Manchester City

mrbojangles

So all the talk is about Manchester Dhabi offering Sagna a fat wage packet because there is no transfer fee and they are "limited" to transfers not exceeding GBP49 million.

Now this is one I don't mind.....

biggrin.png

So all the talk is about Manchester Dhabi offering Sagna a fat wage packet because there is no transfer fee and they are "limited" to transfers not exceeding GBP49 million.

Now this is one I don't mind.....

biggrin.png

Not quite correct Chicog. Part of the agreement with FFP is that we have to keep our current wage bill as is and so it's effectively a wage cap. Therefore, every penny extra we give him on his wage takes away a penny we could offer another potential signing. I'm not saying he wouldn't get it, it's just that it's not as carte blanche as it first seems.

Have a read of the article below:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/sam-wallace-what-city-have-bought-is-more-than-other-clubs-best-players--it-is-the-power-to-hang-on-to-the-bright-stars-they-produce-themselves-9392804.html

PS.

Loved the thought of little SWP and brother Bradley living together in Warrington and travelling in to training together in a Ford Focus…how things have changed in such a short period of time.

City fans urged to challenge FFP by top lawyer

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ffp-manchester-city-fans-urged-7142304

And Belgian lawyer Jean-Louis Dupont says the UEFA ruling would be thrown out in a law court and believes the Blues fans should fight their punishment.

Manchester City should fight their FFP punishment in the courts, according to a top lawyer.

Belgian lawyer Jean-Louis Dupont has urged City fans – and supporters of other clubs hit by the penalties - to join the action he is pursuing through the European courts on behalf of an Italian football agent.

Dupont is the man who turned the world of football upside down by winning a case on behalf of footballer Jean-Marc Bosman to allow players to move on free transfers at the end of their contracts.

City have been hit with a £49million fine, and are subject to a wage and transfer cap and a restriction to a 21-man squad for next season’s Champions League.

Dupont says the Uefa rules miss their target: “FFP sounds good,,” he said. “Who wouldn’t support good governance and fairness of the game? But when you scratch the surface, the break-even rule is no more than a prohibition to invest.

“Uefa prohibits the owner of a club to spend his own money in the club, at least to buy players, in order to make it grow and to challenge the established top dogs.

“Today, with this rule, Roman Abramovich could not build his Chelsea project and turn it into one of Europe’s top clubs.

“In other words, the rule ossifies the market structure. The few top European clubs will remain the same forever -- there will be no new kid in town.”

Dupont also argues that the squad restrictions they have placed on City and other clubs contravene European labour laws.

“The whole Uefa home grown player system violates EU law,” he said.

“This rule violates free movement of workers and harms free competition without solid justification.

“In other words, if any club or player challenges this rule tomorrow in court, the judge -- based on EU law -- will have no choice but to declare this Uefa rule null and void.”

Dupont said fans, and sponsors, could join his action and block the rules: “They could even ask the Brussels judge to stay the execution of the Uefa FFP regulation -- and of the sanctions based on it - until he renders his judgment on the merits.

Dupont says the Uefa rules miss their target: “FFP sounds good,,” he said. “Who wouldn’t support good governance and fairness of the game? But when you scratch the surface, the break-even rule is no more than a prohibition to invest.

“Uefa prohibits the owner of a club to spend his own money in the club, at least to buy players, in order to make it grow and to challenge the established top dogs.

“Today, with this rule, Roman Abramovich could not build his Chelsea project and turn it into one of Europe’s top clubs.

“In other words, the rule ossifies the market structure. The few top European clubs will remain the same forever -- there will be no new kid in town.”

Thanks for that BB. It's exactly what I have been saying.

P45, take note of the red highlighted bit thumbsup.gif

wai2.gif

Understood.

But not wishing to be argumentative, Man City did it........ and they got penalised for it.

Other owners might take a bullish view and say we'll go for it and pay the penalty if we get nicked?

