Manchester City

mrbojangles

yes i wasnt happy with thaksin taking over actually.......i stay in bangkok each year and once i knew something about how he got his money im now glad hes out....

BUT im a tru mancunian now living abroad and follow it everyday on mcfc and bbc.....we dont get a lot of coverage but thankfully in new zealand ive located a website that i can watch all the premiership games that are being shown live on some kind of satelite tv......

im also a true suporter of man city and i support them regardless of their fortune, misfortune or their place in the league be it premiership or otherwise...

nice of you to assume that you speak for everyone. i know plenty of city fans back home who were not happy at living off thaksin's money and plenty who are not happy with the state of affairs now either. they're the same sort of fans who began following FCUM when the glazers came in, ones who follow football for the sport itself and the crack of going to a match rather than for the hype and the bullshit. don't assume that every fan has the same soulless viewpoint as yourself.

In fairness stevie, I know very few City fans who knew anything about Thaksin until he actually bought City and knew nothing of how and where he got his money. So they weren't really bothered.

As for the new owners, of course there will be some who don't like it but I can honestly say that as a City fan, I personally do not know one single person who is against the Abu Dhabi's pouring money into our club.

wasn't so much about thaksin with my mates to be honest man, it was that city suddenly had money and the club was no longer 'theirs' if you know what i mean. it could have been anybody.

the injections of foreign money into english football have not been a good thing overall, i don't care what anyone argues. clubs were built to represent communities and to have connections to the local area and that simply doesn't exist any more, which is sad. so singling out city is pointless, it's a systemic issue which will eventually end in tears all round.

the injections of foreign money into english football have not been a good thing overall, i don't care what anyone argues. clubs were built to represent communities and to have connections to the local area and that simply doesn't exist any more, which is sad. so singling out city is pointless, it's a systemic issue which will eventually end in tears all round.

With that I concur. If all the other teams were on a level playing field, my argument would be different. But nowadays, to try and at least keep the top 4 within sight, any team needs a cash injection and a BIG cash injection.

im also a true suporter of man city and i support them regardless of their fortune, misfortune or their place in the league be it premiership or otherwise...

Absolutely paul. I have been supporting Man City all my life and seen Managers, Players and Owners come and go. And I will still be supporting them when this Manager, Owners and Players are all a distant memory.

"CTID" isn't an expression that is chanted on a whim :)

With that I concur. If all the other teams were on a level playing field, my argument would be different. But nowadays, to try and at least keep the top 4 within sight, any team needs a cash injection and a BIG cash injection.

But Arsenal, Man U and Liverpool havent had a cash injection, the thing that is making it an uneven playing field is the amount of money Champions League teams get.

nice of you to assume that you speak for everyone. i know plenty of city fans back home who were not happy at living off thaksin's money and plenty who are not happy with the state of affairs now either. they're the same sort of fans who began following FCUM when the glazers came in, ones who follow football for the sport itself and the crack of going to a match rather than for the hype and the bullshit. don't assume that every fan has the same soulless viewpoint as yourself.

In fairness stevie, I know very few City fans who knew anything about Thaksin until he actually bought City and knew nothing of how and where he got his money. So they weren't really bothered.

As for the new owners, of course there will be some who don't like it but I can honestly say that as a City fan, I personally do not know one single person who is against the Abu Dhabi's pouring money into our club.

I know off the top of my head, half a dozen here who were none too happy about it at all & spread the word back Home with their Pals..

4 of whch here did not renew their Season Tickets that they had ( even whilst they were here ) that they had for 15 plus Years, because of Thaksin..

You are talking about half a dozen people who have Thai connections and knowledge of Thailand. I'm talking about the majority of the match going 40,000+ supporters who knew nothing of Thai politics.

As for your pals spreading the word. I don't think it worked. These are our attendances over the last 3 season's:-

06/07 Avge 39,997

07/08 Avge 42,126 (Thaksin in control)

08/09 Avge 42,900 (Abu Dhabi's in control)

As I say, you can throw into the mix a small amount of people who you personally know but the facts speak for themselves. The majority of City fans are happy with this takeover.

