Manchester City

mrbojangles

If they're all home grown, why have you got the biggest transfer deficit and the most expensive wage bill by a mile?

coffee1.gif

What are you on about??

Nobody has said they are all home grown!!blink.png

Wind yer neck in. You were outplayed. And for all your promise, its going to be another barren season for trophies.

All you Gooners are the same. Even your manager is at it!!! Saying that City are only as good as Everton or Southampton!!cheesy.gif

Classless tools!!

First time ever, i have to agree with Jack 113.gif

After watching last nights demolition of Arsenal I can't imagine any team being able to compete with City for the title. The fact that they can go out and spend 90 million quid each year on new players and the chances of any home grown, aka, academy players, ever playing for the first team is a matter for the powers that be..

The game now, as we know it, is all about money and the majority of PL teams are just there to make up the numbers and the occasional upset.

The home grown rule is a joke wasn't Fabregas classified home grown ????

• Like 1

This one will keep us busy now.....

I remember the days when City said UNITED just bought the title.....true!

As for City and home grown players.........well the world is waiting i suppose it is transition and will take time?

As for now they are doing all right with the shrieks money and that is it end of story.

Basically they are just trying to copy what we did although we all know they are dreaming and no matter how much mega bucks they throw at it they will never have the history that we ahve ...

Sad but true.

Even my good City mate said there is no fun in it anymore just money.

But they are not as good as everyone says and will come unstuck soon enough.In fact i rememer when they played fantastic football Fulham away was one game and you are not touching that .

Bitter.

Bottom line is that Citeh are a mid table club with enormous spending power, and like all the other rich boy's playthings they have a habit of changing managers with the weather.

Currently on their sixth manager in eight years.

Not as bad as Chelski who've had nine, but you get the idea.

While I'm envious of the list of personnel in the team, I'm comforted by the fact that at least we're trying to do it the right way, rather than relying on a filthy Arab sheikh who steals his countrymen's money, and who can pick up the phone and call his brother or cousin and get a load of sponsorship from a heavily subsidised, loss-making airline in order to pretend they're playing the FFP game.

If we fail, at least we've done it playing by the rules.

If Manchester Dhabi or Chelski fail, it's more of the rich owner's money pissed down the drain and they'll change the manager and spend another 100m on players and try and pretend it's worth respecting - which of course it isn't.

wink.png

• Like 1

But they are not as good as everyone says and will come unstuck soon enough.In fact i rememer when they played fantastic football Fulham away was one game and you are not touching that .

Bitter.

Well I can only disagree.

Watching my team banging in goals for fun................................. plenty of fun and entertainment in that.

Even more entertaining than watching your lot struggling week in and week out.laugh.png

Bottom line is that Citeh are a mid table club with enormous spending power, and like all the other rich boy's playthings they have a habit of changing managers with the weather.

Currently on their sixth manager in eight years.

Not as bad as Chelski who've had nine, but you get the idea.

While I'm envious of the list of personnel in the team, I'm comforted by the fact that at least we're trying to do it the right way, rather than relying on a filthy Arab sheikh who steals his countrymen's money, and who can pick up the phone and call his brother or cousin and get a load of sponsorship from a heavily subsidised, loss-making airline in order to pretend they're playing the FFP game.

If we fail, at least we've done it playing by the rules.

If Manchester Dhabi or Chelski fail, it's more of the rich owner's money pissed down the drain and they'll change the manager and spend another 100m on players and try and pretend it's worth respecting - which of course it isn't.

wink.png

AWWWWW Diddums!!jerk.gif

Bitter.

Watching my team banging in goals for fun................................. plenty of fun and entertainment in that.

Even more entertaining than watching your lot struggling week in and week out.laugh.png

Struggling?

haha yeah right.i agree we are not at it yet but you more than anybody should know that the league has a long long long way to go.

Bitter.

Struggling?

haha yeah right.i agree we are not at it yet but you more than anybody should know that the league has a long long long way to go.

Sorry Red. I would love to meet this City fan you mention and hear what he has to say from his own mouth because that is the first time I have ever heard of a City fan allegedly say that. As jack says, watching us bang in so many goals and to finally play the big guns in Europe is far from boring. Did I look like I was having fun when I came to meet you guys last season when we beat you. tongue.png

Bitter.

Struggling?

