Manchester City

mrbojangles

I see Mario has scored again, making it 4 goals in 3 matches. I said we should have kept hold of him. tongue.png

Seriously though, I am genuinely happy for the lad. I hope he keeps it up cos us who watch City regularly know he has the talent inside him. He just needs to head straight.

I see Mario has scored again, making it 4 goals in 3 matches. I said we should have kept hold of him. tongue.png

Seriously though, I am genuinely happy for the lad. I hope he keeps it up cos us who watch City regularly know he has the talent inside him. He just needs to head straight.

I always said he was quality mrboj....but I know why you ditched him....after all I will be there bery soon and two nutters in Madchester at the same time is one too many innit? tongue.png

Would anyone know if the City vs Leeds game is on TV here? I know Channel 7 have the rights, but they only showed one game last night at 1.00am! I'm guessing the City game will kick off too early to be shown live? Anyone know?

Find somewhere with astro and you should hopefully be able to watch it live. perhaps someone will confirm. The channel 7 coverage shown at 1.00am is crap imo

Find somewhere with astro and you should hopefully be able to watch it live. perhaps someone will confirm. The channel 7 coverage shown at 1.00am is crap imo

Would anyone know if the City vs Leeds game is on TV here? I know Channel 7 have the rights, but they only showed one game last night at 1.00am! I'm guessing the City game will kick off too early to be shown live? Anyone know?

I'm at home this evening with friends so it might be a case of trying to find a stream or bugaboo ... thanks anyways :-)

I'm at home this evening with friends so it might be a case of trying to find a stream or bugaboo ... thanks anyways :-)

usagoalsdotcom

Overall, very happy with that performance. Still not convinced with Garcia but he is showing some signs of improvement. Don't know if he's just going through the "new to the prem"syndrome. We'll see. As for Maicon, he couldn't pass water never mind a football.

Thanks the report BOJ. No FA Cup matches or EPL matches here, as I'm wasting away for a few days in Hanoi. I settled for Napoli vs. Sampdoria. Go figure.blink.png

Agreed about both Garcia and Maicon, and it doesn't sound like either did much to change my mind last night. Maicon, with playing time, will do something stupendous about once every three or four matches. Otherwise, he seems a liability.

Overall, very happy with that performance. Still not convinced with Garcia but he is showing some signs of improvement. Don't know if he's just going through the "new to the prem"syndrome. We'll see. As for Maicon, he couldn't pass water never mind a football.

Thanks the report BOJ. No FA Cup matches or EPL matches here, as I'm wasting away for a few days in Hanoi. I settled for Napoli vs. Sampdoria. Go figure.blink.png

Agreed about both Garcia and Maicon, and it doesn't sound like either did much to change my mind last night. Maicon, with playing time, will do something stupendous about once every three or four matches. Otherwise, he seems a liability.

I would prefer Maicon doing something stupendous from the warmth of his seat rather than letting him loose on the field. biggrin.png

Next we'll have rij claiming he's the best poster on the footie forum....

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/21492663

Apologies rij....all in good fun! tongue.png

Yes Mancini is, and a magnificent man manager aswell. blink.png

Ferguson says he learnt all he knows from himwhistling.gif

Don't upset Jack , you know he loves him 8.gif

Mancini is the best manager around....even if he says so himself.

He's starting an 'I love Mancini' campaign. wub.png

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21492663

This is an example of Mancini's uncanny tendency to make a clown of himself.

He should know that top managers wouldn't be video'd by the press playing handbags on the training pitch and rolling around in the mud with on of their players. Its laughable. i personally think he was incredibly lucky to be appointed in the first place. He's done an ok job for his ability but you do have to consider what a top manager would have done with the tools available.

And in terms of tools there was none bigger than Balotelli. He would be in better standing if he'd gotten rid of that idiot long ago.

• Like 2

I was finally able to see the goals from the game. Wonderful sleight of foot magician work by Tevez for the assist to Yaya. Reminded me of his big assist to Nasri last season.

As for Mancini, he's right in that no other manager has accomplished what he has over the past 15 months. But, why announce it ? He's got a pretty bad case of foot in mouth disease. It doesn't show any signs of getting better either.

I was finally able to see the goals from the game. Wonderful sleight of foot magician work by Tevez for the assist to Yaya. Reminded me of his big assist to Nasri last season.

As for Mancini, he's right in that no other manager has accomplished what he has over the past 15 months. But, why announce it ? He's got a pretty bad case of foot in mouth disease. It doesn't show any signs of getting better either.

