. As for Mancini, I know jack is adamant about him staying but I'm not as confident as that.

What's your obsession with Mario? He's gone, let it lie. We aren't bothered anymore. As for Mancini, I know jack is adamant about him staying but I'm not as confident as that.

Not an obsession just fact............i don't like him,and have never rated him,i also said when you signed him he was trouble and to be honest he has been.

That is why you got rid in the end isn't it? if he was successful then he would be playing every game and adored by your mates,fact is Mancini has realized he can't kid you lot anymore and keep playing papa to his rough diamond whilst the shiek payrolls him..........Expect Tevez next then Mancini. wink.png

Its an absolutely beautiful day here in Scotland today and I'm off to a proper real ale boozer to watch the footy.

Balotelli hates the food eh?

The best curry in the UK in Failsworth and I'll be enjoying that next month an all.

Happy days! :D

The press in Milan will eat him alive if he starts giving it the big time Charlie that he got away with in England.........TOSSER!

Yep. Of course the press is far from perfect in the UK, we all know that, but it's all relative. Take a look at the quality of journalism in Thailand. One thing you can say about the UK press is, if you are rich and you act like a tw@t, it will get reported and i think that is rather a good thing. And no need whatsoever for the press to make up things about Mario. What he did you couldn't make up.

Slagging off English weather is a bit of an old and boring cliche isn't it. I've stayed and lived in places in which they boast of having great weather all the time, like Australia, and found it not quite the paradise promised. No where is perfect, but at the end of the day, he wasn't going to lie on a beach, he was going to play football and make a lot of money. I understand people living on deprived run down council estates getting down with the grey drizzle, but with the money he earned, who cares about having to carry an umbrella?

And the food question you answered yourself ....plenty of Italian gaffs in Deansgate nowadays amongst others.

Yep. Variety and quality of restaurants in the UK is fantastic these days. Even pub grub can be excellent.

Please do not protect this fuc_kin idiot.

It wasn't only the press, the weather, the food and the driving he had a problem with. He hated everything in the UK besides his team mates and his manager - and i suspect he is lying to some degree about that too just so as not to burn all his bridges. Just wait until he's been in Milan a few weeks. He'll start hating everything there. Classic case of it's not me, it's everyone else syndrome, most commonly evident in petulant spotty teenagers. Good riddance.

Edited by rixalex
  • Like 1

i don't like him,and have never rated him

And that's why the discussion is futile. If he helped old ladies cross the road, you would find a negative and probably acuse him of trying to mug her.

That is why you got rid in the end isn't it?

Tricky one that Red because I personally had no great desire to keep him. But the reality is that City didn't actually want to get rid. We refused the offers from Inter and Juventus and wouldn't drop the price. It was Mario who wanted to go back to Italy and he even reduced his wages to make the deal happen. No matter what you think of him, he most certainly isn't a Rooney, who threatens to leave the club unless he gets more money. He left the club for less. But you won't see the positive what Mario did, you will just keep on drooling over Rooney.