Manchester City

mrbojangles

Interesting that the guardian make a point that the clubs have agreed a deal, but teves hasnt http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jun/25/carlos-tevez-manchester-city-juventus

cant really see its in his interest to take that transfer NOW,,he's gonna have to take

substantial wage drop in wages circa 100 gs a week?,and lose the advantages a bosman brings

tbh i wouldnt be surprised if a loan move wasn't organised or you pay him off at a cost of what 5 to 7 mil?

or teves stays at city for another season and walks on a bosman?

I'd sooner he stayed for another season and let him have the bosnan, rather than let him go on loan. Whatever issues Carlo has, when he's on the pitch nobody can knock his effort.

yeah given the choice or having him or not from a playing point of view you have to want him, no doubts he's top draw,and thought that 2 towards the end of last season he started to get his form back,but from a financial point it dont work well towards getting your loss's down.

I'd sooner he stayed for another season and let him have the bosnan, rather than let him go on loan. Whatever issues Carlo has, when he's on the pitch nobody can knock his effort.

yeah given the choice or having him or not from a playing point of view you have to want him, no doubts he's top draw,and thought that 2 towards the end of last season he started to get his form back,but from a financial point it dont work well towards getting your loss's down.

Don't worry about the finances rij. We've probably got a multi million pound sponsorship deal lined up with the UAE's biggest Camel Milk company biggrin.png

Tevez has completed his move to Juventus on a 3 year deal. With only Aguero and Dzecko left as recognised strikers, we need to get the wallet out and give Guidetti a chance maybe?

I just think its a little too soon for Guidetti.

He had a great season with Feyenoord (20 goals in 23 games), but then last season he had a mystery illness which he has only recently recovered from.

I think maybe a 3-6 month loan to another premiership team (Sunderland were interested). Get him upto speed and see if we can give him any game time in the 2nd part of the season.

I agree the wallet has to come out!!biggrin.png

Tevez has completed his move to Juventus on a 3 year deal. With only Aguero and Dzecko left as recognised strikers, we need to get the wallet out and give Guidetti a chance maybe?

I just think its a little too soon for Guidetti.

He had a great season with Feyenoord (20 goals in 23 games), but then last season he had a mystery illness which he has only recently recovered from.

I think maybe a 3-6 month loan to another premiership team (Sunderland were interested). Get him upto speed and see if we can give him any game time in the 2nd part of the season.

I agree the wallet has to come out!!biggrin.png

it just seems like Guidetti has been around forever. maybe throw him into a cup tie. Either way. For him to have a chance to progress we have to put him out there at some point

the original article online headlined with ' they wanted me more', a real dig and sarcy comment saying he went for the most money, they've toned it down now,http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jun/26/carlos-tevez-signs-juventus-manchester-city wonder how much it cost city to get out of?, 5 mil? maybe 7? one things for sure tevez wont have lost money on it.

the original article online headlined with ' they wanted me more', a real dig and sarcy comment saying he went for the most money, they've toned it down now,http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jun/26/carlos-tevez-signs-juventus-manchester-city wonder how much it cost city to get out of?, 5 mil? maybe 7? one things for sure tevez wont have lost money on it.

From what I saw Tevez was referring to Juve vs. Milan as far as who wanted him more, not City.

From what I saw Tevez was referring to Juve vs. Milan as far as who wanted him more, not City.

Correct!

And as for how much it 'cost' City, even though I didnt want him to go from a playing point of view, from a financial point of view, it made sense. They receive 10 million now, with upto 5 million more. This was the last window we could sell him in, whereby we could get any value for him. At the same time they wipe out about 10 million off the wage bill.

City's new contracts are offering considerably less basic salaries and are more top loaded on bonuses paid for winning trophies.

I was so looking forward to Tevez in a reflective jacket picking up rubbish outside the Arndale. sad.png

Smokes-I read today that Tevez still owes the community service obligation, but that if he skips the country what are they to do ? Course, if Juve were to find themselves in England for a match, then maybe Carlitos might end up in the cooler ! Or, he could could stay back in Turin and play 18.

