Manchester City

mrbojangles

Pellegrini singing the praises of Dzeko, so I expect we will see the big goof stay. On the other hand, Dzeko does have talent, that has for me never been the issue. I hope Pellegrini can get the best out of him. All that said, will Dzeko get any more time on the pitch now than before ? Questionable, but who knows.coffee1.gif

Personally I cant see him getting more time, unless Pellegrini plans on rotating more.

If 2 strikers are played, no way does Dzeko come before Aguero. And I dont see him getting game time in front of Jovetic and Negredo, although admittedly Jovetic can play deeper. I must admit we are stacked right now and I have no clue what Pellegrinis starting 11 would be.

A problem I can see for Penguin is how does he keep everyone happy. City have a good squad and not too many players that would like to be second fiddle. So does Penguin rotate, rotate and rotate and risk his team finding rhythm, or risk players sulking by leaving them on the bench for too long, or will he be the ultimate tinkerman?

The only player that i think will play all the time is Jesus he is good with crosses tongue.png and his assists record is fantastic In Spain maybe Dzecko because of his heading capability will get more game time under the Engineer ....i hope so!....interested to see who are going to be his main two strikers now or if it is going to be the same as under Mancini...ie ...nobody knew and nobody grabbed the position and made it there own,even Aguero was quiet last season really.

Whatever i still feel that United without any signings will still finish above you ...Chelsea are the real worry especially with that amazing talent in midfield to choose from.

Aguero had injury problems last year. Missed the first month with knee injury, did his hammy at the turn of the year, did his knee again in Feb and missed the whole of March and thenn had problems with his hammy again in April. So all told, he still had a decent season.

And mate if you honestly think, without any further additions, you will finish above City?????cheesy.gif . You will be lucky to finish above Southampton with that squad.

The only player that i think will play all the time is Jesus he is good with crosses tongue.png and his assists record is fantastic In Spain maybe Dzecko because of his heading capability will get more game time under the Engineer ....i hope so!....interested to see who are going to be his main two strikers now or if it is going to be the same as under Mancini...ie ...nobody knew and nobody grabbed the position and made it there own,even Aguero was quiet last season really.

Whatever i still feel that United without any signings will still finish above you ...Chelsea are the real worry especially with that amazing talent in midfield to choose from.

Aguero had injury problems last year. Missed the first month with knee injury, did his hammy at the turn of the year, did his knee again in Feb and missed the whole of March and thenn had problems with his hammy again in April. So all told, he still had a decent season.

And mate if you honestly think, without any further additions, you will finish above City?????cheesy.gif . You will be lucky to finish above Southampton with that squad.

Well to a certain degree i agree with you Jack...but I think Zaha is a new addition who has looked good and will play a part this season a couple of others have done well also in the pre season games they have been involved in...............and you just know that we will add somebody of note don't you as we Reds are good at pissing you Blues off are we not biggrin.png

I reckon you are wide of the mark there Jack....you have a new manager AND half a new team and your side was hardly settled last season.

Man Yoo might lack a bit of spark but they will be out of the blocks with the same side and mostly philosophy.

Money is on your side struggling I reckon. whistling.gif

Hang on a minute. Last season, people were saying City underperformed because of their manager. That with another manager we would have won the league.

Whatever the merits of Mancini and Pellegrini, I think it is beyond doubt that the players and staff are happier now. The fact is, with Navas, Negredo,Jovetic and Fernandhino in with Maicon, Kolo, Tevez,Bridge,Santa Cruz out, we have certainly improved our team.

United on the other hand have certainly digressed. Yes, they probably will buy someone, they have to, but this year I do not fear United. Chelsea, yes, but United, not even close.

I reckon you are wide of the mark there Jack....you have a new manager AND half a new team and your side was hardly settled last season.

Man Yoo might lack a bit of spark but they will be out of the blocks with the same side and mostly philosophy.

Hang on a minute. Last season, people were saying City underperformed because of their manager. That with another manager we would have won the league.

Whatever the merits of Mancini and Pellegrini, I think it is beyond doubt that the players and staff are happier now. The fact is, with Navas, Negredo,Jovetic and Fernandhino in with Maicon, Kolo, Tevez,Bridge,Santa Cruz out, we have certainly improved our team.

