Manchester City

mrbojangles

I guess you knew I'd like that comment Carms tongue.png

I hear Wigan are up for it big timewink.png They've seen what jonny nippons done on the asian tour and baring in mind they're average height is about 5'3" i'd say United might be a bit suspect in the air swell!laugh.png

I hear Wigan are up for it big timewink.png They've seen what jonny nippons done on the asian tour and baring in mind they're average height is about 5'3" i'd say United might be a bit suspect in the air swell!laugh.png

Pellegrini has just won his first silverware, so the pressure is on Moyes laugh.png

• Like 1

solid enuf performance by city, v difficult 2 get any idea on the new signings, the pitch was shocking, people compared it to the 70's but the ball at least went tru the mud it never frigging used to, w00t.gif . who was carried off? lets hope he's ok, oh i disagree bout dzeko, i reckon he's gonna have a big season , he's certainly due one , considering wedge spent and reputation ect ect , so far he's not quite delivered.

solid enuf performance by city, v difficult 2 get any idea on the new signings, the pitch was shocking, people compared it to the 70's but the ball at least went tru the mud it never frigging used to, w00t.gif . who was carried off? lets hope he's ok, oh i disagree bout dzeko, i reckon he's gonna have a big season , he's certainly due one , considering wedge spent and reputation ect ect , so far he's not quite delivered.

I'm due a big win on the lottery, but I doubt I'm going to get it. biggrin.png

Ankle problem for Nastasic, which means we will almost certainly be buying Pepe from RM

No clue why Dzeko would be taking the penalty. Thats the problem if you have Dzeko playing with Negredo..... both cr@p at taking penalties.

Navas would have been my choice, but there you go!!

Overall a controlled performance. Vinny looks back to his best.smile.png

Ankle problem for Nastasic, which means we will almost certainly be buying Pepe from RM

No clue why Dzeko would be taking the penalty. Thats the problem if you have Dzeko playing with Negredo..... both cr@p at taking penalties.

Is it ligament damage? Seems a bit drastic to be buying Pepe if its not a major injury

I'm due a big win on the lottery, but I doubt I'm going to get it. biggrin.png

Slightly different odds there mate, wasnt reckoned 2 have the greatest season last year but still got under 1 in 3,and seems pelligringo biggrin.png has signed/added enuf width and pace to bring the best out of a largish target man and if there's one thing he can do is finish,.needs to

cos he aint got anywhere near enuf pace, but his touch aint bad and he' looks as though he's bulked up so maybe he's a touch stronger, anyway we'll see.

Edited by rijit

Let's hope Nastasic is not badly hurt. He was one of the few bright spots last season. Please "no" to Pepe. I can't stand the goon, but he clearly is on the radar.

Let's hope Nastasic is not badly hurt. He was one of the few bright spots last season. Please "no" to Pepe. I can't stand the goon, but he clearly is on the radar.

Nastasic was one of the highlights of last season. I can't believe he wasn't on the shortlist for young player of the year. Or atleast i don't think he was was he?

francis made a good point, 4 a change , said they should have let negrado take it and get off the mark , and i make him right , 1 st goal can be an issue for a striker.

Edited by rijit
  • Like 1

Is it ligament damage? Seems a bit drastic to be buying Pepe if its not a major injury

Yeah good point carms .

francis made a good point, 4 a change , said they should have let negrado take it and get off the mark , and i make him right , 1 st goal can be an issue for a striker.

Francis does not know what he is talking about. The last person I would have taking a penalty is Negredo. He had the record of missing the most penalties in La Liga.

He will have plenty of opportunities. He hasnt even played a full game yet!! Lack of confidence isnt even on the agenda with Negredo.

They dont know the seriousness of the injury, but bearing in mind that he had problems last year with injuries and he is a young lad, I dont think they are going to want to push him. Lescott is the only other left sided centre half, so they need a replacement. They have already had advanced talks. Personally I dont like Pepe, but Pellegrini seems to rate him, so we will see.

They dont know the seriousness of the injury, but bearing in mind that he had problems last year with injuries and he is a young lad, I dont think they are going to want to push him. Lescott is the only other left sided centre half, so they need a replacement. They have already had advanced talks. Personally I dont like Pepe, but Pellegrini seems to rate him, so we will see.

you think if he was older they'de push him? what is it 120? mil in 2 ish seasons

one injury out comes the cheque book ,,, again,

you think if he was older they'de push him? what is it 120? mil in 2 ish seasons

one injury out comes the cheque book ,,, again,

Maybe they would. An older more seasoned Premiership player can obviously withstand more than a 20yr old who has played less than 25 games in the premiership.