Despite the UEFA penalty, Man City can continue to be the highest wage payers in world sport ( blimey facepalm.gif), and the fine of however many million it is, is pocket money for Sheik Mansour. 21 cap on CL squad might hurt a bit but it won't cripple, and City can further improve their squad with a net spend of £49mil.

No great shakes to the City system. Just had their wings clipped a bit.

I'm open to correction if I'm posting ballacks.

Chelsea would not be where they are without Abramovich money, granted.

From a European Legal perspective he is right.

From the Football perspective he either doesn't have a clue or doesn't give a shit that the shaikhs (and Abrahamovic before them) have artificially inflated player costs for everybody.

wai2.gif

Understood.

But not wishing to be argumentative, Man City did it........ and they got penalised for it.

We only accelerated our building of the team because FFP was going to come in. Mansour wanted to do it slower but knew with the FFP coming in it was "now or never". He therefore decided to splash the cash with the hope that by the time FFP came in we would have broke even.

We haven't broke even yet but in the main, that is in the eyes of Platini's mob and is down to them scrutinising the Etihad money. In real terms and for Inland Revenue purposes, we have actually received money from Etihad and our P&L looks quite good but Platini doesn't want to count some of it and so that tipped the balance to us not conforming.

It's a bit like both me and you giving my brother 100 quid each sponsorship for his business. Platini would count your 100 quid as being ok but because he's my brother he's only counted say 50 quid towards FFP. Therefore, in real terms my brother has 200 quid but Platini says he's only got 150 quid.

From the Football perspective he either doesn't have a clue or doesn't give a shit that the shaikhs (and Abrahamovic before them) have artificially inflated player costs for everybody.

Not sure if that is correct. It maybe however.

Seems to me City and Chelsea have been in a position where they can attract TOP players by paying TOP dollar.

Does paying Rooney 300 a week affect Snodgrass's wages at Norwich?

FFP is a load of bunk. It's got to be the only business where investments are frowned upon.

I'm all for a cap on squad value based upon transfer fees, but that is where it ends.

• Like 1

wai2.gif

Understood.

We only accelerated our building of the team because FFP was going to come in. Mansour wanted to do it slower but knew with the FFP coming in it was "now or never". He therefore decided to splash the cash with the hope that by the time FFP came in we would have broke even.

We haven't broke even yet but in the main, that is in the eyes of Platini's mob and is down to them scrutinising the Etihad money. In real terms and for Inland Revenue purposes, we have actually received money from Etihad and our P&L looks quite good but Platini doesn't want tocount some of it and so that tippe the balance to us not conforming.

It's a bit like both me and you giving my brother 100 quid each sponsorship for his business. Platini would count your 100 quid as being ok but because he's my brother he's only counted say 50 quid towards FFP. Therefore, in real terms my brother has 200 quid but Platini says he's only got 150 quid.

Fair point. UEFA are not really in a position to do an accurate audit of City-Etihad P&L.

The system looks flawed. Unworkable? Unjust? Dupont makes some good points about restriction of free trade, but there again lawyers are paid for their very adept spin.

facepalm.gif

You and Aston Villa started it last century laugh.png

Abramovich and the Sheikhs weren't involved in Messi or Bale or Ronaldo or, or, or. etc You spent more on Ozil than we have on a top striker, so now Arsenal are artificially inflating prices of artificially over inflated average footballers thumbsup.gif People in glass houses Chicog

I think we'll have Costa. thumbsup.gif He's getting paid peanuts at the so called Atletico Madrid 'working class' club.

Beat RM and Barca mind to La Liga. Might win the CL too.

smile.png

Seems to me the UEFA bean counters are just going to stir up problems, not solve them.

wai2.gif

Understood.

We haven't broke even yet but in the main, that is in the eyes of Platini's mob and is down to them scrutinising the Etihad money. In real terms and for Inland Revenue purposes, we have actually received money from Etihad and our P&L looks quite good but Platini doesn't want tocount some of it and so that tippe the balance to us not conforming.

Fair point. UEFA are not really in a position to do an accurate audit of City-Etihad P&L.