United on the other hand have certainly digressed. Yes, they probably will buy someone, they have to, but this year I do not fear United. Chelsea, yes, but United, not even close.

Why have we digressed as a team? or are you just humping everything onto Ferguson leaving! which to be fair is just wishful thinking isn't it.

And to say you have improved as a team does remain to be see as the four players you have bought have never played in the Premier League before and who knows if they can cut it.....as you well know many you have bought from abroad have not have they wink.png You i feel will finish below us this year imaterial if we buy or not....Any youngsters being given there chance btw?

Why have we digressed as a team? or are you just humping everything onto Ferguson leaving! which to be fair is just wishful thinking isn't it.

And to say you have improved as a team does remain to be see as the four players you have bought have never played in the Premier League before and who knows if they can cut it.....as you well know many you have bought from abroad have not have they wink.png You i feel will finish below us this year imaterial if we buy or not....Any youngsters being given there chance btw?

We have a couple, this year who will get a chance. Guidetti, Razak,Suarez.

I dont think its rocket science to predict a digression when Ferguson (who was an institution) leaves. Its a foregone conclusion. I think its wishful thinking at its best if you think there will be natural progression without Ferguson. More like a car wreck.laugh.png

I guess you knew I'd like that comment Carms tongue.png

I hear Wigan are up for it big timewink.png They've seen what jonny nippons done on the asian tour and baring in mind they're average height is about 5'3" i'd say United might be a bit suspect in the air swell!laugh.png

Pellegrini has just won his first silverware, so the pressure is on Moyes laugh.png

Don't start classing that as silverware............you'll get the Arsenal boys excited! :-)

I guess you knew I'd like that comment Carms tongue.png

I hear Wigan are up for it big timewink.png They've seen what jonny nippons done on the asian tour and baring in mind they're average height is about 5'3" i'd say United might be a bit suspect in the air swell!laugh.png

Pellegrini has just won his first silverware, so the pressure is on Moyes laugh.png

Don't start classing that as silverware............you'll get the Arsenal boys excited! :-)

• Like 1

I dont think its rocket science to predict a digression when Ferguson (who was an institution) leaves. Its a foregone conclusion. I think its wishful thinking at its best if you think there will be natural progression without Ferguson. More like a car wreck.laugh.png

Guidetti

Razak

Suarez

So they will get a chance this season then Jack........How have they performed pre-season these lads?

Have heard about this Guidetti but he hasn't been involved in the tour has he.

Edited by MrRed

Guidetti

Razak

Suarez

So they will get a chance this season then Jack........How have they performed pre-season these lads?

Have heard about this Guidetti but he hasn't been involved in the tour has he.

He has gone on tour with them, but isnt quite fit.

Pellegrini is a fan. He tried to sign him from City, on loan, whilst at Malaga.

Edited by JacknDanny

Rumours bound that following an MRI scan Nastasic will be out for a month. Not too bad but we really could have done without that.

Vidic was quoted as saying that Nastasic was the player he most liked and, was pretty much the same player as himself at that age. I wanted him at United, will be a massive player and is a loss for you.

redrus

Rumours bound that following an MRI scan Nastasic will be out for a month. Not too bad but we really could have done without that.

Get the cheque book out. Bale is available for a reasonable £120m last I heard. biggrin.png

Oy you. Bale has even got his own thread now, don't start trying to turn this one into another biggrin.png

Vidic was quoted as saying that Nastasic was the player he most liked and, was pretty much the same player as himself at that age. I wanted him at United, will be a massive player and is a loss for you.

Yeah he's an excellent prospect Russ. I can't believe he's still as young as he is.

Get the cheque book out. Bale is available for a reasonable £120m last I heard. biggrin.png

Oy you. Bale has even got his own thread now, don't start trying to turn this one into another biggrin.png

I think you should turn Bale into the next Voldermo....ummm you know what I mean.....laugh.png

Oh hang on Silva innit on here....yeah Silva Silva Silva.....cheesy.gif

Yeah he's an excellent prospect Russ. I can't believe he's still as young as he is.

Bad news the month out, but it could have been worse. Let's hope its just the month. Couldn't agree more about Nastasic's quality. There's nothing about him I don't like. Great composure for his age.

5-3, half time.

I will be amazed if Garcia appears in the second half.