And 'one injury, out comes the cheque book again'. Any team that wants to seriously challenge for the Premiership AND the CL has to have 2 players per position. So yeah, out comes the cheque book again.wink.png

yep agree if your gonna challenge properly your gonna have to have at least 2 players per position or a few of versatile players , but another 30 year old!!!! uve just let one 30 year c/b leave on a free and macion 31 admittedly 4 a profit,and now your buying another one at 10? mil plus,, <deleted> hand on heart jack you know as well as i do, ,the way to go is to buy younger cover and then get them experienced and ready ,and start a cycle going, start building something, and get some long term value for the money thats being spent, it dont seem to be happening.

Pellegrini has just won his first silverware, so the pressure is on Moyes laugh.png

Yes i am sure that made up for finish eleven points off in the league and getting beat by a relegated team in the Fa cup, and just like to add United picked up some two bob silverware in Australia before Pellegrini.

• Like 1

yep agree if your gonna challenge properly your gonna have to have at least 2 players per position or a few of versatile players , but another 30 year old!!!! uve just let one 30 year c/b leave on a free and macion 31 admittedly 4 a profit,and now your buying another one at 10? mil plus,, <deleted> hand on heart jack you know as well as i do, ,the way to go is to buy younger cover and then get them experienced and ready ,and start a cycle going, start building something, and get some long term value for the money thats being spent, it dont seem to be happening.

Agreed. However, if they buy Pepe, which is more like 20 mill than 10 mill, and he has 3 good years. That is allowing the 17/18yr olds that the club are now actively cultivating, to come to fruition.

There has been a big upheaval in management structure at youth level ( Viera and Wilcox in charge), and the aim is obviously to become more self sustaining. But that takes time.

So for now, 20 million is the price for an experienced CB with Champions League experience.

For me, yes they got rid of Kolo, but he is not the player he was AND he was on a lot of money. I dont like Pepe but he would definately be an upgrade on Kolo.

Yes i am sure that made up for finish eleven points off in the league and getting beat by a relegated team in the Fa cup, and just like to add United picked up some two bob silverware in Australia before Pellegrini.

I would make sure you can beat the relegated team THIS season before I started crowing.wink.png

Looking at the shambles at United, right now, I would not say that is a given!!whistling.gif

Pellegrini singing the praises of Dzeko, so I expect we will see the big goof stay. On the other hand, Dzeko does have talent, that has for me never been the issue. I hope Pellegrini can get the best out of him. All that said, will Dzeko get any more time on the pitch now than before ? Questionable, but who knows.coffee1.gif

Pellegrini singing the praises of Dzeko, so I expect we will see the big goof stay. On the other hand, Dzeko does have talent, that has for me never been the issue. I hope Pellegrini can get the best out of him. All that said, will Dzeko get any more time on the pitch now than before ? Questionable, but who knows.coffee1.gif

Personally I cant see him getting more time, unless Pellegrini plans on rotating more.

If 2 strikers are played, no way does Dzeko come before Aguero. And I dont see him getting game time in front of Jovetic and Negredo, although admittedly Jovetic can play deeper. I must admit we are stacked right now and I have no clue what Pellegrinis starting 11 would be.

Personally I cant see him getting more time, unless Pellegrini plans on rotating more.

If 2 strikers are played, no way does Dzeko come before Aguero. And I dont see him getting game time in front of Jovetic and Negredo, although admittedly Jovetic can play deeper. I must admit we are stacked right now and I have no clue what Pellegrinis starting 11 would be.

I agree Jack. I can't see Dzeko getting a lot of time. Too much talent ahead of him, and the new more expensive signings are going to be expected to play, and produce.

A problem I can see for Penguin is how does he keep everyone happy. City have a good squad and not too many players that would like to be second fiddle. So does Penguin rotate, rotate and rotate and risk his team finding rhythm, or risk players sulking by leaving them on the bench for too long, or will he be the ultimate tinkerman?

• Like 1

A problem I can see for Penguin is how does he keep everyone happy. City have a good squad and not too many players that would like to be second fiddle. So does Penguin rotate, rotate and rotate and risk his team finding rhythm, or risk players sulking by leaving them on the bench for too long, or will he be the ultimate tinkerman?

Good questions all. Nothing to do but wait and see ! I don't know if Pellegrini is big on rotating a la Benitez or not.

But nev, at least our two bob cup was officially sponsored by the Barclays Premier League tongue.png

Good questions all. Nothing to do but wait and see ! I don't know if Pellegrini is big on rotating a la Benitez or not.

It is interesting to see what he has in mind. To me, Dzecko just doesn't seem to fit with the style of the new guys. Maybe he was showing Dzecko and Nasri in the shop window..............we can but hope smile.png

The only player that i think will play all the time is Jesus he is good with crosses tongue.png and his assists record is fantastic In Spain maybe Dzecko because of his heading capability will get more game time under the Engineer ....i hope so!....interested to see who are going to be his main two strikers now or if it is going to be the same as under Mancini...ie ...nobody knew and nobody grabbed the position and made it there own,even Aguero was quiet last season really.

Whatever i still feel that United without any signings will still finish above you ...Chelsea are the real worry especially with that amazing talent in midfield to choose from.