BJ, of course they knew about Thailand etc but i'm talking about half a dozen people out of only about 10 City that i know Mate, the other 4 are in the UK & are/were obviously unaware..

& they're hardly gonna spread the word throughout 40k or so anyway are they, be real BJ ??

If the other 39,994 did actually know what my 6 Pals knew, i very much doubt your attendnces would have been what you wrote either, & rightly so...

It'a all about Majorities & Minorities of course & perhaps my half a dozen i knew coincided with your minority who weren't happy with the Thaksin take over, which you admitted yourself.... :)

But i'll tel you one thing, if he specifically took over my Club, i'd do a lot more than just not renew my Season Ticket & make it a personal Goal of mine to make sure every person who put $ into my Club through Ticket Sales etc were at least aware of the Person that he is & i wouldn't be cheering the Signings of SWP coming Home etc & i'd be ashamed that he was associated with us..

But he's gone now so that's a good thing for Manchester City...

yes i wasnt happy with thaksin taking over actually.......i stay in bangkok each year and once i knew something about how he got his money im now glad hes out....

BUT im a tru mancunian now living abroad and follow it everyday on mcfc and bbc.....we dont get a lot of coverage but thankfully in new zealand ive located a website that i can watch all the premiership games that are being shown live on some kind of satelite tv......

Good Man, spot on...

It'a all about Majorities & Minorities of course & perhaps my half a dozen i knew coincided with your minority who weren't happy with the Thaksin take over, which you admitted yourself.... :D

Could well be. :D

But he's gone now so that's a good thing for Manchester City...

So we can move on now then eh :)

But Arsenal, Man U and Liverpool havent had a cash injection, the thing that is making it an uneven playing field is the amount of money Champions League teams get.

You are of course right and Champions League money does bring in a lot of extra dosh. Now I don't professs to know about all the finances of all the clubs. But there are a lot of other teams with foreign owners who have brought their money into the game. All I am saying is that City are being no different except that, to try and catch up with the clubs who have been spending big for years, we have to spend big now. Hopefully in a few years, we will also be reaping extra benefits of Champions League cash. :)

Hopefully in a few years, we will also be reaping extra benefits of Champions League cash. :)

Just checked the odds, and your upto 34-1 to win the league and they bookies think you'll come 5th.

http://www.statto.com/football/odds/englan...r-league/winner

Got to be worth an each way punt with Liverpool and Arsenal looking short of readies, Chelseas player getting old and Ronaldo possibly leaving.

Hopefully in a few years, we will also be reaping extra benefits of Champions League cash. :)

Just checked the odds, and your upto 34-1 to win the league and they bookies think you'll come 5th.

http://www.statto.com/football/odds/englan...r-league/winner

Got to be worth an each way punt with Liverpool and Arsenal looking short of readies, Chelseas player getting old and Ronaldo possibly leaving.

Worth a punt indeed :D

http://www.bigfootforums.com/index.php?sho...15573&st=50

What's the crack with Sturridge Chaps ??

I haven't seen a great deal of him to be honest but thought he seemed/seems pretty well thought of ??

He has potential but wanted the same money as Stevie Ireland, who has already proved himself. He's only 19 and hasn't really done that much this season. If his attitude is like this at 19, he's only going to get more big headed and he's most definately not a team player. Personally, I hope we get rid of the arrogant git. :)

I haven't seen a great deal of him to be honest but thought he seemed/seems pretty well thought of ??

He has potential but wanted the same money as Stevie Ireland, who has already proved himself. He's only 19 and hasn't really done that much this season. If his attitude is like this at 19, he's only going to get more big headed and he's most definately not a team player. Personally, I hope we get rid of the arrogant git. :)

I had a feeling that'd be your stance... :D

I'll try and find a post later that I made earlier in the season, saying the exact same thing. Me and Jack&Danny were talking about this very subject in Bangkok last month. We were both in agreement that he has the potential but hasn't delivered anything yet, so if he is up his own ar5e now, he'll only be worse if/when he does get better. No place in a "team" for "individuals" like him. If he does go to Chelsea, it will be a good 10m for us and he won't get a game there IMO.