Correct!

And as for how much it 'cost' City, even though I didnt want him to go from a playing point of view, from a financial point of view, it made sense. They receive 10 million now, with upto 5 million more. This was the last window we could sell him in, whereby we could get any value for him. At the same time they wipe out about 10 million off the wage bill.

City's new contracts are offering considerably less basic salaries and are more top loaded on bonuses paid for winning trophies.

I realized it was milan v juve, that was the point of the sarky comment in the original article, 'they want' was alluding to they paid more, and i doubt that teves would walk away 10 down mil in wages, would you?, no doubts city would have had to pay him off. and the deal has been reported at different amounts, the guardian say specifically 7 .6 and the bbc reckon 12., the indy arnt quitee up to speed reckon 10, no mention from any 'reliable' source about add ons,

Correct!

I realized it was milan v juve, that was the point of the sarky comment in the original article, 'they want' was alluding to they paid more, and i doubt that teves would walk away 10 down mil in wages, would you?, no doubts city would have had to pay him off. and the deal has been reported at different amounts, the guardian say specifically 7 .6 and the bbc reckon 12., the indy arnt quitee up to speed reckon 10, no mention from any 'reliable' source about add ons,

How is he 10 million down in wages?blink.png

He has a 3 yr contract with Juve. He has took a wage cut but not by 10 million!!

What is a 'reliable' source nowadays?

There are plenty of reports I have read which indicate between 3 and 5 million of add ons, dependent on trophies won by Juve and how far they go in CL

Ide take the guardian indy and the bbc as the most reliable of sources available , or perhaps you could suggest better

ones?

As for wages they've reported him to be on a basic 195 ish plus add on's, i could be wrong with this one but dint it take

him last year up to 230? on 195 over the 12 months say he took 100?, takes him 6'5 down

then if he stayed 12 mths, he would have bosmaned it, so leaving early doors, left him, well you work it out , 10 mil down

i'de say was v v conservative estimate, you imagine he walked from 10 mil? dream on.

Edited by rijit

Ide take the guardian indy and the bbc as the most reliable of sources available , or perhaps you could suggest better

ones?

As for wages they've reported him to be on a basic 195 ish plus add on's, i could be wrong with this one but dint it take

him last year up to 230? on 195 over the 12 months say he took 100?, takes him 6'5 down

then if he stayed 12 mths, he would have bosmaned it, so leaving early doors, left him, well you work it out , 10 mil down

i'de say was v v conservative estimate, you imagine he walked from 10 mil? dream on.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23056298

yep as i said originally there's varied reports, but that article reckons city could save 27 mil in wages, as he's only got a year to run makes him on over a year 500 plus g's a week, so as i said if city got away with paying him off with 10 mil they'de be lucky.

yep as i said originally there's varied reports, but that article reckons city could save 27 mil in wages, as he's only got a year to run makes him on over a year 500 plus g's a week, so as i said if city got away with paying him off with 10 mil they'de be lucky.

No rijiitfacepalm.gif

What you said was.......................no mention from any 'reliable' source about add ons,

You consider the BBC to be a reliable source, so I provided you a link to their article which clearly states add ons.

Secondly, I know maths isnt your strong point, it rarely is with the poetic type. But the 27 million stated, you have to subtract the 12 million transfer fee, which leaves 15 million. Then you subtract his salary of about 10 million, which leaves circa 5 million in bonuses which would be made up of loyalty bonus (having seen out the end of his contract) win bonuses, and bonuses for trophies.

Details of his pay structure at Juve are not public, as far as I am aware, except that Tevez has took a wage cut. He felt his circle was complete at City and he wanted to move on. In the circumstances it was a good deal for both parties. Tevez wanted out, City got back book value and took a huge chunk off their wages bill. Tevez would have no need to demand any payment from City, nor would City need to give one.

