Manchester City

mrbojangles

Howard Webb to ref the City vs. United match. We'll see if he's still on their payroll.thumbsup.gif

That remains to be seen but ones things for is that he'll want to be the star of the show

Yep. The self centred git.

At least you have a ready made scapegoat mate! rolleyes.gif

Why? Were just saying he's a ref that likes to be the star of the show. The appointment to the world cup made him a star in his own eyes

Feisty in here.... Looking forwards to the re-run. Surely City were not as bad as the pundits make out?

I didn't think that City were that bad, but they certainly need a few holes plugging ASAP.

Having said that, every bookie has them favourite, or a few have them joint fav with Chelsea to win the title.

decent result by city that. shows what you can do with a more savvy manager in charge in europe i think. hopefully give you a bit of momentum going into sunday.

Yeah stevie. Can't ask for much more than 3 goals away from home and a clean sheet in the champs league. Be interesting to see Pellegrini's first team for sunday.

Just finished watching the replay. Nice to chalk up a CL victory, and more than nice to see Kompany and Nastasic teamed up again. The attack still sputters at times and I'm hoping Silva will be back for the derby.

What a goal by Toure. Gorgeous.clap2.gif

I haven't seen any recent news about Silva's injury. He was expected to miss the derby so I guess that is still the case. Anybody know different ?

I've not seen anything either jelly

I'm suffering trying to come up with Sunday's score/winner. I'm having a very hard time predicting a City victory if Silva ain't playing. I expect we'll see Nasri holding the ball too long and Dzeko blasting possible goals into the cheap seats. Depressing is what it is.facepalm.gif

• Like 1

I haven't seen any recent news about Silva's injury. He was expected to miss the derby so I guess that is still the case. Anybody know different ?

I'm suffering trying to come up with Sunday's score/winner. I'm having a very hard time predicting a City victory if Silva ain't playing. I expect we'll see Nasri holding the ball too long and Dzeko blasting possible goals into the cheap seats. Depressing is what it is.facepalm.gif

Are you expecting all your other world class players to be taking a day off or something?

• Like 1

Are you expecting all your other world class players to be taking a day off or something?

As effective as some of those world class players can be, they aren't as important to the cause as Mr. Silva. At least to this point in the early season. The sight of Nasri instead of Silva makes me nauseated.

The bright spot is that Kompany and Nastasic are back. Nastasic might be the best 20 year old CB in the history of the world.smile.png

I did some internet digging (for what that's worth) and there is some talk that Silva might be ready, but all speculative at this point, and none of the major players are talking. I expect City would like to keep United guessing.

Not really Carms and whoever plays will be up for it. But in a game like this you really need your best players to be on the park. Nasri was totally to blame for our loss to them last season. This is a match that really could go either way.

Not really Carms and whoever plays will be up for it. But in a game like this you really need your best players to be on the park. Nasri was totally to blame for our loss to them last season. This is a match that really could go either way.

I know I have predicted a draw but without giving anything away what is the most popular prediction in the League Mr Bo ?

City win,Utd win or draw.

BT

I know I have predicted a draw but without giving anything away what is the most popular prediction in the League Mr Bo ?

City win,Utd win or draw.

BT

A lot of people are on the fence on this one BT

Very true mate, and i think were all aware this game is going to be vital in deciding who gets that fourth spotbiggrin.png

heres a little clue about the result...Moyesy don't do derbies. Maximum Utd will take is a point, which i might add he'll be over the moon with

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

A clear Utd win for me, although from a spurs point of view a draw will do nicely.

Can't see that Ian.

You are prob right.... My predictions to date have been ummmm average! Anyhow I reckon away win 1-3 ..... An enormous wake up call for Citeh. Prefer the draw though.

City will need to improve their recent form. If Silva can go that will be a huge plus. If he can't I think City will have to scrap for a draw or a victory. I have zero confidence in Nasri as a playmaker and he has largely inherited that role in Silva's absence. I expect Yaya will have to pull a rabbit out of his hat for City to win.

Rooney being in form doesn't help matters any.

I dislike being this negative about City and i hope I am seeing the glass half empty rather than half full !

A team that has cost billions and then one player injured and it's all doom and gloom facepalm.gif even Mystic ain't talking up there chances so things must be bad sad.png

• Like 1

A team that has cost billions and then one player injured and it's all doom and gloom facepalm.gif even Mystic ain't talking up there chances so things must be bad sad.png

Pellegrini's system not yet fully functional Alfie. That's how I see it. High priced talent not yet playing as a unit. I do believe it will come. Sunday would be perfect timing.smile.png