Manchester City

mrbojangles

I hate watching football like this. Waiting for updates on the BBC.

Anyway. Watford have just gone 2 goals up. w00t.gif

Deservedly so according to the half time report, and Watford should have had a penalty

too apparently, but the ref didn't give it.

All eyes are on the Etihad for the second half!

Suggest following it via Manchester Evening news (www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk)

Still painful, but better than BBC.

Sounds like Dzeko is getting grief off the fans.

Deservedly so according to the half time report, and Watford should have had a penalty

too apparently, but the ref didn't give it.

All eyes are on the Etihad for the second half!

I've been looking at the minute-by-minute updates and haven't seen any penalty shouts let alone a contentious one. The stats at half time where pretty even on attempts but we had a lot more possession. Not taking anything away from Watford but it looks like we didn't take this as seriously as we should have and when you do that there is always the chance of a banana skin.

Suggest following it via Manchester Evening news (www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk)

Just been flicking between the two jack and MEN are way behind in the updates. BBC updated the 4th goal and MEN still haven't.

Just been flicking between the two jack and MEN are way behind in the updates. BBC updated the 4th goal and MEN still haven't.

Earlier they were up with it, but yeh they were slow on the 4th goal, but there is more comment with MEN... bit more descriptive

Still p!ssed that there is not even an internet stream showing the game!!!!

Earlier they were up with it, but yeh they were slow on the 4th goal, but there is more comment with MEN... bit more descriptive

Yeah I was searching until about the half hour mark for a stream but nowt to be found. Don't know if beIN sports will have us or someone else on Wednesday against Spurs. Been terrible here this season.

"They're not worth fck all,

they're not worth fck aaw-aaaw-awwwll

You bought all your trophies

They're not worth fck all"

west ham fans to city,,,,might just catch on as 1 billion for 2 trophies up to now:P

clap2.gif

What have you won lately Chiccy!!

Nothing, but then again we haven't bought half a billion pounds worth of players have we?

rolleyes.gif

How can they stream it if there aren't cameras at the game?

"They're not worth fck all,

they're not worth fck aaw-aaaw-awwwll

You bought all your trophies

They're not worth fck all"

west ham fans to city,,,,might just catch on as 1 billion for 2 trophies up to now:P

clap2.gif

What have you won lately Chiccy!!

Nothing, but then again we haven't bought half a billion pounds worth of players have we?

rolleyes.gif

Spending big money doesn't guarantee anything but yes it sure helps, as all we are doing is playing catch up with all the clubs that were spending when we didn't have a pot to pee in. Glad to see your figure is much nearer the real amount than nev's.

Anyway, keep filling up your tank and subsidising us. Hope you have a big gas guzzler out here. rolleyes.gif

Conversation with my Son when the HT scores came in ...

Son "Looks like City can't do the treble (domestic)"

Me "Nah"

Son " Oh yeah Aguero will probably score a hat-trick"

I wish I'd put money on that!!!facepalm.gif

Commentator on beIN sports was saying something similar biggrin.png

Thank goodness for that. Almost a trip up there. Looks like Watford had 2 shots on target and both went in. Pantilimon may not get a start for a while, especially the final.

What? you are only in the 5th round and its like its a banker to make the final, maybe you are right cannot see anyone stopping your domestic treble.

Thank goodness for that. Almost a trip up there. Looks like Watford had 2 shots on target and both went in. Pantilimon may not get a start for a while, especially the final.

What? you are only in the 5th round and its like its a banker to make the final, maybe you are right cannot see anyone stopping your domestic treble.

I was referring to the League Cup Final nev. Pantilimon has played in goal for both of the semi's. You've known me long enough to know I wouldn't I wouldn't take it for granted that we will make the FA Cup final

I was referring to the League Cup Final nev. Pantilimon has played in goal for both of the semi's. You've known me long enough to know I wouldn't I wouldn't take it for granted that we will make the FA Cup final

Mate, thats what separates us from the rags!!

None of us EXPECT anything!!!!

It comes from years of doing it the City way!!!

Spending big money doesn't guarantee anything but yes it sure helps, as all we are doing is playing catch up with all the clubs that were spending when we didn't have a pot to pee in. Glad to see your figure is much nearer the real amount than nev's.