No ones accomplished what he has! I bet seventeen other managers in the league would love to have had a crack with way less than half the resources he has been given. his boast is rather embarrassing despite his league win. he would have been better advised to keep his trap shut and be thankful the owners choose him for the job in the first place.

Sorry jack, just my opinion!

No ones accomplished what he has! I bet seventeen other managers in the league would love to have had a crack with way less than half the resources he has been given. his boast is rather embarrassing despite his league win. he would have been better advised to keep his trap shut and be thankful the owners choose him for the job in the first place.

Resources aside, he still got it done. Lots of clubs have the resources, United, Chelsea and others. I agree, Mancini is better off talking less, but he still accomplished more over the past 15 months than any other EPL manager. Has SAF come out and said otherwise ? For all his blathering, I doubt he would dispute Mancini's claim. He may point out that the next 15 months will look different, but the past 15 are in the books.thumbsup.gif

Resources aside, he still got it done. Lots of clubs have the resources, United, Chelsea and others. I agree, Mancini is better off talking less, but he still accomplished more over the past 15 months than any other EPL manager. Has SAF come out and said otherwise ? For all his blathering, I doubt he would dispute Mancini's claim. He may point out that the next 15 months will look different, but the past 15 are in the books.thumbsup.gif

I don't think SAF needs to come out and say anything does he.

If Mancini wants to be a legend in his own mind, that's up to him.

SAF comes out and says lots of things he doesn't need to say.tongue.png Even he would probably admit that.

What I mean is, Mancini is doing a good job at making an ass of himself without any help from SAF. wink.png

OK, hard to argue much with that.wai2.gifbiggrin.png

i suppose Mancinis got to blow his own trumpet if no one else will!! Heøs already taken too much credit than heøs due. Credit should go to the likes of Yaya Toure, Aguero for example and Wigan and Everton for creating the most bizarre Utd implosion from a twelve point lead. The question that should be asked is how the hell he allowed Utd to build such a lead in the first place.

Some might say i'm harsh but its my opinion and i'm not taking anything away from City's title, just Mancini's part in winning it which he grossly exagerates

i suppose Mancinis got to blow his own trumpet if no one else will!! Heøs already taken too much credit than heøs due. Credit should go to the likes of Yaya Toure, Aguero for example and Wigan and Everton for creating the most bizarre Utd implosion from a twelve point lead. The question that should be asked is how the hell he allowed Utd to build such a lead in the first place.

Some might say i'm harsh but its my opinion and i'm not taking anything away from City's title, just Mancini's part in winning it which he grossly exagerates

To me, Mancini is just reacting from the pressure of all the talk of him being sacked. That and the fact he's Italian, probably says it all. I suppose at least he hasn't done a Wenger (yet) and thrown a wobbly asking a reporter who's he looking at. Good response from the reporter though. "you, it's your press conference"

yes that was a good response wasn't it. I thought the Wenger press conference was great. Made an absolute fool of himself...and i loved the game last nightcheesy.gif

wenger's played enough daft games with the press over the years that it's hard to have much sympathy for him now. he's looking increasingly like a dead man walking at arsenal, but the difference between them and man utd is striking - ferguson's clearly spent several years scouting and planning who his successor will be. arsenal have nothing, no clue and no plan it seems. it's hard to picture who they would replace wenger with and would it mean ripping up the entire club/squad and starting again?

yes that was a good response wasn't it. I thought the Wenger press conference was great. Made an absolute fool of himself...and i loved the game last nightcheesy.gif

wenger's played enough daft games with the press over the years that it's hard to have much sympathy for him now. he's looking increasingly like a dead man walking at arsenal, but the difference between them and man utd is striking - ferguson's clearly spent several years scouting and planning who his successor will be. arsenal have nothing, no clue and no plan it seems. it's hard to picture who they would replace wenger with and would it mean ripping up the entire club/squad and starting again?

I never thought i'd suggest this guy but.............Moyes?

Despite all the sturm and drang, what's clear is that Wenger/Arsenal opted not to pony up the necessary $ to replace RVP and Fabregas. Two high quality players that without spending mega bucks can't be replaced. Add in Song, Clichy, Nasri and others. Whatever fantasies Wenger had about being able to compete with the big boys, without spending big boy money, have gone up in smoke. Now they have money tied up in Wilshire, Ramsey and others, without any real evidence that those players are going to be worth the investment. Barring a miracle, I'd bet on Arsenal drifting back into the pack for awhile.coffee1.gif

Now they have money tied up in Wilshire, Ramsey and others

To be fair JD, Wilshire came through the Arsenal youth academy and Ramsey cost 4.8 Mil from Cardiff.

Thanks Uptheos, but didn't these two just sign long term contracts ? Wedded with the Gunners for years ?