I'll try and find a post later that I made earlier in the season, saying the exact same thing. Me and Jack&Danny were talking about this very subject in Bangkok last month. We were both in agreement that he has the potential but hasn't delivered anything yet, so if he is up his own ar5e now, he'll only be worse if/when he does get better. No place in a "team" for "individuals" like him. If he does go to Chelsea, it will be a good 10m for us and he won't get a game there IMO.

Only pulling you Chain Mate & i know what you're saying & agree with you too.. :D

From the Guardian. What do you guys think about the it I have highlighted in red ?

"I'm not coming back, says Tevez"

Daniel Taylor writes: Carlos Tevez has informed Sir Alex Ferguson that he has no plans to return to Manchester United despite the club's renewed efforts to persuade him to reject Manchester City's overtures.

Ferguson has interrupted his holiday in the south of France several times over the past two weeks to ring Tevez and appeal to him to think carefully about the consequences of leaving a club of United's standing, but the Argentinian has now told the manager that he planned to sever his ties with the ­Premier League champions.

That is unlikely to prevent Ferguson trying to persuade him from changing his mind before the striker officially becomes a free agent on 30 June, but United's management are realistic about the situation and increasingly fear that Tevez will soon confirm he is following Cristiano Ronaldo out of the club.

City have offered Tevez a 75% pay rise, meaning a £140,000-a-week salary, and the chance to re-establish himself as a first-choice player, whereas, tellingly, in all the various discussions with Ferguson there has been no indication from the managerTevez can expect to play in more of ­United's key games this season.

Tevez's main grievance is the frequency with which he was left out of United's bigger matches last season and he has come to feel disenchanted because of the way the club's chief executive, David Gill, has ­handled his proposed signing, repeatedly postponing talks before publicly stating that he thought Tevez was over-priced. That has left the way clear for City to capitalise and, unless Ferguson can convince Tevez otherwise,the Abu Dhabi-owned club confidently expect to pull off one of their biggest transfer coups of modern times despite Liverpool also maintaining their own interest in Tevez.

City have the advantage because they can afford to pay Tevez the higher salary and have informed the consortium that owns the player's economic rights they will pay the £25.5m fee in one sum whereas Liverpool's proposal is to drag it out with instalments over the course of his contract.

Tevez is also aware that moving to Anfield would irreparably tarnish his standing among those United supporters who have been campaigning for him to stay at Old Trafford. The player is described as "tribal" and is aware of the intense rivalry between United and Liverpool but, in his mind, he does not believe it would cause so much bad feeling if he went to City

Your Mob made an Official Enquiry about Upson yesterday..

There was talk in the Papers over the weekend of Richards coming our way plus Cash, i'd personally take that all day long & with the Offical Enquiry made yesterday, maybe there's some truth in it

From the Guardian. What do you guys think about the it I have highlighted in red ?

"I'm not coming back, says Tevez"

Daniel Taylor writes: Carlos Tevez has informed Sir Alex Ferguson that he has no plans to return to Manchester United despite the club's renewed efforts to persuade him to reject Manchester City's overtures.

Ferguson has interrupted his holiday in the south of France several times over the past two weeks to ring Tevez and appeal to him to think carefully about the consequences of leaving a club of United's standing, but the Argentinian has now told the manager that he planned to sever his ties with the ­Premier League champions.

That is unlikely to prevent Ferguson trying to persuade him from changing his mind before the striker officially becomes a free agent on 30 June, but United's management are realistic about the situation and increasingly fear that Tevez will soon confirm he is following Cristiano Ronaldo out of the club.

City have offered Tevez a 75% pay rise, meaning a £140,000-a-week salary, and the chance to re-establish himself as a first-choice player, whereas, tellingly, in all the various discussions with Ferguson there has been no indication from the managerTevez can expect to play in more of ­United's key games this season.

Tevez's main grievance is the frequency with which he was left out of United's bigger matches last season and he has come to feel disenchanted because of the way the club's chief executive, David Gill, has ­handled his proposed signing, repeatedly postponing talks before publicly stating that he thought Tevez was over-priced. That has left the way clear for City to capitalise and, unless Ferguson can convince Tevez otherwise,the Abu Dhabi-owned club confidently expect to pull off one of their biggest transfer coups of modern times despite Liverpool also maintaining their own interest in Tevez.

