Manchester City

mrbojangles

Not true, MrBo.

Your net outlay on players since 2008 exceeds GBP500m, so if you are claiming you've sold 200-250m worth, then you've spent nearer 3/4 of a billion.

You dirty Arab's whore.

biggrin.png

If that is true, I will hold my hands up and apologise Chiccy. Could you please provide a source of the detailed breakdown of those transfers?

As for the whore part. Aren't we all in one way or another biggrin.png

Your wish is my command:

The year 2008 was chosen for the starting point because it was the year Sheikh Mansour bought Manchester City and began turning the Citizens into one of the biggest clubs in Europe.

The bottom lines worked out as follows:

Arsenal net spend = £11.1 million.

Chelsea net spend = £328.7 million.

Man City net spend = £509.6 million.

E2NeO6I.jpg

Sorry Chiccy but that tells me naff all. There are more reports flying about that are so full of nonsense it's unbelievable. I asked for a detailed breakdown, not a top line pluck out of thin air figure and preferably from a reliable source.

However, at least even this slight challenge has shown up the disparity of info that is out there.

Not true, MrBo.

Your net outlay on players since 2008 exceeds GBP500m, so if you are claiming you've sold 200-250m worth, then you've spent nearer 3/4 of a billion.

You dirty Arab's whore.

biggrin.png

If that is true, I will hold my hands up and apologise Chiccy. Could you please provide a source of the detailed breakdown of those transfers?

As for the whore part. Aren't we all in one way or another biggrin.png

Your wish is my command:

The year 2008 was chosen for the starting point because it was the year Sheikh Mansour bought Manchester City and began turning the Citizens into one of the biggest clubs in Europe.

The bottom lines worked out as follows:

Arsenal net spend = £11.1 million.

Chelsea net spend = £328.7 million.

Man City net spend = £509.6 million.

E2NeO6I.jpg

I dispute those figures.

Several of them are wrong.

Fact is City have spent a sh!t load of money. Nobody is disputing that.

For that, they have produced exciting football. Scored more goals than anybody in the history of the Premier League. Given the fans something to cheer about, the likes that they hadnt seen for the past 40 plus years. Become the better team in Manchester for many a year.

Whilst at the same time regenerating one of the sh!ttiest areas of Manchester, giving the fans an excellent stadium, whilst thinking of the fans and keeping the prices DOWN.

So Mr Arsenal.... your team doesnt spend money on players as that is not the "Arsenal" way. They havent won a trophy for years.

Why then are they the most expensive team to follow?

Your owners really looking after the fans do they?thieving barstewards

And if you think the likes of Usmanov and Kroenke are squeaky clean businessmen, you are sniffing glue.

People in glasshouses and all that.

biggrin.png

Sorry Chiccy but that tells me naff all. There are more reports flying about that are so full of nonsense it's unbelievable. I asked for a detailed breakdown, not a top line pluck out of thin air figure and preferably from a reliable source.

However, at least even this slight challenge has shown up the disparity of info that is out there.

The source is there so I challenge you to dispute the findings, it's not my job.

Manchester Dhabi have been buying up players at inflated prices with the intention of buying trophies for the Sheikh to put on his mantelpiece and crow about to his mates. I have given you a fair estimate of how much that has cost him.

Meanwhile totally distorting the transfer market and making his team so unmarketable that even the Arabs don't bother showing them live any more if they don't have to.

Your team are the most reviled in European football. They're worse that Real Madrid and their Galactibollocks. Get over it.

wink.png I dispute those figures.

All I heard was "blah blah blah I've always been a Citeh fan even before 2008 and that's the God's honest truth, that Sergio Negredo is a great keeper in't 'eh"

Etc. etc. etc.

making his team so unmarketable that even the Arabs don't bother showing them live any more if they don't have to.

Your team are the most reviled in European football. They're worse that Real Madrid and their Galactibollocks. Get over it.

I think those two sentences are the most stupid I have ever heard on here. In fact, I'm surprised I am responding to it.

You know the score with Al-Jazeera and how many live games they can show. How on earth do you link that to City?

It's quite obvious that you revile us and you are allowed to have your opinion, albeit I think it's more about jealousy. But show me anything to suggest we are the most reviled in European football. You are just spouting nonsense to try and get a rise. Get over it biggrin.png

Scored more goals than anybody in the history of the Premier League.

Come again?!

And add this,,,,giving the fans an excellent stadium, whilst thinking of the fans and keeping the prices DOWN.

They get a stadium to rent and now claim it as there own, just a bunch of council tenants that won the lottery.wink.png

The source is there so I challenge you to dispute the findings, it's not my job.

With Aguero being one of the biggest fees, I thought I would take a dip check on those figures. Your link put him down as costing us 39.6m quid.