That may well spell the end of his career at City. Pellegrini has already got rid of him once at Real Madrid. That really was schoolboy defending. I know its only a friendly, but its ridiculous

Well the last 5 minutes has shown me that if we have to rely on Garcia as cover for CB, we are in deep sh!t.

Turns slower than Alan Kernighan. He is NOT a CB

Dead on Jack. Up 5-0 the defense went to sleep.

I didn't get to see the match but it seems from the reports there was some lovely football being played, with Pellegrini experimenting to try and cover off Nastasic's absence. Dzecko scoring again only goes to strengthen forcing himself into Pellegrini's set up. Aguero didn't play again which worries me about his pre season game time.....or rather lack of. Hope he isn't injured.

I didn't get to see the match but it seems from the reports there was some lovely football being played, with Pellegrini experimenting to try and cover off Nastasic's absence. Dzecko scoring again only goes to strengthen forcing himself into Pellegrini's set up. Aguero didn't play again which worries me about his pre season game time.....or rather lack of. Hope he isn't injured.

Reports are he is nursing a knee injury.

He has been left out of the Argentine squad also.

Doesnt look like he will be ready for kick off!!sad.png

Reports are he is nursing a knee injury.

He has been left out of the Argentine squad also.

Doesnt look like he will be ready for kick off!!sad.png

Not good news at all. Let's just hope Dzecko doesn't use up all his goals in pre season!!

• Like 1

Very attractive football in the first period MrB. The first game where I think we were able to see Pellegrini's footprint.

I'm not surprised about Aguero. From his history I don't think we can expect him to ever be consistently healthy. He's never been able to avoid missing time. A shame, but it seems we have adequate cover now.

Very attractive football in the first period MrB. The first game where I think we were able to see Pellegrini's footprint.

I'm not surprised about Aguero. From his history I don't think we can expect him to ever be consistently healthy. He's never been able to avoid missing time. A shame, but it seems we have adequate cover now.

To be fair to Aguero, he played 5 seasons in La Liga and missed only 15 games in total, as well as playing cup games and European games. But I think the physicality and intensity of the Premiership is a lot more than the Spanish League. I dont think there are many players who are able to play game in game out at the way the game is played today. Hence the importance of having a big squad. We now have 4 (5 if you count Guidetti) strikers. So I am not unduly worried. Need to sort that defence out though!!! Garcia makes Savic look world class, and I am afraid that Lescott seems to have lost a yard of pace. Kolarov is always likely to screw up. Hopefully Juve will take the bait and we can bring in a couple of defenders. It wouldnt surprise me if they tried to get Demichelis as a short term fix to cover for Nastasic. I think we should also try and get the young Leeds full back, cant remember his name, or try and prise Luke Shaw away from Southampton.

To be fair to Aguero, he played 5 seasons in La Liga and missed only 15 games in total, as well as playing cup games and European games. But I think the physicality and intensity of the Premiership is a lot more than the Spanish League. I dont think there are many players who are able to play game in game out at the way the game is played today. Hence the importance of having a big squad. We now have 4 (5 if you count Guidetti) strikers. So I am not unduly worried. Need to sort that defence out though!!! Garcia makes Savic look world class, and I am afraid that Lescott seems to have lost a yard of pace. Kolarov is always likely to screw up. Hopefully Juve will take the bait and we can bring in a couple of defenders. It wouldnt surprise me if they tried to get Demichelis as a short term fix to cover for Nastasic. I think we should also try and get the young Leeds full back, cant remember his name, or try and prise Luke Shaw away from Southampton.

Interesting Jack. I would have thought KUN missed more time than that. He always seemed to have one muscle problem after another. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Aguero. I hope he can get healthy and stay that way.thumbsup.gif

how close will last nights line up be 2 pellegringo's preferred 11 ?

Manchester City: Pantilimon; Zabaleta, Clichy, Boyata, Kompany; Fernandinho, Barry (Toure 46), Milner, Nasri; Jovetic (Navas 46), Negredo (Dzeko 73)

Subs: Hart, Richards, Kolarov, Lescott, Garcia, Silva, Wright, Rodwell, Sinclair, Aguero

If silva dont regularly start tbh cant see him hanging around long, IMO come jan he'll want out and i know aguero's injured but same goes i reckon, u reckon ?