Anyway, keep filling up your tank and subsidising us. Hope you have a big gas guzzler out here. rolleyes.gif

I think you suffer from reading comprehension problems, so I'll repeat what I said the last time you made this facetious comment:

(1) I don't pay for petrol

(2) My petrol is subsidised by the UAE.

You don't make a farthing from me, in fact I'm probably stopping you being able to afford Messi.

biggrin.png

I think you suffer from reading comprehension problems, so I'll repeat what I said the last time you made this facetious comment:

You don't make a farthing from me, in fact I'm probably stopping you being able to afford Messi.

biggrin.png

They can afford Messiwink.png

• Like 1

biggrin.png

they can afford him. he just seems to prefer playing for barcelona. can't imagine why.

biggrin.png

they can afford him. he just seems to prefer playing for barcelona. can't imagine why.

La Rambla or mosside? tricky one....

biggrin.png

You don't know how much petrol I use,.

biggrin.png

Reply to mr bo's saying my figures off the mark...

This was published just before your title win, so safe to say with your spending since your over a billion quid mate.

Between 2008, when Abu-Dhabi-based oil magnate Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al-Nahyan bought them, and the end of last season, the club’s total cash outlay was £930.4m, of which only £365.3m was generated from their own operations.

The remainder – £565.1m – had to be supplied by Mansour, the club’s billionaire benefactor.

Reply to mr bo's saying my figures off the mark...

This was published just before your title win, so safe to say with your spending since your over a billion quid mate.

Between 2008, when Abu-Dhabi-based oil magnate Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al-Nahyan bought them, and the end of last season, the club’s total cash outlay was £930.4m, of which only £365.3m was generated from their own operations.

The remainder – £565.1m – had to be supplied by Mansour, the club’s billionaire benefactor.

Nev, don't read too much of the headlines without going into the details. The press like to draw you in by sensationalising things and I must admit, we seem to have the same boring discussion year-in year-out. Yes, we are extremely lucky that we have a rich owner, something we don't take for granted and we are well aware that he has pumped in huge sums but I hate it when it gets overly exaggerated or the figures used wrongly.

Firstly, a chunk of that spend was used to regenerate the area and with the new academy, that figure is rising all the time. Money well spent for the future and more annoyingly to other fans, shows that the Sheikh is in it for the longer term.

Secondly, that figure also includes salaries and is not just based on transfer fees. People don't normally include that when talking about transfers, so why now? Everyone is saying Mata for 37 mil (ish) but not including his salary in the figures.

In my reckoning since they took over until this summer transfer window, we have probably spent about 600mil on transfers of players in. Caveat:- some figures are always based on speculation rather than the real figures.

On players out, we have probably got between 200 - 250 mil.

I don't mind in future what figure you want to throw at us, either the total spend on players in (600) or the combined with what we got back selling players (350-400) but just make it nearer to the truth and not spout the billion figure. wai2.gif

Isnt it amazing how all these slapped <deleted> come on here now!!

Gooners who are going to have another year winning sweet FA

United fans realising that they are now going to be playing catch up for many a year.

Tossers the lot of you!!!

Oh wait a minute, I forgot something.................................................biggrin.png

Not true, MrBo.

Your net outlay on players since 2008 exceeds GBP500m, so if you are claiming you've sold 200-250m worth, then you've spent nearer 3/4 of a billion.

You dirty Arab's whore.

biggrin.png

If that is true, I will hold my hands up and apologise Chiccy. Could you please provide a source of the detailed breakdown of those transfers?

As for the whore part. Aren't we all in one way or another biggrin.png

Not true, MrBo.

Your net outlay on players since 2008 exceeds GBP500m, so if you are claiming you've sold 200-250m worth, then you've spent nearer 3/4 of a billion.

You dirty Arab's whore.

biggrin.png

If that is true, I will hold my hands up and apologise Chiccy. Could you please provide a source of the detailed breakdown of those transfers?

As for the whore part. Aren't we all in one way or another biggrin.png

Your wish is my command:

The year 2008 was chosen for the starting point because it was the year Sheikh Mansour bought Manchester City and began turning the Citizens into one of the biggest clubs in Europe.

The bottom lines worked out as follows:

Arsenal net spend = £11.1 million.

Chelsea net spend = £328.7 million.

Man City net spend = £509.6 million.

E2NeO6I.jpg