City have the advantage because they can afford to pay Tevez the higher salary and have informed the consortium that owns the player's economic rights they will pay the £25.5m fee in one sum whereas Liverpool's proposal is to drag it out with instalments over the course of his contract.

Tevez is also aware that moving to Anfield would irreparably tarnish his standing among those United supporters who have been campaigning for him to stay at Old Trafford. The player is described as "tribal" and is aware of the intense rivalry between United and Liverpool but, in his mind, he does not believe it would cause so much bad feeling if he went to City

Regarding your highlighted line, could be because unlike LP, citeh aren't considered a threat. :):D:D

i think it's funny. united fans i know back home are going berserk at the thought of him moving to city. they're bouncing off the walls.

i think it's funny. united fans i know back home are going berserk at the thought of him moving to city. they're bouncing off the walls.

Same here Stevie. That's why I thought the article a tad strange.

Regarding your highlighted line, could be because unlike LP, citeh aren't considered a threat. :):D:D

It's that kind of contempt for the opposition that comes back and bites you right on yer ass. If taking 6 points off you a couple of seasons ago isn't a threat to you, then i honestly don't know what is.

As for the original question I was asking. It is really only something that could be answered from people who come from the North West. And that isn't being sarcastic. You need to have been brought up in the area to be fully aware of the hatred. :D

for what it's worth i think city are going to be a genuine threat to the top four hegemony next season. sign tevez, santa cruz and a few other top class players and they'll be after arsenal's seat at the table.

for what it's worth i think city are going to be a genuine threat to the top four hegemony next season. sign tevez, santa cruz and a few other top class players and they'll be after arsenal's seat at the table.

Cheers Stevie. I do so hope you are right :)

they're just better set up for it than anyone else is bojangles. they're a bit like chelsea were when abramovich arrived right now, and hughes hasn't really had a chance to use the big money properly yet. you're certainly better set to break the top four than villa, everton or spurs are.

It's that kind of contempt for the opposition that comes back and bites you right on yer ass. If taking 6 points off you a couple of seasons ago isn't a threat to you, then i honestly don't know what is.

As for the original question I was asking. It is really only something that could be answered from people who come from the North West. And that isn't being sarcastic. You need to have been brought up in the area to be fully aware of the hatred. :D

How long you gonna hang your hat on something two year's ago. I know it may be a milestone for city, but as LP found out last year, it meant fuc_k all in the end.

Go ahead, sign MR T. would rather he be with you than LP anyway. Things are changing, gone are the days of one club for life, sad but true.

How long you gonna hang your hat on something two year's ago. I know it may be a milestone for city, but as LP found out last year, it meant fuc_k all in the end.

I'm not hanging my hat on anything. You said "could be because unlike LP, citeh aren't considered a threat". And all I am saying is, the Man U players might have thought that too. And it bit em on the ass and not only when playing City.

I'm not hanging my hat on anything. You said "could be because unlike LP, citeh aren't considered a threat". And all I am saying is, the Man U players might have thought that too. And it bit em on the ass and not only when playing City.

Mate, seriously, when its this time of year and we have another league title, I can assure that u that not one player or supporter gives a flying dog turd about losing 2 to liverpool.

Now I understand that teams outside of the big 4 may take extra pleasure from beating any of us during the course of the year, the fact remains that the title is decided over 38 games.

I guess not being from the NE does have its advantages when it come to separating fact from sarcasm, but don't take my word for it, just visit the league table at end of each year for further clarification :D

Mate, seriously, when its this time of year and we have another league title, I can assure that u that not one player or supporter gives a flying dog turd about losing 2 to liverpool.

Now I understand that teams outside of the big 4 may take extra pleasure from beating any of us during the course of the year, the fact remains that the title is decided over 38 games.

I guess not being from the NE does have its advantages when it come to separating fact from sarcasm, but don't take my word for it, just visit the league table at end of each year for further clarification :)

you'd be absolutely wrong there james, i know plenty who really, really do.

and it's 'NW' by the way.