Manchester City

mrbojangles

Yes Carmine i don't think Pants is a prem class keeper.

Artur Boric is the keeper that i like at the moment.

I'm not sure if you do or you don't!

Anyways Lloris is the best keeper in the league but he doesn't have that much to do.

Anyways Lloris is the best keeper in the league but he doesn't have that much to do.

Excellent keeper and so fast off his line too.

Spurs fans were unsure of him in the beginning, but he has proven to be a good buy.

• Like 1

Excellent keeper and so fast off his line too.

Spurs fans were unsure of him in the beginning, but he has proven to be a good buy.

Yes, compare Lloris with Hart, not that I want to. Lloris, very self assured and in control. Hart, a bundle of nerves and apt to put himself in no man's land with no escape.

I think there is too much wringing of hands about changing keepers. Indeed, an important decision to be sure, but in the end not much more important than resting a striker that's not producing, a playmaker who ain't making plays, or as we have seen with City, changing things at CB when the situation is disastrous.

Maybe some posters are concerned with Hart sitting because of his position with the NT. City could be doing Hodgson a favor as well by trying to get Hart straightened out.

Am i mistaken or did Lloris not play at home against West Ham United......if he did play then he had to bend over three times in the back of the net!

Arhhh so predictable MrEd, you missed the other 14 league and cup games when we only conceded 2 goals, kept more clean sheets that any other premier league team and only allowed an average of 10 goal attempts per game. Silly lad you are.

Am i mistaken or did Lloris not play at home against West Ham United......if he did play then he had to bend over three times in the back of the net!

Arhhh so predictable MrEd, you missed the other 14 league and cup games when we only conceded 2 goals, kept more clean sheets that any other premier league team and only allowed an average of 10 goal attempts per game. Silly lad you are.

If only you could score at the other end from open play especially as the money you spent was all in the attacking department.

Also you have not really had any tough games yet have you? Arsenal aside. easy fixture list wasn't it for you(start) biggrin.png

I think you are honest enough to discount anything to do with your Europa league walkovers against <deleted> teams though.

Silly lad lolwink.png

buy Bergovic from Stoke, who's a very solid keeper:D

David Platt said if Mancini had stayed at City, the plan was to get Bergovic and drop or sell Hart.

I that really the solution? Throw loads of money at a problem and if that doesn't work, throw some more? Is Joe Hart really so bad? Wasn't 'Pandamonium', the reserve supposed to play in the FA Cup final but was then dropped when he asked for a transfer?

buy Bergovic from Stoke, who's a very solid keeper:D

David Platt said if Mancini had stayed at City, the plan was to get Bergovic and drop or sell Hart.

I that really the solution? Throw loads of money at a problem and if that doesn't work, throw some more? Is Joe Hart really so bad? Wasn't 'Pandamonium', the reserve supposed to play in the FA Cup final but was then dropped when he asked for a transfer?

The difference between a solid, reliable keeper and the current Joe Hart could well cost City the title so yes, i think a replacement is the solution.

A dodgy keeper effects the whole defense.

Vincent Company being injured is more of an affect to city's defence than Joe Harts lack of form....he is not a bad keeper.

He is at the moment. He may well have cost them six points already.

Probably more points than that.

Here is what I think is a pretty thorough and unbiased analysis:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/oct/28/joe-hart-manchester-city-manuel-pellegrini

• Like 1

I blame your defenders.

You can't blame the defender for this!

Error.gif

Error2.gif

Not to beat a dead horse but a royal cockup by Hart. Nastasic played that ball like any CB worth their salt would have a thousand times over. No wonder he might not have heard Hart yelling at him. Why would he ? Hart should have been on his line and not out with a "rush to glory".facepalm.gifblink.png

Vincent Company being injured is more of an affect to city's defence than Joe Harts lack of form....he is not a bad keeper.

He is at the moment. He may well have cost them six points already.

Probably more points than that.

Here is what I think is a pretty thorough and unbiased analysis:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/oct/28/joe-hart-manchester-city-manuel-pellegrini

I found this point quite interesting in the article and I think Hart may have a point.

Hart's own belief, apparently, is that perhaps all that time working with foreign goalkeeping coaches has meant not concentrating fully on what could be described as traditional English goalkeeping, such as dealing with corners or free-kicks into the penalty area.

When Roberto Mancini was manager, another Italian, Massimo Battara, came with him from Internazionale to work with Hart. Then Mancini left and Hart wanted City to bring in Dave Watson, his goalkeeping coach with England. Hart had previously worked with Watson while on loan at Birmingham in 2009-10 and these relationships are important, as anyone who noted Pepe Reina's regression once Xavi Valero left Liverpool will be able to testify. Instead, Manuel Pellegrini brought in Xabier Mancisidor, a Spaniard who had previously worked with him at Málaga and Real Madrid.

Hart's own belief, apparently, is that perhaps all that time working with foreign goalkeeping coaches has meant not concentrating fully on what could be described as traditional English goalkeeping, such as dealing with corners or free-kicks into the penalty area.

Don't these foreign teams have corners and free-kicks into the penalty area then?

whistling.gif

• Like 1

Don't these foreign teams have corners and free-kicks into the penalty area then?

whistling.gif

You know very well that's not what he was saying.

Hart was doing fine and progressing well before Mancini and co came in. The biggest change to his style was under Sven who insisted he didn't punt the ball up the park but played it out more from the back. He managed that fine but still retained his style of keeping. The problem with many sports when you change coaches, is they try and totally change your style. You just have to look at Golfers and Tennis players when they change coaches, many times their game goes to pieces before they improve. Joe wanted to keep his old style of coach but both Mancini and Pellegrini have insisted on their own coaches.

Eden Hazard makes the Ballon D'or list, but not David Silva. I'd bet my last dollar that if you took a poll of EPL players Hazard wouldn't even be in shouting distance of Silva.

Maybe Silva needs to start kicking the sh1t out of ball boys. That seemed to work for Hazard !,

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1