The system looks flawed. Unworkable? Unjust? Dupont makes some good points about restriction of free trade, but there again lawyers are paid for their very adept spin.

facepalm.gif

Absolutely spot on. As for lawyer spin, yes they are good at interpretation of law but they can't twist what is law

• Like 1

You and Aston Villa started it last century laugh.png

Abramovich and the Sheikhs weren't involved in Messi or Bale or Ronaldo or, or, or. etc You spent more on Ozil than we have on a top striker, so now Arsenal are artificially inflating prices of artificially over inflated average footballers thumbsup.gif People in glass houses Chicog

Just to add to that.

In reality it's the TV rights money that is mainly to blame. That money has meant that all of our clubs are getting record breaking amounts for TV coverage and the more you play the more you get. Therefore you want to be at the top to get the most and for that you pay higher and higher for the best players. This ha also helped the EPL to be the best marketed league on the planet. Not too sure all in all if it's a bad thing.

Did you know that Liverpool ended up getting a couple of million more than City this year cos they were shown a couple of times more than us?

To me it's a bit like property. All those buying houses moan about how much they cost but all those selling just rub their hands with glee.

I know a lot of cr@p is written in the papers, but if this is true, then as far as I am concerned, good luck Yaya, dont let the door hit you on the way out.

You are earning 220K per week and you are upset about someone not shaking your hand on your birthday, or not receiving your birthday card on time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And that is tantamount to not giving the player respect?????

What are these players taking these days??? Are you serious?

At first I thought his agent was stirring the pot, but apparantly Yaya has come out and confirmed his agent is telling the truth!!!

I am very disappointed.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2633858/Yaya-Toures-agent-claims-Roberto-Carlos-given-Bugatti-birthday-Man-City-star-did-not-handshake.html

• Like 1

I know a lot of cr@p is written in the papers, but if this is true, then as far as I am concerned, good luck Yaya, dont let the door hit you on the way out.

You are earning 220K per week and you are upset about someone not shaking your hand on your birthday, or not receiving your birthday card on time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And that is tantamount to not giving the player respect?????

What are these players taking these days??? Are you serious?

At first I thought his agent was stirring the pot, but apparantly Yaya has come out and confirmed his agent is telling the truth!!!

I am very disappointed.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2633858/Yaya-Toures-agent-claims-Roberto-Carlos-given-Bugatti-birthday-Man-City-star-did-not-handshake.html

Didn't let him win Musical Chairs either aahhhhhbiggrin.png

Edited by mrbojangles
Profanity removed from attached picture

It'll all blow over and Yaya will be back. He's not happy unless he can have a senseless fit about something from time to time. I like Yaya but he's one of those guys who goes looking for disrespect wherever he can find it. He should be happy playing for an organization that is intent on winning trophies and not stuck somewhere with a Dim Sherwood type as manager.coffee1.gif

Haha who does he think he's kidding?

smile.png

Sent from my SM-G900T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Now Chiccy, why keep using that same ol' knife when you know the blade has gotten dull.biggrin.png

It'll all blow over and Yaya will be back. He's not happy unless he can have a senseless fit about something from time to time. I like Yaya but he's one of those guys who goes looking for disrespect wherever he can find it. He should be happy playing for an organization that is intent on winning trophies and not stuck somewhere with a Dim Sherwood type as manager.coffee1.gif

But he is disrespecting the fans, mate.

He is getting 220K per week..... complaining about a birthday cake?????

He was hardly born with a silver spoon in his mouth. He should remember where he comes from.... most people would be happy to receive a cup cake 10yrs late... he should think about that... ungrateful pr!ck!! Most City fans are working class people it wont go down well, this!!

For me he has overstepped the mark. He owes the players, the club and the fans a big apology.

Inflation mate, 220k a week doesn't buy you much anymore. wink.png

smile.png

Now Chiccy, why keep using that same ol' knife when you know the blade has gotten dull.biggrin.png

You might try and gloss over it mate but that doesn't mean I have to.

coffee1.gif

smile.png

Take no notice of Chicog mate. He has a chip on his shoulder or a bee in his bonnet and it ain't gonna change.

• Like 1