• Like 1

6 '7 mil according to the guardian which makes the end result look slightly different but teves may have taken a drop in wages but,,, man city were contractually obliged to pay him for a higher wage for the coming 12 months, of any where between 6 and 10 mil depending on what figures you choose to believe, plus the bosman money and your telling me he let that drop cheesy.gif DREAM ON., City coughed

up large as per, they're just not choosing to tell, as your not choosing to see..

Edited by rijit

6 '7 mil according to the guardian which makes the end result look slightly different but teves may have taken a drop in wages but,,, man city were contractually obliged to pay him for a higher wage for the coming 12 months, of any where between 6 and 10 mil depending on what figures you choose to believe, plus the bosman money and your telling me he let that drop cheesy.gif DREAM ON., City coughed

up large as per, they're just not choosing to tell, as your not choosing to see..

You are choosing figures from ONE report to try and make your stupid point.

I referred to one source, which you considered to be reliable. Every other source except the Guardian, has the figure of 10 million plus.

His wages were around 10 million for the year.

Tevez WANTED TO LEAVE. Can you not get that into your noggin? Therefore why would City pay him to leave?

The reason City let him go was to get the 10m million, and save a further 10 million in wages. So you are saying we got 10 million for him and then put it straight in Tevez pocket, thus making no money on the deal??blink.pngblink.pngblink.png

Suggest you and peter stop sharing the brain cell and get your own.

Edited by mrbojangles

So you are saying we got 10 million for him and then put it straight in Tevez pocket, thus making no money on the deal??

Now your seeing it, and you still would have been 'quids' in,biggrin.png teves had you over barrel ie he had a really highly paid final 12 mths and you needed to be appearing to move towards ffp, even if it is, as we've finally established, a bit of token gesture.clap2.gifwhat you have got to hope for now is that the ffp people are as gullible as you are, some how i doubt it though.clap2.gif

Edited by rijit

So you are saying we got 10 million for him and then put it straight in Tevez pocket, thus making no money on the deal??

Now your seeing it, and you still would have been 'quids' in,biggrin.png teves had you over barrel ie he had a really highly paid final 12 mths and you needed to be appearing to move towards ffp, even if it is, as we've finally established, a bit of token gesture.clap2.gifwhat you have got to hope for now is that the ffp people are as gullible as you are, some how i doubt it though.clap2.gif

Spam alert.whistling.gif

Spam alert.whistling.gif

yeah the thing is jelly, is you've got up 2 maybe a billion quid over maybe 3 seasons ? in turnover and profit riding on you getting a champ league licence, cos once out, who knows what the way bac in will be, cos 100 % ffp is aimed at man city and its oik so paying tevez 5,10 even 15 mil and subliminally breaking even in a high profile deal in the grand scale of things is no biggie..

Spam alert.whistling.gif

yeah the thing is jelly, is you've got up 2 maybe a billion quid over maybe 3 seasons ? in turnover and profit riding on you getting a champ league licence, cos once out, who knows what the way bac in will be, cos 100 % ffp is aimed at man city and its oik so paying tevez 5,10 even 15 mil and subliminally breaking even in a high profile deal in the grand scale of things is no biggie..

Why the obsession as to whether we will meet FFP rijit? Why not just wait and see.

Spam alert.whistling.gif

Rijit-you can try to finagle and massage the financial figures anyway you like, but you are barking up a non existent tree. All this woofing on your part about City's finances is a waste of time and bandwidth. City management will not run afoul of the FFP.

But, I feel your pain. If were supporting Spurs I would be focusing on the money issues of any club but my own.tongue.png

the fact that your club is blatently ignoring the fair play law is irritating, but what is more of an issue for me and i cant help but challenge is the

blind stupid sense of ' what ever my club or players do is ok and in the end I just have to in the end defend it', not that i'm a great fan of either but

seems u tend not to get it in cricket or rugby union , maybe it's a 'class' issue as much as an iq or boundaries issue, but there you go.