Daily Mail as it at 35m rising to 38m with add ons http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2019419/Sergio-Aguero-says-joined-Manchester-City.html

BBC has it at a reported 38m http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/14226198

Even this rag has it at 38m http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3718631/Man-Citys-Sergio-Aguerobr-mega-deal-worth-90m.html

Even this quiz website says 38m http://quiz.quipper.com/en/man-city-quiz/how-much-did-sergio-aguero-cost-manchester-city

I can't find any source that agrees with yours on Aguero alone, so I'm not gonna bother checking the rest.

Come again?!

And add this,,,,giving the fans an excellent stadium, whilst thinking of the fans and keeping the prices DOWN.

They get a stadium to rent and now claim it as there own, just a bunch of council tenants that won the lottery.wink.png

Nicely put :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

With Aguero being one of the biggest fees, I thought I would take a dip check on those figures. Your link put him down as costing us 39.6m quid.

Daily Mail as it at 35m rising to 38m with add ons http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2019419/Sergio-Aguero-says-joined-Manchester-City.html

Even this rag has it at 38m http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3718631/Man-Citys-Sergio-Aguerobr-mega-deal-worth-90m.html

Even this quiz website says 38m http://quiz.quipper.com/en/man-city-quiz/how-much-did-sergio-aguero-cost-manchester-city

I can't find any source that agrees with yours on Aguero alone, so I'm not gonna bother checking the rest.

Oh yeah take a mill or two off, huge difference....

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

wink.png I dispute those figures.

All I heard was "blah blah blah I've always been a Citeh fan even before 2008 and that's the God's honest truth, that Sergio Negredo is a great keeper in't 'eh"

Etc. etc. etc.

You forgot the...biggrin.png

To be honest, having read your previous posts, I have come to the assumption that if brains were leather, you wouldnt have enough to saddle a flea.

Just a bitter nob.

biggrin.png

Come again?!

Name a team who has scored more goals at this stage of the season?

Why? That wasn't your claim.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

making his team so unmarketable that even the Arabs don't bother showing them live any more if they don't have to.

I think those two sentences are the most stupid I have ever heard on here. In fact, I'm surprised I am responding to it.

You know the score with Al-Jazeera and how many live games they can show. How on earth do you link that to City?

It's quite obvious that you revile us and you are allowed to have your opinion, albeit I think it's more about jealousy. But show me anything to suggest we are the most reviled in European football. You are just spouting nonsense to try and get a rise. Get over it biggrin.png

Its an Arsenal thing mate.

Just like their whinging manager.

You can feel the jealousy coming through.

Come again?!

Rix,

You are talking to me, not Alfie.rolleyes.gif

You should know what I mean.

No team has scored more goals in the history of the Premiership, as we have at this stage of the season.

That is what I meant to say. And I know that you are smart enough to know thats what I meantwink.png

Come again?!

Rix,

You are talking to me, not Alfie.rolleyes.gif

You should know what I mean.

No team has scored more goals in the history of the Premiership, as we have at this stage of the season.

That is what I meant to say. And I know that you are smart enough to know thats what I meantwink.png

I doubt any team has spent half a billion on players in five years either (not to mention managers)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Oh yeah take a mill or two off, huge difference....

The point being, your source is way off anything between 4.6 and 1.6 on the upside on a single player. If it's off that much why even bother to verify the rest?

There is no point. You know what he's doing, and if he doesn't win the CL this year he'll spend another 100m. The only bigger joke in football is Qatar buying a world cup finals.

There is no point. You know what he's doing, and if he doesn't win the CL this year he'll spend another 100m.

You make it sound like your lot haven't spent anything. You have spent (by your own figures)about 148m over the last 3 years. But as it's you, that'll be alright then ad only clubs that have spent over 149m are the bad guys. Arsenal have been in the Champs League for the last 8/9 years and so by definition had a decent squad, we started from literally scratch in 2008. Don't you worry Chiccy, the first three years were exceptional but that kind of spend won't be repeated.

S'funny. I always thought football was about the passion and the glory, but after reading some posts on here it seems it's about the money...........maybe some of you should stop supporting football clubs and choose a fast food outlet and compare balance sheets......

Quite right and it always seems to be the same few who bring it up mjj. I'm bored of I now and don't think I'll bother taking the bait in future.

• Like 1

S'funny. I always thought football was about the passion and the glory, but after reading some posts on here it seems it's about the money...........maybe some of you should stop supporting football clubs and choose a fast food outlet and compare balance sheets......

LFC already in the lead on this one....anyone fancy a donutbiggrin.png

There is no point. You know what he's doing, and if he doesn't win the CL this year he'll spend another 100m.

You make it sound like your lot haven't spent anything.

There's a difference: We earned it the hard way....

Its an Arsenal thing mate.

Just like their whinging manager.

You can feel the jealousy coming through.

Yeah must be jack. Don't remember em being like this till we spanked em last month.

On another note. Was hoping to get a good sighting of Guidetti tonight but he' still on the subs bench