Sorry Red as SAF and David would say - AYE RIGHT. biggrin.png Just to keep you right with the local tongue rolleyes.gif

BT biggrin.png

• Like 1

And you might have several games which have been close together, but your trillionaire owner has bought you a squad the size of Texas - and you know it.

thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gif

Actually, if you knew the rules you would know that every team has to submit a squad of up to 25 players which contains no more than 17 players who do not fulfil the Home Grown Player criteria. Therefore, all of our squads are the same size and so that statement is absolute tosh thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gif

If they're all home grown, why have you got the biggest transfer deficit and the most expensive wage bill by a mile?

coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif

I never mentioned they're all home grown. Read what I said again. Now you've got me doing an Alfie facepalm.gif

The last 16 of the Champs League will be drawn today. The way it is structured, we can only be drawn against one of the following:-

Man City: Real Madrid, Paris St-Germain, Borussia Dortmund, Atletico Madrid or Barcelona

The other English sides can face the following clubs:

Arsenal: Real Madrid, Paris St-Germain, Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid or Barcelona.

Chelsea: Bayer Leverkusen, Galatasaray, Olympiakos, Zenit St Petersburg or AC Milan.

Manchester United: Galatasaray, Olympiakos, Schalke, Zenit St Petersburg or AC Milan.

• Like 1

The last 16 of the Champs League will be drawn today. The way it is structured, we can only be drawn against one of the following:-

Man City: Real Madrid, Paris St-Germain, Borussia Dortmund, Atletico Madrid or Barcelona

Arsenal: Real Madrid, Paris St-Germain, Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid or Barcelona.

Chelsea: Bayer Leverkusen, Galatasaray, Olympiakos, Zenit St Petersburg or AC Milan.

Manchester United: Galatasaray, Olympiakos, Schalke, Zenit St Petersburg or AC Milan.

I hope for PSG or Dortmund.

Atletico are the form team right now.

Hope United get Galatasaray, so Mancini can ram it up them again.laugh.png

I hope for PSG or Dortmund.

Atletico are the form team right now.

Hope United get Galatasaray, so Mancini can ram it up them again.laugh.png

Yep agree with Jack with Athletico but the next round is a long way off and as for your last comment i hope you draw Real Madrid so Ronaldo can do you again wink.png

I think United can beat any of them teams over two legs so whoever smile.png

Yeah difficult draw that but we've been waiting years to go against opposition like this so bring it on

Victor Valdez will be a very busy fellow. I like our chances even if Messi is fit. Barca ain't the squad they were two, three years ago. Their defense is spotty and they play in an increasingly weak league. I'd rather play Barca than Atletico Madrid.

OTHO I hope Kompany is on the top of his game and whoever the keeper is as well. If Messi is right and Neymar is playing like he has been the past few weeks they could be a handful.

Looking at your history in Europe you have never met before but once in a friendly that you won 1-0 at the Nou Camp.

Defo the tie of the round and happy that a few of my pals will be able to enjoy a proper euro away trip in a great city that we at United have very fond memories of,i hope you win.

• Like 2

Looking at your history in Europe you have never met before but once in a friendly that you won 1-0 at the Nou Camp.

Defo the tie of the round and happy that a few of my pals will be able to enjoy a proper euro away trip in a great city that we at United have very fond memories of,i hope you win.

Cheers for that red, never expected that wai.gif

It'll be a tough two legs but I can't wait.

Why the Surprise ? Always support any British Team playing in Europe is what all all British supporters should do. smile.png

BT biggrin.png

History in Europe?

Snigger.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I didn't say i wanted you to win the competition biggrin.png but i would like you to knock Barcelona out also in my mind is the derby at OT which is perfectly sandwiched by both games wink.png

It is indeed a mouth watering tie as is the Bayern Arsenal game.

Zabaleta with a hammy.facepalm.gif

Aguero could be out 8 weeks.

Richards hamstring

Kompany and Siva very injury prone really surprising he played them last night

Yaya not at it in every game although granted with Ferdahino he doesn't have to be.

Goalkeeper problem needs to be sorted out now any longer and Hart will want a move.

Be interesting who he plays alongside Negredo will it be Dzecko or time for Jovetic? One thing for sure is you will miss the goals and assists of Aguero.

Zabaleta with a hammy.facepalm.gif

Aguero could be out 8 weeks.

Richards hamstring

Kompany and Siva very injury prone really surprising he played them last night

Yaya not at it in every game although granted with Ferdahino he doesn't have to be.

Goalkeeper problem needs to be sorted out now any longer and Hart will want a move.

Be interesting who he plays alongside Negredo will it be Dzecko or time for Jovetic? One thing for sure is you will miss the goals and assists of Aguero.

Couldn't disagree with all that Red. These injury problems continue to be a pain in the ass. Depending on the opposition I expect Pellegrini will team Dzeko with Negredo, or maybe even go with one striker. I would like to see Jovetic get some playing time. We really don't know what he has to offer.